Nao Nasagawa: rising star in tokusatsu

i kind of dislike her because of that one interview. did she really think she was fooling anyone ?

Got a link to it? I really would like to know what we are talking about here. How was she fooling people? What was it about?
 
Got a link to it? I really would like to know what we are talking about here. How was she fooling people? What was it about?

http://diversejapan.com/2012/02/05/...nd-idol-super-sentai-and-kamen-rider-heroine/

When your character Nanami transforms into Hurrican Blue, are the action sequences performed by a stunt actor?

I did the fight scenes myself. They measured my head for helmet and my body for the costume, which was a tight fit.

Normally, the fight scenes are performed by a stunt double, aren’t they?

Normally, yes. But I was able to do them myself.
 
Woooow, that's just... Bad.

Later she states she did the fight scenes herself. Which is it???

I'm Glad Yuuki Ono is credited for the suitwork on all the sites I checked. Also on the TV-Asashi page?
 
I thought she did fine as Nanami but she was really young and that was I think her first gig. She's gotten better since her rookie days there. I think by the time you get to her role in Kanon you can see the difference.

I also respect that she did many of her own stunts for Hurricanger. I like that she seems always willing to return to the part that put her on the map. Because when you think about how the Hurricangers started out as these lovable losers then it's neat now seeing Nanami having grown up into a sempai hero.

Hmmm, they where a "Motley Crew" off the bat. I really want to finish watching so I can change/re-evaluate my opinion about the main cast. Any other group/crew doing subs on the show?
 
I'm Glad Yuuki Ono is credited for the suitwork on all the sites I checked. Also on the TV-Asashi page?

Ono's been credited many places, including the Japan Action Enterprise's site when the show was on the air -- they also talked to her on the making of the Hurricane movie -- but, as comments here and on that interview page show, there are people who believe Nao.

And the funny thing is...she didn't even do all of her out of suit stuff! Naoko Kamio was credited on the JAE's site as being Nanami's double! So, Nao's taking credit for her work, too!

She does the fight scenes herself, though -- ha! It's scary how she's chosen to mislead people.
 
Last edited:
Hmm. I'd heard before that she did some stunts for the show but her comments in the article do make it seem it like she's saying she did it totally solo. However she's also reportedly not fluent in English so I'm wondering if just maybe something is getting lost in translation here. Either in terms of the question being asked or her actual answer.

It seems odd that she would purposely take the credit for all the Hurricane Blue stuntwork when one can so very easily go and look up the suit actors for Hurricanger.
 
Last edited:
I'm glad I started this topic, this is a very interesting discussion.

Matt also has a really good point there. I know that her English is very basic, she often posts in Japanese on FB as well and I rarely see her using English lately. When she does post in English, she uses no more that two sentences.

Are there any other interviews, perhaps by Japanese magazines, where these questions, or similar ones, where asked? I mean, everyone is credited for the work they did, so it couldn't be a smart move to take credit for work that other people did. Doesn't fit her public persona.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top