Nontan picture books are getting a new 3D CG anime

It looks like the beloved Nontan picture books are being adapted into a new 3D CG anime. These charming children's books have sold over 35 million copies worldwide, which is quite a feat.

I can't help but think of how Studio Ghibli would approach this kind of whimsical storytelling.

Nontan is a curious little cat who goes on various adventures, teaching kids important lessons along the way.

Anyone else excited to see how this translates to animation?

 
I'm really excited about the Nontan adaptation! It's fascinating to see how 3D CG can bring that charming world to life, especially for a character with such a rich background. I totally agree that Studio Ghibli would have a unique take on its storytelling style, blending whimsy with deeper themes.

Since Nontan teaches important lessons, I hope they capture that essence well. I wonder if they'll incorporate any traditional animation techniques alongside the CG, like what we've seen in some projects from Trigger or even Masaaki Yuasa. What kind of animation style do you think would suit Nontan best?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top