Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation- Season 1 (S1)

Episode 7-- "I STAY AWAY"

I STAY AWAY

Angel Grove.
The Scott residence.

Jason’s room is decorated with several posters. They depict famed martial artists, including Bruce Lee, Jackie Chan, Tony Jaa, Yuen Biao and Jean Claude Van Damme. A great amount of martial arts trophies adorn the shelves.

Jason and Billy sit on Jason’s bed, while Zack sits in a bean bag on the floor. They watch the TV as an episode of “The Simpson’s" draws to an end.

Zack chuckles thru a grin on his face. “Man, that’s good stuffâ€.

Billy surveys the trophies on the wall. “These trophies are quite an accomplishment. Are you anticipating the upcoming Martial Arts Expo?â€

“Yeah. I’m a little nervous about it, but I always am," Jason answers.

“But you always come out on top," Zack adds.

“I know. But I wasn’t a Power Ranger any of those times. With our luck, Rita will send Goldar down during the competition. Or just before, and I’ll break a leg or something," Jason worries.

“We should be able to handle any spontaneous attacks of Rita’s in time for you to participate in this year’s events. If it would help, I can assist in creating a training regimen specified to your interests and capabilities that would assist in your goals for this event," Billy volunteered.

“Really? I don’t know, Billy. Every year I get worried that maybe my skills are a little outdated," Jason admits. “But to be honest, I feel like it’s something I have to do on my ownâ€.

“In any case, your experience as a Power Ranger will no doubt help you achieve success. When and if you’re willing, the entire team can assist in your training. Including the girls," Billy adds.

Zack looks at the picture on Jason‘s nightstand of the 5 teens together. “Speaking of the girls--," Zack sees Jason turn to him with a dour look. “--or notâ€.

“It’s getting rather late. I should be getting home so that I can prepare for Ms. Applebee’s English test at the end of the week. I can also get started on outlining a regimen for you to use, should you decide that you’ll accept our assistance," Billy says.

“Yeah, I’ll head out with you. You know we’re here for you if you need us, man," Zack says to Jason.

“Yeah, I know. I’ll see you guys tomorrow," Jason says.

Hours pass and the early part of the night is now very early morning. Jason lies under his blankets unable to sleep as he is deep in thought.

“C’mon, Jase," Kim encourages. “Look, I didn’t tell you the way I felt about what happened so that you could sulk about it. Just don’t push me away like this. Don’t stop being one of my best friends. That’d hurt, like, a million times more. Pleaseâ€

They share an uneasy glance.

“I got to go," Jason says as he turns away from Kim.

“So, that’s it then? You’re just going leave me alone again like this? Again?," Kim says, reflections of anger gleaning in her voice.

Jason is again silent.

“Fine then. Just be careful with that solitude you so desperately need. You’ll only have yourself to blame when you find yourself stuck there. Aloneâ€


Jason rolls over in his bed, and finds him self facing the wall with shelves containing some of his many trophies. He remembers the work he put into earning each and every one. He looks to his nightstand at a picture of him, Zack, Trini, Kim, & Billy. He yawns as he looks beside the picture at his alarm clock. It reads 12:37 a.m., but only for a second before his vision blurs and sleep ultimately sets in.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita sits in a chamber of the Palace, going thru a very thick spell book. Finster enters.

“My Queen, you are still awake," Finster notices.

“And what gave it away, dog face? Let me guess, my eyes are still open?," Rita asks sarcastically.

“But my Queen, you should be getting rest. Your semi-humanoid physiology requires that you--," Finster is interrupted by Rita.

“Can it! Finster you are never to speak on that subject EVER again! Got that?! Besides, I’m busy searching for a spell that’ll help me take down those Power Brats. They’ve thwarted my attacks too many times. I want to see them crumble and the way to do that is to start with the head," Rita says.

“You mean Zordon?," Finster asks.

“No, you mutt!," Rita yells. “Those Rangers would get in my way before I could get to Zordon. I’m going to start with the Red Ranger. He foiled my plan to abduct the Mayor and turn the public at large against the Rangers. For that he will pay!â€

“I see. Then it may be of interest to you that I have recently designed a quite nefarious creature who will prove most useful in an effort to divide the Power Rangers. With the team broken, you will have the Red Ranger all to yourself, with no interruptions," Finster tells his mistress.

“Oh, yes!," Rita shakes her fist. “We can divide that team that Jason is so fond of for their ability to stand unitedâ€.

“Yes, Empress, but the success of this plan would be far greater if you were well rested. You haven’t slept in a month," Finster notes.

Rita yawns. “Oh, all right. I’ll take a brief beauty nap but when I awake I want that monster ready for action!," Rita demands.

“Yes, of course, of course. Now, off to bed you go," Finster hurries Rita along.

“Yeah, yeah. You just better have that thing ready to go as soon as I awake," Rita says as she walks toward the exit.

“As you wish. Good night, my Queenâ€.

Angel Grove High School.
Day.

The final bell of the day excuses the students who are very eager, for several reasons, to leave campus. Billy and Zack walk together thru the halls.

“Well, I did manage to put together a rather complex regimen which Jason might find helpful in his training for the Martial Arts Expo occurring in the coming months," Billy tells his friend.

Kim and Trini join the guys. “Hey, guys," Trini greets.

“Hey ladies," Zack responds. “Billy, I’m sure this regimen you’ve put together would do a lot of good, but I think we need to give Jase some roomâ€.

