New traditions for Kamen Rider and Super Sentai

RiderKing

New Member
It seems like ever since the year 2009 with Kamen Rider Decade and Samurai Sentai Shinkenger, Toei has been making new changes to their two most popular Toku shows.

Kamen Rider
Movie War films featuring team-ups between the previous and current Kamen Riders in December.

Super Sentai
V-Cinema epilogue movies in June.

Both
Early debut of the current heroes' successors in their movies.

Now, what is your personal opinion on these changes Toei is doing with Kamen Rider and Super Sentai?
 
For the Movie Wars : At first I thought ' Really Toei, you're gonna copy Super Sentai and make a crossover movie with Kamen Rider' but after seeing the first Movie Wars, it actually worked well and the Old Rider of last year's epilogue movie worked well with the New Rider one.

For the Epiloge movies of Super Sentai : I didnt like it, Super Sentai should just keep the people guessing what happen after and shouldnt have made this V-Cinema thingy
 
I think Toei realzied their mistake of seperating Kamen Riders into different world, and to fix it, are placing all the Riders from W forward in the same world. They then cross them over through through Movie Wars. Eho knows, maybe a few years, we'll get an American Second Rider?
 
So they're making a Goseiger Returns?

Yep. Trailer's already out

Kamen Rider seems to be making changes to its lineup too - only two Riders in the show, with more form changes. IIRC someone said a while ago that the last few series with more than two Riders hadn't done so well but I don't know anything about that
 
The changes don't really bother me much at all

I was stoked when the first Movie Wars came out and I'm still very much a fan of it except for the fact that it shattered what little integrity Decade had left in the crossover movie between him and Double

I think if future movies of this sort at least has a somewhat decent plot and isn't a total fanwank, they'll do well
 
I was stoked when the first Movie Wars came out and I'm still very much a fan of it except for the fact that it shattered what little integrity Decade had left in the crossover movie between him and Double

How'd you work that one out?
 
yeah it has become more a norm but it is not a new thing for Kamen rider, back in the showa era older riders like rider one - stronger did many team up movies, and in the 90's J and Zo teamed up, and more recently Agito and Ryuki had a special team up movie.

However the team ups now like Den-o and Kiva, or Decade Double, Den-O and Decade, and now ooo with double, feel like camo/advertising for the newer rider then an actually team up, when compared to the showa era ones, due to difference of monsters type, and basically story background. Showa era was all about Shocker, so teaming up with a common enemy made a lot more sense then just "hey i came out of nowhere and here to help":laugh:
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top