Blue Saint
Member
Article here.
[HIDE]
[/HIDE]
This was one of the few pieces of news that came out of SDCC that caught my interest. I really like the mindset that Aaron Lopresti is going into this with, since like him horror is not really my thing but monsters still interest me. I think my issue with modern horror is that gore takes importance over anything else, so when we do get monsters movies now they are little more than 2 hours of a it ripping apart some assholes no one cares about.
But here it goes back to the basics. I will admit that yeah Garbage Man's origin is nothing new and basically stock, I am fine with that. If it gets us fun stories that is great, it wasn't like Swamp Thing or Man-Thing were that original either. I find almost hilarious that a monster book could well be one of the more whimsical series to come from the Big Two. I look forward to hearing more it this and hope it can deliver.
[HIDE]
This was one of the few pieces of news that came out of SDCC that caught my interest. I really like the mindset that Aaron Lopresti is going into this with, since like him horror is not really my thing but monsters still interest me. I think my issue with modern horror is that gore takes importance over anything else, so when we do get monsters movies now they are little more than 2 hours of a it ripping apart some assholes no one cares about.
But here it goes back to the basics. I will admit that yeah Garbage Man's origin is nothing new and basically stock, I am fine with that. If it gets us fun stories that is great, it wasn't like Swamp Thing or Man-Thing were that original either. I find almost hilarious that a monster book could well be one of the more whimsical series to come from the Big Two. I look forward to hearing more it this and hope it can deliver.