“Is this about the Expo that’s coming up in a couple months?," Trini asks.

“Yeah. That reminds me, where is Jase?," Zack asks.

“He has Gym class 6th period, remember? His teacher is allowing him to work out at the Youth Center several times a week to prepare for the event," Billy answers.

“Well, we’re headed there anyway, right?," Trini asks. “We can ask if there’s anything we can do to helpâ€.

“I don’t think that’s a good idea. At this point, I think we should just respect his wanting to be alone. For now, at least," Zack answers. He turns to Trini who turns to Kim. Kim is silent.

Trini looks back to Zack and nods. “Come on," Zack says. “The park’s as good a place as any to study for Mrs. Applebee’s test on Fridayâ€.

The Youth Center.
The Gym & Juice Bar.

Jason lays back on a bench press, hard at work lifting weights. Sweat beads litter his forehead as he works hard to maintain his concentration on his fitness, working equally as hard not to concentrate on anything or anyone else.

Rita’s Palace.
Finster’s Workshop

“Finster, you dolt! You let me oversleep! And my monster isn‘t even ready?!," Rita screams. Finster stands beside Goldar at the pottery table where Finster finishes fashioning a small clay item mold.

“I thought it best to let you catch up on rest. In the meantime, I have fashioned a weapon for your new monster. I believe you will be quite pleased with the addition. It will serve to give the monster even more fire power," Finster explains.

“Did you use the resin or the clay?," Rita asks.

“Both, actually. However, I did make it a point to use just a smidgeon more resin than I did with the Pudgy Pig," Finster answers.

Rita moves up to the pottery table. “Is this it?".

“Yes, my Queenâ€.

“It looks strong. I like that. I’m feeling well rested and ready to put it to those Power Pukes. Get it in the Monster-Matic now and set it to high," Rita demands. “I can’t wait to overwhelm them and watch them sufferâ€.

Finster hurriedly places the clay figure on the conveyor, wheels it into the oven, sets it to high, and activates it.

“My Queen," Goldar interjects. “If you want to overwhelm the Rangers, I think it’d be a good idea to send myself and the Putties down alongside the new monster to battle the Power Rangersâ€.

“Goldar, I’ll use your idea when it’s crunch time. In the meantime, shut your snout!," Rita demands.

The machine shoots out smoke as Finster calls Rita’s attention to it. “My Queen. This is King Sphinx," A large blue muscular monster with a pharaoh-like head is produced from the large gray tube. It wields a tall Egyptian style staff.

“How ugly! Finster this is just what I wanted!," Rita exclaims.

“I am pleased that you are pleased, Empress. With the beating of his wings, King Sphinx is able to produce a strong gust of mystical force with the power to displace matter and energy," Finster replies.

Rita smiles with delight. “Now then. I will send down the Putties to soften up those kids. Then we’ll drop the heavy-hitter right on their heads!â€

Angel Grove Park.

Zack’s large SUV pulls into the vacant parking lot.

“Look at this place. More and more people are leaving Angel Grove everyday," Trini says.

“Geez, it’s like ‘The Town That Dreaded Sundown’," Kim remarks as she and the others step out of the car.

“Actually, it’s more like ‘Rumble In Angel Grove’. Look," Zack points out to a group of Putties back-flipping out of thin air.

“Great. Looks like Jason’s not the only one getting ready for a fight," Trini remarks as she and her friends toss their back-packs into the car. The Putty Patrol seizes the four teens who make their way around the vehicle to do battle.

Zack poses at the front, driver’s side of the vehicle. A Putty throws a spinning-heel kick at Zack who jumps back and kips up off of the side of the SUV’s hood, landing on one foot, with the other foot crashing into the Putty’s chest. Another Putty sneaks in from the side with a sidekick to Zack’s ribs.

At the front passenger side of the SUV, Trini stands ready in a fight stance as a Putty comes at her, throwing a punch from each side. Trini blocks each and lifts a knee into the Putty’s stomach, then throws a knife hand chop to the side of it’s neck. It throws a backhand that she ducks, but the Putty isn’t as lucky when she returns the favor with a backhand of her own.

Billy ducks a Putty’s jump kick then swings his arms across it’s face in a double-axe handle strike. Hands still weaved together, Billy swings back at the Putty with another double-axe handle strike that the assailant catches. The Putty then throws a kick into Billy’s stomach, knocking him back-first against the back of Zack’s SUV.

Kim blocks a Putty’s punch and strikes it in the head with a high kick, flooring it. Another Putty lunges at her with a punch that she side steps, leaning straight down as she throws a kick straight up behind her, reaching to the Putty’s face. It stumbles back as Kim grabs it by the arm and pulls it to her, slamming her elbow into it’s face. The Putty stumbles backward to the ground as Kim moves back in a series of back-handsprings.

Trini now stands in front of the SUV. She blocks a Putty’s punch and hits it in the face with a palm-strike, sending it backwards to Zack who jump kicks it in the back, sending it back to Trini who catches one of it’s arms and flips it onto it’s back. She then slams a karate chop down hard onto it’s neck.

Billy blocks a front kick from a Putty then lunges forward with an elbow to it’s chest. Billy retaliates, punching Billy across the face. He spins 180 degrees as the Putty moves behind him. Billy throws a back kick that pushes the Putty backward as Kim comes in from a round-off, jumps high, and lands a back kick to the back of the Putty’s head. The Putty stumbles forward toward Billy who uses a sweep to send it crashing to the ground.

