Life is showtime
Had my Wii pre-ordered for ages with my local Gamestation store. Today's the launch day for the Wii here, I decided to work fro 6.30am till 3pm instead of 9 till 5 so i can get out of work early and get my Wii. Guess what? At the last minute Nintendo fucking redirected the order of Wiis (52) to some "bigger" company. So Nintendo of Europe are such fucktards, they're sending a delivery in tomorrow morning and if I don't get my Wii tomorrow, heads are gonna be rolling. How the **** can Nintendo promise to keep up with demand when they can't even fucking keep up with 52 Pre-orders in a store? Midnight Launch, 21 consoles were to go, 7 were picked up. They still had the other 14 in the store and I asked the guy if I could get one of them cos I have the cash now and he said "No, cos they're numbered and in order. You'll receive your console when we get our second batch in which should be tomorrow"

Seriously, if Nintendo don't deliver tomorrow, I'm gonna give them an angry call and tell them to deal with pre-orders right. I pre-ordered it cos It's actually going to be impossible in the UK, to walk into a store and just pick a Wii box off teh shelf and buy it until after Xmas. Several games have already been sold out (they've also put by a copy of Zelda with every Pre-ordered Wii).

Anyone else seen this problem or is it just the UK?

What do you expect? This IS Nintendo of Europe we're talking about after all? The same guys who fucked up with the Virtual Console in the fact that a lot of the games are the PAL versions plus delayed a lot of DS games till next year and decided to delay a lot of kickass Wii launch games from the States till next year such as Trauma Centre: Second Opinion and Elebits.

I know if I could have afforded to buy the machine with those two games [I'd have saved Zelda for later and I've since found out today thru someone I know at my local importer that my motion sickness that I get from trying to play FPS games would get worse if I tried to play Red Steel! *sob*], I'd be pissed at NOE if I didn't get my machine and according to a friend who's already had hers bought for her in Austria by her Dad because in certain parts of Europe like Austria and Spain it was St Nicholas' day yesterday and is celebrated as a public holiday so the Wii was released a day earlier, no pre-orders were taken for the machine so I've a feeling NOE were catering more for the rest of Europe over the UK especially because of yesterday being a public holiday in most of Europe and I've a feeling it's going to be a similar situation in a few days time in Scandinavia when St Lucia's feast day takes place as that's a big holiday there which is practically equivalent to Xmas as well.

I am the law
Here's a little lesson on how Distibution works kids.

As a company Nintendo does not direct where systems go or how many are shipped to each store. That is done by each store's DC, or distribution center.
Once the systems leaves Nintendo's warehouse it is out of our hands. Those DC's decide where the systems go, and will redirect them at their own descression, since it's a bunch of corporate people making the decision.

Again, Nintendo does NOT decide how many of each systems go to each store!

If your pissed off about it (and I would be too), blame the store...NOT Nintendo :)

I don't have low self esteem.
Man, this news sure sucks..

But then again, when you buy consoles on launch day, **** can happen. I can even remember similar stuff happening back in the days when the PlayStation 2 was only just brand new!!

I'm not entirely sure whether I would want a Wii or not, but if I suddenly change my mind and decide I want one after all, then I would probably wait til sometime when the price gets lowered down just like I did with the N64 back at the time. Plus there'd be more consoles on the shelves and buying a Wii would be much easier.

Meanwhile, one console I'm staying away from is the PlayStation 3. :p

Banned
...if I don't get my Wii tomorrow, heads are gonna be rolling.

Exactly what will you if you don't? Seriously, making threats like that is just plain stupid. Do you actually think that Nintendo gives a damn if you get your console or if you don't get it by tomorrow?

And to make something clear, Nintendo has NOTHING to do with whether your store gets any consoles in stock. An individual store - that's part of a chain - will not order or get items directly from Nintendo. Least most stores won't, some might be able to get them directly from a Nintendo owned wholesaler but most often an individual store will get it from a distributor.

Let's look at Walmart, for example, each individual store puts in an order for a certain item. They order it from their distribution center which in turn takes all the orders from all the Walmarts and makes one giant order. The distribution center then gets the item in stock and then sends out the merchandise back to the individual store. HOWEVER, due to the availablity of certain items, an individual store may or may not get the full order - or get the full order in one batch.

So while you're upset that your console isn't in the store for you to pick up, the blame does not go to Nintendo but rather the distribution center your store uses.

Life is showtime
I got let down again today. The received a stock of 29 consoles, taking their number up to 50. So they just need to get a minimum of 16 consoles in on Monday (they expect at least 20), and I'll get mine. Problem is, I'm at work all week next week and get home when the store closes and can't get there at lunch, my mum said she'll pick it up so if I phone up on Monday morning, ask if they have it in. If they say yes, I phone my mum, she goes there after her work (she finishes 2 hours before i do), and It'll be waiting for me when I get home.....HOPEFULLY!

Here's a little lesson on how Distibution works kids.

As a company Nintendo does not direct where systems go or how many are shipped to each store. That is done by each store's DC, or distribution center.
Once the systems leaves Nintendo's warehouse it is out of our hands. Those DC's decide where the systems go, and will redirect them at their own descression, since it's a bunch of corporate people making the decision.

Again, Nintendo does NOT decide how many of each systems go to each store!

If your pissed off about it (and I would be too), blame the store...NOT Nintendo :)

Distribution companies like Bergsala have been infamous with shitty Nintendo distribution and **** ups.

Bergsala handles distribution for Nintendo in Sweden, Norway, and Denmark.

Life is showtime
To be honest, I'm not as disappointed as I was yesterday, due to the fact I didn't expect them to have it in. But I'm also disappointed due to the fact I have nothing to do over the week cos I kept today and tomorrow free just in case I got my Wii. Now I might get it Monday, I'm gonna have less time to play it for the first time I get it and I'm gonna lose sleep and feel like **** everyday at work now.......:(

Buy a new ps2. Ask the game store for a empty ps3 box, put the insides of the ps2 box inside of the ps3 box and give it to someone for x-mas. Record their reaction on camera. Put it on YouTube.