National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo)

PSI Ground

pictures of fish
The site

What NaNoWriMo is said:
What: Writing one 50,000-word novel from scratch in a month's time.

Who: You! We can't do this unless we have some other people trying it as well. Let's write laughably awful yet lengthy prose together.

Why: The reasons are endless! To actively participate in one of our era's most enchanting art forms! To write without having to obsess over quality. To be able to make obscure references to passages from our novels at parties. To be able to mock real novelists who dawdle on and on, taking far longer than 30 days to produce their work.

When: You can sign up anytime to add your name to the roster and browse the forums. Writing begins November 1. To be added to the official list of winners, you must reach the 50,000-word mark by November 30 at midnight. Once your novel has been verified by our web-based team of robotic word counters, the partying begins.

Where: You write wherever you’d like. On your computer, on your iPad, on a typewriter---anywhere is fine, just as long as you’re writing!

Is anyone else doing it this year? I am. Besides, I'm getting extra credit in writing for it.
 
I am- the name's platalobo on there (spanish for Silverwolf)

I tried last year, but I could never get the chance to upload anything (I was using a school computer)

Trying again this year:thumbs:
 
I'm gonna be participating this year. This will be my third time trying and hopefully the first time I actually finish on target.
 
The ideas I have are coming rapidfire in my mind.

I'm thinking I'll end up putting this at at least 100K words. Just so I can squeeze everything in with decent pacing. Plus, I really don't want to make sequels. If I did a sequel, I'd want to focus on a whole new set of characters, but put it in the same world.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top