The 4 Rangers perform a signature kata as the squad of fallen Putties that litter the parking lot vanish. The teens convene.

“Man, I should have known better than to expect a Monday to be a good day," Zack remarks.

“I’m sure you didn’t expect a ‘Monday’ to serve as the day you die, either, Black Ranger," speaks a monstrous voice. The Rangers turn to face the creature.

“Actually, I did," Zack replies as he, Kim, Billy, and Trini assemble side by side and assume new fight stances.

“I see. Well, before the day is done, allow me to share with you an accessory of mine," King Sphinx says as he raises his staff.

“Didn’t anyone tell you too many accessories clutter an outfit? Come on, guys. Let’s show this clod how to accessorize," Kim quips.

“It’s Morphin’ Time!," Zack shouts. The 4 Rangers reach behind their backs and draw their morphers. They maneuver the morphers forward and press the triggers.

“Mastodonâ€
“Pterodactylâ€
“Triceratopsâ€
“Saber-Tooth Tigerâ€

The morphers snap open and the coins catalyze an induction of colorful Morphin power that envelops the teens.

“Quite a show," King Sphinx comments as he begins to flap his wings, generating an odd translucent force, accompanied by wind. “But I’m gonna have to put an end to this light show!," The Sphinx’ power rushes the energy charged Rangers, sweeping them backward in streaks of light of their respective colors.

Angel Grove Youth Center.
The Gym & Juice Bar.

Jason sets the barbell back into its holder and sits up on the bench. He wipes sweat from his forehead with his left wrist, where his communicator should be. He has yet to find out the consequences for this action.

“Hey, Jason," a teen enters the gym and waves to Jason as he approaches.

“Hey, Richie. What’s going on?," Jason asks.

“Not too much. Just came by to drop off my work permit with Ernie. I forgot to turn it in with my application. Where are Trini and the others? You guys are like hyenas, you move in packs," Richie asks.

“Aww, I got a lot of training to do for the Martial Arts Expo coming up in a couple months. Kind of needed to do this on my own. What about you? Are you going to be competing?," Jason asks.

“I don’t know. They have that whole weapons mastery exhibition thing and I’m not really good with any kind of weapon," Richie answers.

Jason stands up. “That’s too bad, man. Give it some thought. You can’t stand for much of anything if you don’t give things a try in order to find out where it is you standâ€.

“That’s good advice, Jason. Can I give you a little advice maybe?," Richie asks as he leans in to Jason, as if to tell a secret.

“Sure, man. Go for it," Jason answers.

“Take a shower. You stink," Richie and Jason laugh.

“Yeah, I’m on my way. I’ll see you at school tomorrow, man," Jason departs for the…

Men’s Locker Room.

Jason’s communicator sounds off from within his locker. Unfortunately, Jason isn’t around to hear it. Jason walks in, unlocks his locker, and quickly undresses, throwing his sweaty clothes into his bag and on top of his communicator. He grabs his towel, wraps it around his waist, and hurries off to the shower. The communicator sounds off again, this time muffled under Jason’s clothes. No one is around to hear it anyway.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

“All right!," Rita cries. “We’re getting off to a wicked start here. King Sphinx has done away with the Red Ranger’s Power pals. Now, he is all mine!â€

The Gym & Juice Bar.
Men’s Locker Room.

Jason shuffles back to his locker in a pair of sandals , with a towel around his waist. He opens the locker, takes out his clean clothes and begins to dress. He finishes by tying his shoes, and as he does, hears the muffled sound of his communicator’s alert. He digs thru his dirty clothes and pulls out the communicator.

“Come in, Zordon," Jason says into his activated device as he roams along the locker room aisle’s to see if anyone is around.

“Jason, I am relieved to hear from you. We have an emergency. Please teleport to the Command Center now," Zordon says.

“On my way," Jason puts his morpher in his back pocket, locks his locker and clasps his communicator onto his wrist, then teleports out.

The Command Center.

Jason teleports in. “What‘s up, Zordon? Where are the other Rangers?,"

“Ay Yi Yi, Jason. I’m afraid they are in serious trouble," Alpha blurts out.

“Please turn your attention to the Viewing Globe,," Zordon tells Jason.

Jason turns to see the Rangers facing off with King Sphinx then get done away with in the middle of the transformation.

“Finster has created a monster for Rita by the name of King Sphinx. With its wings, it has the power to displace energy. In this case, King Sphinx has done so with your friends while in the midst of morphing," Zordon explains.

Jason watches with a disturbed look. “No. Zordon, are they okay?"

“I am afraid that at this time, we are uncertain. I am sensing their powers, however, I cannot get a coherent lock on them. As it stands, they exist in an incomplete state of both solid matter and energy. As such, the computer’s are having difficulty with distinguishing their life signs," Zordon answered.

Jason slams his fist beside a computer panel.

“AY Yi Yi, Jason," Alpha moves toward the Ranger. “Please, calm down".

“No. This is my fault. I’m the leader of this team, and look what I’ve done. I took my communicator off and couldn’t be there for them when I should have been; when they needed me. And what’s worse…this could have been avoided if I would have let them be there for me in the first place," Jason says.

“Jason, I understand your dilemma. However, it does not appear that we have lost the Ranger’s yet. The Sphinx’ powers are what has taken them from us," Alpha explains.

“Then maybe by destroying him, I can get them back," Jason surmises.

“I am always hesitant to send a Ranger into the field alone. Unfortunately, it seems we have no other choice," Zordon says.

