Went and seen the movie last night finally, and I have to say, that seeing as I feel movies 3-5 were pretty disappointing, 3 being the absolute worst (they killed my favourite book by leaving too much **** out and I refuse to watch the 3rd movie now), and 4 and 5 just being "meh", I feel 6 was waaaaay better than the last 3.
Spoilers for the movie behind the cut:
[hide]
Ok. Let's just get the obvious bad stuff out of the way: Narcissa was fugly as sin (meh, they already ruined Remus), They didn't include any back story on Snape being the HBP, they didn't include the fight scene at the end, etc.
And lets focus on how AWESOME this movie was (in comparison to 3, 4 and 5). I was well impressed. Since Chamber of Secrets, I felt the movies have taken a downhill slide. 5 was slightly better, but this I was very happy with.
Like...wow. I cried also. I have no really comprehensive thoughts because I am tired and I tend to forget lots of stuff right after I watch a movie but yes. I was pleased. Must see it again.
Also *SMOOSHES HERMIONE AND RON*
So hard. Together. Like that. Oh and hey, Harry didn't piss me off this movie!
That was from my livejournal last night. And Rider of Abaddon and I have been discussing it all morning.
I've seen a lot of fans complaining about the movie, and maybe its just because I haven't read the book since it came out, and I read it very fast which means none of it sank in. Sooo when I go back and reread it, it might make me hate the movie too.
A lot of people are complaining that the movie was too dark (colour wise) and didn't have the bright shimmery blues of POA or the brilliant reds and oranges of GOF.
You know what? I'm ok with that. In the wizarding world right now people are scared, depressed, they don't want to stand out or be found, so I think its understandable that they're toning the colours down.
Yeah, I'm still pleased with the movie. I hope I stay pleased with it.
[/hide]