Nolan Batman #3: The Dark Knight Rises

What I like the most about the movie (aside from the fact that there was a Robin in it), is that it felt the most like a comic book.

And I'm not talking about nods to the Batman comics like Talia, the back-breaking, and the "so that's what that feels like" line (funniest moment in the movie though), but about some of the other, larger than life scene like when all the lights go out to signal Batman's return (and I'm not saying it copied the Avenger, but it did remind me of Ironman hacking the PA system), the "light it up" scene, and of course big war scene.
 
funny you should say that because I felt batman begins felt the most 'comic book-movie' out of all 3 but I see where you're coming from. I try to visualize it like reading panels and pages in a graphic novel while I think it got a little to monologue-ish in certain scenes it didn't bother me that much.

There was a part in justice league Kingdom Come where Superman leaves before Bruce is finished and he says the exact same thing in DKR. I don't know how many times it's happened in comics but it's always fun to see :laugh:
 
Talia was actually Ra's daughter. Bane was just some random protector in the pit, he wasn't related to Ra's in any way

I know...that's pretty much what I stated. Especially when I said "He (Bane) wasn't Ras' kid in the comics).

Bane's backstory was that he was the one born and raised in the prison and kept there to pay his father's (which was not Ras) debt and then escaped. But in Nolan's universe they gave that backstory to Talia (with the twist that it was Ras who was the original inmate).
 
funny you should say that because I felt batman begins felt the most 'comic book-movie' out of all 3 but I see where you're coming from. I try to visualize it like reading panels and pages in a graphic novel while I think it got a little to monologue-ish in certain scenes it didn't bother me that much.

I disagree, to me Begins was the least comic book-like of the movies. I would go as far as to say that I do not actually like Begins. I don't hate the movie, but I don't consider it anywhere near my favorites (I would put it below all the Avenger-verse movies).


Something to think about for the next installment that we will never see... Even if Talia died and there are no Lazarus Pits in the Nolanverse, Damian could still be born because in the comics he was given birth in an artificial womb.
 
just saw the dark knight rises last night was kind of nervous to go due to the shooting in CO, very good movie thought the 1st half was too slow but picked up big time near the middle, still don't think it's better then The Dark Knight but i really enjoy the ending.
 
This movie delivered- big time.

I really think, though, that if I'd known anything about the plot besides Bane & Catwoman were in it, it probably would've ruined it a bit for me.

I so guessed Talia at the love-making scene, but the way they played it out, I actually second-guessed myself before the reveal. Even though they didn't give really any reason why Bruce would be in love with her, I kind of liked how it somehow made Bane a little sympathetic in the end.

And- no meme intended- I empathized a lot with Bruce in this one, to the point where this film actually cured me of depression.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top