“No. There is no other choice. There never could be. I have to do this. On my own," Jason says.

“Good luck, Jason," Alpha says.

“Jason, be careful. And may the Power protect you," Zordon bids.

“It’s Morphin’ Time! Tyrannosaurus!â€.

Angel Grove Park.

Red Ranger appears behind King Sphinx in a streak of red light. “All right, creep! Bring my friends back fast or I’ll bring you down hard!," he shouts as he performs a martial arts kata.

“Well, if it isn’t Red Ranger: Guest of honor," King Sphinx says.

“I mean it, fang face! I want my friends back now!," Red Ranger demands.

“No way! You’re over your head in this, Ranger!," King Sphinx shouts as he raises his staff, tense to act.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita cackles with evil glee. “Yes, yes! Time to crush him! Goldar!,"

“Yes, Empress?," Goldar asks, as he appears in a flash of flames on the balcony, startling Finster, Baboo, and Squatt.

“Goldar, it’s crunch time," Rita tells her warrior.

“I understand," Goldar growls. He raises his sword and disappears as quickly as he appeared, in an eruption of flames.

Angel Grove Park.

King Sphinx holds his staff out in front of him and projects several charges of red and orange energy in Red Ranger’s direction. Red Ranger somersaults to the side, narrowly avoiding the blasts as they impact the ground with a shower of sparks.

King Sphinx and Red Ranger lunge at each other with an intense ferocity.

“Power Sword!," Red Ranger slashes down vertically at King Sphinx who high blocks with his staff. The two weapons grind against each other. “Bring my friends back now!â€

“You’re friends are as good as dead. But if you’re this intent on being reunited with them, I’d be happy to oblige!," King Sphinx replies.

Red Ranger throws a front kick into the Sphinx’ stomach, pushing him back. He presses forward with a spinning-heel kick that strikes the monster across the face. Red Ranger moves in, raising his Sword to strike but is denied the opportunity when a fire-based energy attack hits him in the back, causing a shower of sparks as it throws him forward toward the Sphinx who swats him to the ground with his staff in a burst of sparks.

Red Ranger rises to his feet as King Sphinx and Goldar circle him, ready to attack.

“You’re in trouble, Red Ranger. And you have none of your candy-colored pals to help you out this time," Goldar growls as he brandishes his sword.

“I don’t need help taking you out, Goldar. I’ve played you once before," Red Ranger replies.

“You have a knack for presenting yourself as a threat that you fail to impose," Goldar says as he slides his hand over his sword, charging it with energy. He lashes out with the weapon, releasing a blast that strikes Red Ranger in the chest.

Red Ranger rolls across the parking lot, landing on his back just as King Sphinx strikes down at him with his staff. Red Ranger blocks the strike with his Power Sword. He’s loathed to admit it, but Red Ranger is faced with the problem he was warned about. The outcome of which he feels is a result of his own ego.

“So, that’s it then? You’re just going leave me alone again like this? Again?," Kim says, reflections of anger gleaning in her voice.

Jason is again silent.

“Fine then. Just be careful with that solitude you so desperately need. You’ll only have yourself to blame when find yourself stuck there. Aloneâ€


“NO!," Red Ranger throws a high kick that strikes King Sphinx in the forehead, knocking him back, giving the Red Ranger the opportunity to rise to his feet as Goldar moves in.

Goldar strikes at red Ranger who deflects the attack with his sword, then is struck in the side by a side kick from King Sphinx, pushing him back as Goldar releases an optic blast that Red Ranger absorbs into the blade of his sword. He turns and discharges the energy toward the attacking King Sphinx, knocking him back in a shower of sparks as Goldar moves in with a horizontal cut across Red Ranger’s chest.

King Sphinx jump kicks Red Ranger in the side of the helmet, pushing him to the side where Goldar rakes him across the chest with his claws. Red Ranger lands a high kick against Goldar as the Sphinx punches Red Ranger in the lower back, causing him to stumble forward.

Goldar and the Sphinx regroup and cross their weapons, aiming them forward with a massive discharge of red and orange fire-type energy that hits Red Ranger powerfully in the stomach, letting out a shower of sparks as he is thrown backward, over the concrete and into the grass.

Rita’s Moon Palace.

Rita lets out a sickening laugh. “This is it, Finster! My plan is working! Now, for the final step! Magic wand, makes my monster’s grow!,"

The orb on Rita’s wand flashes as she throws it over the balcony and into space. Transverse circular force rolls over the staff as it moves at supernatural speed toward the Earth.

The wand bursts thru the Earth’s atmosphere and lands in the park, causing a tremor as the energy glowing of the wand’s orb passes down the wand, thru the ground and is transmitted to King Sphinx and Goldar. An explosion engulfs them, reaching into the sky. When it dissipates, Goldar and King Sphinx stand tall, but not as they were before. Now they stand taller than the tallest skyscrapers in Angel Grove.

“Aww, man. My problems just got a whole lot bigger. I’m in trouble here," Red Ranger wearily makes his way to his feet and activates his communicator. “Alpha, any luck getting a lock on the others?â€

The Command Center.

“Ay Yi Yi! Jason, we’re still working on it, but it’s difficult with the Ranger’s in a state of energy conversion. That energy is pervasively discorporate. We‘ve managed to slow the rate of discorporation with some of the teleportation unit‘s technology," Alpha explains.

