My two cents on SPD-G.K.A. Times opinion

NinjaJack

Member
(read entire article)

Personally SPD strikes me as a fine first attempt at bringing PR to a new direction. I`m not sure where that direction will end up but it`s sure different from past PR.
S.P.D seems to suffer from not knowing where PR has been and not exactly being prophet like in knowing where it`s going.
Wired was a good effort that needed less of S.O.P.H.I.E. and more of Bridge. The story was fine, but in the long run it really did not advance any plots now did it?
We need more episodes like Shadow , we need to know that these Rangers face consequences to their actions. If Cruger had stayed with his wife he might today know of her fate. But episodes like Abandoned seem to drive the point this team still has room to grow.
 
NinjaJack said:
Personally SPD strikes me as a fine first attempt at bringing PR to a new direction. I`m not sure where that direction will end up but it`s sure different from past PR.
I agree. :thumbs:
 
I Think SPD's strongest suit though is that the characters ARE growing. The fact that just yesterday they made a comment about what a jerk Sky USED to be. With DT the charcters were right where they started in terms of growth.
 
Mega Ranger said:
I Think SPD's strongest suit though is that the characters ARE growing. The fact that just yesterday they made a comment about what a jerk Sky USED to be. With DT the charcters were right where they started in terms of growth.

The characters did change in DT...but it was really small character changes that occured REALLY slowly over the course of the season.
 
By the way I`m still looking for reporters. Thanks to the folks that joined. Theres a few openings left and once they`re gone they`re gone.

If you think you can write editorials, news articles or just good at ranting on current news just come and show us your stuff. This is your chance to shine in your craft. send me a good post or piece and your email addy if you want to join, join while you can.
 
NinjaJack said:
Thanks, like to elaborate?

...there are some out there who preach how "innovative" SPD is...then there are those who preach...how SPD "sucks donkey balls." This not including stuff Sentai Snobs or Anti-Sentites say.

Overall...to me anyway...SPD is in the middle...no different from the past PR season.

...your quote did not side either way...one of the more sensible quotes coming from either a PR or Sentai Fan.



PS: This doesn't include stuff like VRT, BBBB, or MR, right? :laugh:
 
Good article. I agree with the most of it. To me, SPD is in good hands and lets remember its from a new guy! Bruce is doing one hell of a fucking job. He's trying hard and he's made a few mistakes this season. But for his first time he's done a fantastic job I think. His story planning skills are great and its awesome how much he planned so far ahead. Magnificense, A-Squad, Shadows planet and wife, Skys father and being red ranger all that good stuff. It has a lot going for it.

With SWAT Part 1 I have come to appreciate the writers even MORE. Why? Because they solved the Conner syndrome this year. They proved to Conner junkies that the Power Rangers work as a team. They dont rely on one person to solve their problems. A lesson well taught in Abandoned and now being retaught in a subtle way in SWAT 1. It's showing the fans that "hey, battlizer isnt all powerful. Jack still needs to work as a team. Battlizer wont always solve their problems. They cant rely on it". And I love it. It's ingenius writing.

But anywho, nice article. Though RangerKing. Hmmm. Why even bring him up? For one, to boycott Power Rangers is to boycott the community and everything it stands for. For better or worse we are here FOR the longevity of Power Rangers. Boycotting is the LAST thing on our minds because it will destroy PR. Not make it better. RangerKing brought it on himself. At least RAngerBoard took a VOTE. A vote! The mods didnt ban him. The people did. Rangerking defended himself with his past actions on the board and he finally go what he asked for. I see no reason to defend him, though subtley, on a article.

More so, it might be premature to write an opinion on SPD. Because it's not finished. Using your analogy, you are judging the Gundam model when you havent finished building it and putting it together. You are judging something that is incomplete. Of course it has missing pieces. You didnt finish what you started.

I think we will all have a better idea where we stand with SPD when its over. Right now all we can do is judge what we've seen. Bit by bit.

But I agree with a lot of the opinions on the Article. Pretty much my own in regards to SPD. Messenger was just... horrible writing at best. But Im one of the few people that likes Sam and his voice and his ball of light form. I dont mind it at all.
===

It's rough working on articles. I'm trying to hunt down news worthy items in the Toku community instead of re-reporting and posting up Scans or interviews. Hopefully I will get better at contributing to the GKA times in time.

But I like what the GKA times is trying to do.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top