“Jason, listen to me," Zordon begins. “The Power exists in a harmonic amalgamation that each of you have access to with your Power Coins. Use the Power to focus your Ranger energies with that of your teammates. Thru your powers, you must unite with your team. If you can reach out to your friends, they can in turn reach out to you, using your current state of resolved energy form for theirs to synchronize toâ€.

Angel Grove Park.

“I understand, Zordon. I’ll give it a tr--," Red Ranger is interrupted when Goldar releases a large optic blast that impacts the land around him and large bursts of sparks, tossing Red Ranger across the landscape. He tries to get up as King Sphinx fires down on him with his staff, tossing him back even further.

“I…have to…reach out," Red Ranger slowly rises to his feet, using his Power Sword for balance. Red Ranger sticks his Sword into the ground, pulls his coin from his morpher and holds it pressed in between his palms as he concentrates.

Red Ranger closes his eyes and recalls an image of the tumultuous ocean at Stone Canyon Beach Boardwalk.

“I like it out here. There’s a sense of calm. Even when the water doesn’t seem to feel it, I do".

The ground trembles around Red Ranger as the giant King Sphinx and Goldar march toward him.

……Jason sits, fully clothed, at the water’s edge. He watches as the water complies with the wind’s orders. The flow of the water is tumultuous. He finds analogy between the water and his emotions.

Goldar and King Sphinx close in.

“I’ve wanted to be with you for so long. I just never knew how to tell you," Jason confesses.

Kim smiles. “I think you just did,"


The Command Center.

Alpha 5 works at the computers. “Zordon, the other Ranger’s scattered energies are resolving. They are coalescing with the Power Jason is summoningâ€.

“Jason, Goldar and King Sphinx present a threat you and the others have never faced before. There is a higher power each of you can summon. To control it, you must summon strength thru the Power. With that strength, you can combat this threat,†Zordon communicates thru an open comm. link.

Angel Grove Park.

Goldar and King Sphinx prepare their weapons for attack as they move in. Red Ranger stands in a meditative pose; palms together, with his coin in between them.

Particles of black, pink, blue, and yellow energy swarm the parking lot.

“It’s happening. I can feel them, thru the Morphin Grid. Thru the Power. They feel me reaching out to them. I can feel them reaching out to me ,too," Red Ranger says, his eyes closed beneath his helmet as his head remains lowered.

Red Ranger is struck again with the image of the tumultuous ocean. It begins to calm.

Jason stands up and clenches his fists as he stares up into the sky. “I can feel it. In the heavens. Something…… Give me strength," he whispers into the wind.

Red Ranger opens his eyes beneath his helmet as he moves his palms apart. As they do, red Morphin energy generates from his coin, forming a crystal.

The swarming particles of energy in the parking lot comes together in a burst of black, pink, blue, and yellow energy, from which Zack, Kim, Billy, and Trini come running.

Red Ranger looks past the massive legs of the monsters approaching him to see his friends charging behind them. Their morphers are worn over one hand, their power coins in the other. The 4 Rangers slap their coins into their morphers and hold them out before them. They press the triggers and, in a burst of their respective colors, become the Mighty Morphin Power Ranger.

Red Ranger holds his crystal high in the air. “I summon the power of the Tyrannosaurusâ€.

Goldar and King Sphinx stop as they look up to see the sky above them resonate with an intense red light.

Red Ranger reaches up to the sky. “Tyrannosaurus Dinozord Power!,†From the clouds, jumps down a colossal machinated giant. It is the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord. Red Ranger leaps into the air to board it.

“Mastodon Dinozord Power," Zack calls out. Kim does the same.
“Pterodactyl Dinozord Power," Billy follows Zack and Kim’s lead.
“Triceratops Dinozord Power,â€
“Saber-Tooth Tiger Dinozord Power," Trini shouts.

The 4 Rangers leap into the air as 4 more machinated giants enter the scene. Black Ranger lands in the cockpit of the Mastodon Dinozord. The Pterodactyl Dinozord swoops in as Pink Ranger lands inside. Blue Ranger lands in the cockpit of the Triceratops Dinozord, and Yellow Ranger does the same, landing inside the Saber-Tooth Tiger Dinozord.

“Tyrannosaurus, power up!," Red Ranger connects his Power Crystal into the console in the cockpit of the Dinozord. “Rangers, put your hands together and summon your Power Crystal’s, using your coins!â€

The 4 Rangers pull out their coins and hold them between their palms, concentrate, then bring their hands apart, summoning their Power Crystals.

“2-1, Power up!," the 4 teens shout as they connect their Power Crystals to the consoles in their Zord’s cockpits.

“Jason here. You guys on-line?â€
“Zack here. Mastodon Dinozord on-line. This is kickin‘!â€
“Billy here. Triceratops’ systems nominalâ€
“Trini here. Saber-Tooth Tiger, on-lineâ€
“Kim here. Nice stereo!,"

Rita’s Moon Palace.

“No! They’ve linked with the Dinozord’s! Goldar, Sphinx, destroy their Zord’s! That’s an order!," Rita shouts as her wand appears in her hands.

Angel Grove Park.

The Pterodactyl glides in thru the sky, performing in accordance with Pink Ranger’s utilization of the control console.

“Twice the size, and twice as ugly. Goldar, you and your play pal may think your tough because you’re over twice the size, but when it comes down to it, you’re nothing but a bigger target. Activating Ptera Blasts…now!," Pink Ranger activates her Zord’s weapons array, and from the shoulders of the Pterodactyl, she releases streams of blue electrical powers. The blasts hit Goldar and the Sphinx in a burst of sparks.

“I’m going to fillet these Rangers!," Goldar curses.

“We’ll use another combined weapon blast," King Sphinx says.

“Not so fast. You boys have caused enough problems. Time for you to chill!," Black Ranger types into his console, causing the Mastodon to raise its trunk and release jets of ice mist that freeze the monsters legs in place.

“Nice shooting, Zack. Now allow me to deal with this menace. Firing Tricera-Hooks!," Blue Ranger shouts.

The 2 silver horns atop the head of the Triceratops tank Dinozord fire off, chains trailing behind them. The grappling hooks hit their marks, winding tightly around the monster’s weapons.

“Raising Tail Cannon," Blue Ranger lifts a handle on his console, as the tail of the Triceratops lifts from it’s back. “Firing Tail Spark Cannon…now!,"

“Right, Billy! I’m with ya’!," Yellow Ranger activates the tail blaster on her Saber-Tooth Tiger Zord. It’s tail lifts into position. “Tiger Beam, now!â€

From the 2 barrels of the Triceratops tail stream a volley of explosive spark blasts, as the Saber-Tooth Tiger Zord unleashes a rush of energy. The two attacks strike Goldar and King Sphinx in a harsh shower of sparks, releasing them from their ice traps. The 2 monsters stumble backwards before they are hit in the back by a pair of metallic arms. The monsters turn to find themselves facing the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord.

“You should’ve have known better than to come here looking for trouble!," Red Ranger shouts from the cockpit of his Zord. The Tyrannosaurus spins, lashing out with its tail, striking the 2 monsters across the chests. The monsters tumble to the side across the larger grassy landscape of the west end of Angel Grove Park.

“Rangers," Zordon’s voice comes in over the consoles in their Zord’s cockpits. “Just as your powers have the capacity to unite, so do your Zord’s. Bring them together, and you will unite to form a higher powerâ€

“Awesome!," Black Ranger exclaims.

“Let’s do it!," Pink Ranger encourages.

“Megazord Attack-Tank Mode formation sequence activated," Red Ranger announces as he types into his console.

“Attack-Tank Mode has been initiated," the computer states.

The Triceratops and Saber-Tooth Tiger’s tail lower into their bodies as the 2 Zord’s roll backwards toward the Tyrannosaurus, which kneels down for it’s knees to lock into the back ends of the 2 Zord’s.

“This is amazing! We seem to know how to operate these things," Yellow Ranger exclaims.

“Affirmative! Thru our powers, it’s like second nature to us," Blue Ranger notes.

“Keep your eyes on the Zack-man! I’m heading in all kinds of directions," Black Rangers says as the Mastodon comes apart, its legs unraveling from within the Zord’s body as the head separates.

The Mastodon locks in around the back of the Tyrannosaurus, extending its legs forward, adorned at the ends with cannon’s. The Pterodactyl lands behind the Tyrannosaurus, standing atop the Mastodon Zord, whose head locks into the chest of the Tyrannosaurus.

“Megazord, Attack-Tank Mode engaged," the machine’s computer voice declares.

“Hit ‘em together!," King Sphinx shouts. He crosses his weapon with Goldar’s sword, releasing a massive energy blast at the Attack Tank. The blast hits the Mastodon face with a huge burst of sparks, rocking the Tank.

“Ha! Mastodon shield’s strength still holding," Black Ranger says proudly after looking over the computer console in front of him.

“Structural integrity down 4%. It appears the Mammoth Shield took a good portion of the blast," Blue Ranger notes.

“All right, we’ve got to end this. Let’s try giving him a taste of Morphin power," Red Ranger says.

“Interesting idea, Jason. We can transmit energy from our Power Crystal’s and redistribute it thru our united Zords," Blue Ranger notes.

“Let’s do it!," Red Ranger orders.

“Right!," Blue and Yellow Ranger raise a fist in compliance.

“Morphin!," Pink and Black Ranger nod in affirmation. The 5 Rangers reach to their consoles and fire. The Rangers respective energies fire from the eyes of each of their Zord’s and strike the charging King Sphinx and Goldar with a shower of sparks, pushing them back as King Sphinx drops his staff.

The giant staff falls toward the ground. Upon impact, it smashes thru trees and cracks the ground beneath it.

“Let’s finish this! Activating Megazord Battle-Mode!," Red Ranger shouts.

“Megazord sequence has been initiated," the computer states. The Pterodactyl flies off as the Mastodon head lifts away and the Tyrannosaurus stands up on the Triceratops and Saber-Tooth Tiger whose heads lift to form feet.

The Mastodon’s stretched out legs roll back, becoming replaced by fists. The chest of the Tyrannosaurus opens, as it’s face lowers into the open chest. The chest piece rises back to position as the Pterodactyl swoops in. It turns, folds it’s wings in, and locks over the chest as the remaining head of the Megazord opens up.

“Megazord Battle-Mode engaged," the computer says.

“No matter!," King Sphinx shouts as he picks up his staff.

“We’ll peel you apart!," Goldar curses. King Sphinx and Goldar leap into the air and fire blasts from each of their weapons. The energies hit the Megazord in the chest with a burst of sparks.

“Hey, watch the paint job!," Pink Ranger yells. The 2 monsters come down at the Megazord, bringing their weapons in at it.

“Mammoth Shield!," Black Ranger engages the shield. The head of his Zord appears in the Megazord’s hand as he raises it, blocking the 2 weapons. “Chew on this!," Black Ranger hits more buttons and the Mammoth Shield releases green optic blasts that knock the monster’s weapons into the air.

Goldar and King Sphinx jump up and catch their weapons, then turn in mid-air, crossing their weapons at the Megazord.

Before they can fire, Red Ranger takes action. “Power Sword Summon!"

Much like the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord did itself, the Megazord’s sword drops down from the clouds above. The giant sword slashes the 2 monsters as it drops down, knocking them out of the air in a shower of sparks. The Power Sword stabs into the ground and the Megazord pulls it loose as the 2 monsters rise to their feet. The Megazord lashes out with its sword, cutting across the temple of King Sphinx as sparks blast out from his eye.

Goldar strikes vertically toward the Megazord who blocks with its sword in a horizontal position. The Megazord lifts its right leg into Goldar’s stomach. The upturned teeth of the Saber-Tooth Tiger hit Goldar, throwing a shower of sparks as a result of the kick.

“Cranial Blast, now!," Red Ranger shouts.

“Right!," the other 4 Rangers comply.

The Megazord releases a flow of electrical energy from the zenith of its head, knocking Goldar to the ground.

“We’re gonna have to do this one at a time. You’re up, ugly!," Red Ranger shouts as the Megazord turns to face King Sphinx.

“No!," King Sphinx yells. The Megazord’s eyes glow as it lifts its sword high into the air. Intense heat emanates from the blade as it glows.

“You’ve had it!," Jason cries out.

The Ranger’s maneuver their arms, signaling the destruction of the monster as the Megazord brings the energized blade down, cutting thru the Sphinx and igniting it with the accumulated energy. Power bleeds out into the air as the dying Sphinx falls back onto the ground. The Power detonates the monsters body; simultaneously eradicating it’s threat.

“All right! We did it!," Pink Ranger shouts with excitement.

“Now, it’s your turn," Red Ranger pilots the Megazord as it turns to face Goldar.

“Another time, Rangers!," Goldar lifts his sword into the air and disappears in an eruption of flames.

“Oh no. Goldar got away," Yellow Ranger remarks.

“This time," Red Ranger replies.

Rita’s Moon Palace.

“You call yourself a warrior?!," Rita shouts angrily at Goldar who is down on one knee before her. “We had the Red Ranger in our grasps and you let him get away!â€

“His friends reappeared out of nowhere. It was Finster’s monster that fail--," Goldar is stopped when he is struck on the head by Rita’s wand.

“Finster! I want to talk to you! NOW!," Rita heads for Finster’s Workshop.

Angel Grove High School
The Track.

Zack and Jason run around the track as Billy stands at a certain point, monitoring with a stopwatch. Kimberly watches from a seat in the empty bleachers. Trini walks up toward the top of the bleachers to join her.

“Hey Kim," Trini takes a seat beside her friend.

“Hiâ€.

“What are you doing up here by yourself?," Trini asks.

“I want to be here to support Jason. But I’m just keeping a safe distance," Kim replies.

“Is that what you feel like the best thing to do is?," Trini asks.

“Kind of. Yeah. There’s that whole…‘issue’ Jason and I are having. It might not be there if we just settle for being friends. The last time I tried to deal with our ‘issue’ it only made everything I was afraid of happening actually happen. That hurt too much. And when I think about whether it hurt Jason too, it hurts even more. If letting go of everything else to keep our friendship is the only thing I can have, then I’ll have to settle for it," Kim answers.

“I’m not going to push any issues. I just want to see you, the both of you, happy," Trini says.

“Yeah. I do to," Kim says rather blankly, as though her mind is elsewhere. It is.

“Are you cold?," Jason asked.

“A little. Yeah," Kim answered.

Jason…wraps his black sweater around Kim’s shoulders.


Kimberly watches Jason and Zack run around the track. Her own mind races as well. The images come per force as she lets them play. Lets them flow out savory; almost a sugary confection. As she feared, though, it all just falls away.

“No, Kim. I do care. Not caring, that’s your department. I remember what I said Kim. I also remember what you said, too. You said that if you didn’t do something, if you didn’t act, you’d lose everything. You said you weren’t willing to lose someone you love. You said you were willing to stand up against your fears. If you have any care in your heart for me you wouldn’t let me stand here alone. And if you meant what you said back then, you wouldn’t be afraid be with me now. To stand with me now. No matter what side of the line I stand onâ€

“Kim. Kimberly?," Trini manages to receive Kim’s attention once more. “No matter what happens, you know you and he will always be friends, right?â€

Jason sits in a dark red Hummer and honks the horn. “Let’s get this show on the road, boys and girls".

Kim is surprised to see Jason outside of class. She looks to Trini.

“Remember what we talked about?," Trini asks. “Friends".

Kim nods. “Best of friends".


Kim returns to the somber, real world. She sighs. “Best of friendsâ€.

THE END
 
PROMO- Episode 8

COMING SOON: Episode 8- "PEACE, LOVE AND WOE"

The Ranger teens volunteer in the construction of Emergency Shelter's designed to protect the public in the event of future attacks, and make a new friend who seems to be showing an interest in Billy. Meanwhile, Jason takes steps toward making reparations with the team he's been distancing himself from lately, with more focused attempts at reconciliation with Kimberly. Also, Lokar's crystal gains an awareness of the arrival of a new power source and a foe who brings with them a storm of destruction and an ability to turn Mother Nature herself against the Ranger teens. At the same time, romance is in the air for Trini, but is it a fair pursuit for one who must dedicate herself to the safety of many, rather than the desires of one? Will the Power Rangers be able to take out Rita's latest monster as a team of 5? Could just one Power Ranger find the strength to save the his friends and the entire planet which seems to be falling apart? Does the world stand a chance of survival against the elements? Will the 1st human life fall to Rita's wrath? Find out in the next installment of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation.
 
Episode 8: "Peace, Love and Woe"

PEACE, LOVE AND WOE

Angel Grove.

The doors to Jason’s dark red Hummer hangs open, as Jason, Zack, Billy and Kimberly sit thru-out it drinking water from bottles.

“Man, we sure got a lot of work done today," Zack comments.

“Yeah. The shelter’s really coming along. But we still got a lot of work to get done in the coming months to finish building the others around the city," Jason replies.

“Yeah, I know. But with all the volunteers and businesses donating so much of their time and money, they should be complete in no time," Kim says.

Jason makes eye contact with Kim who is caught off guard by his attention. Jason smiles to break the tension and for the first time in what seems like forever, Kim feels like things are getting back to normal between them. She returns the favor with a smile.

“Well, let’s grab Trini and we can celebrate a hard days work at the Juice Bar," Jason says.

“Hey guys," Trini approaches, accompanied by a girl whose body language suggests she’s a bit uncomfortable. “This is one of the volunteers from Stone Canyon High. Marge, that’s Jason, Zack, Kimberly and Billyâ€.

Billy is taken by the girl whose shy demeanor is reminiscent of his own.

“Hi, Marge, it’s nice to meet you," Kim greets. “Thanks for coming out to volunteer. We don’t get much out-of-town visitors these daysâ€.

“I am happy to participate. I have felt a deep sympathy for the people of Angel Grove since these perplexing attacks have focused more and more on this city," Marge replies. She turns and makes a shy approach toward Billy.

“I just wanted to commend you for your composite design evaluations for the shelter’s structural specifications. I must confess that I was rather intrigued by the analytical expertise you exhibited," Marge says sheepishly.

“Wow. Well said. I thank you for your commendations, but my knowledge in the field of architecture is actually rather limited. My interests lie more within the realm of polytechnics. Mostly as a hobby," Billy says in his own brand of sheepishness.

“Fascinating. I, too, pursue the sciences for recreational purposes," Marge says in a more excited tone.

The 4 other Rangers look amongst each other with smiles.

“You know, Billy, perhaps some time in the near future we can discuss some of our scientific pursuits?," Marge asks coyly.

“That would be great. Actually, we’re headed to Ernie’s Juice Bar for a short while. If you’d like, you could accompany us," Billy offers.

Marge looks a little disappointed. “That sounds like an exquisite plan, however, I’m afraid I’m a little behind on studying for my Advanced Physics class. But, perhaps we can get together at a predetermined time and date?"

“Does anybody have any paper on them?," Kim asks. “Oh, by George, wouldn‘t you know it? It just so happens I have a pen right here," Kim hands the pen to Marge. “Maybe you should give him your phone number and he can give you call for a, uh, predetermined rendezvous.â€

“Oh, um, thank you, Kimberly," Marge looks over the pen. “Um, Billy, if you don’t mind…," Marge takes Billy’s hand and writes her phone number on it.

“Great!," Kim squeals as Marge hands her back her pen.

“It was nice to meet you Marge," Billy says shyly.

“Oh, the pleasure was all mine. It was nice to meet all of you. Goodbye everyone. Bye, Billyâ€.

“Bye, Marge," Billy says.

“Bye Marge!," Zack, Trini, Jason and Kim exclaim simultaneously, waving there hands rather elaborately. Billy turns to his friends with a look of frustration. Marge waves, somewhat confused, as she walks off.

“You are so cute," Kim tells Billy with a smile as she hooks her arm around one of his. “So is she. She’s cute, right?," Kim asks as she turns to Zack.

“Yeah. She’s definitely a looker," Zack says as he walks over and pats Billy on the back.

“Marge seems really nice. Pretty, too, don’t you think?," Trini asks Billy.

“That would be an accurate observation, Trini," Billy responds coyly.

Kim and Trini smile at each other.

“Come on, guys. We should get going," Jason says. Kim walks with Billy to the car. The Rangers get in and drive away.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita stands on the balcony, accompanied by Squatt and Baboo, as she peers into her Repulsa-Scope. Her teeth are gritted in frustration.

“Those ridiculous Rangers! I have brought ruins to galaxies for thousands of years, and now my power is being opposed by a bunch of sniveling brats! Look at them. Hard at work, slaving away to help in constructing stupid shelters that are supposed to protect humans from my attacks! I’ll show them how pathetic their attempts at protecting people with stupid construct--," Rita’s rant is interrupted by Finster who comes rushing out onto the balcony with Goldar beside him.

“Queen Rita! I must speak with you at once!â€

“What is it, dog boy? Can’t you see I’m in the middle hate-induced fury?!," Rita asks.

“I am sorry, my Queen. But the crystal of Lokar is transmitting a telepathic message. It is a response from the call you had me send out to your loyal associates," Finster informs his mistress.

“Is it from Lokar?," Rita asks.

“No. It is from Madam Woe. She is currently breaking thru the Transdimensional Gateway and will arrive here shortly. She is most eager to exact the revenge you are seeking against Zordon and looks forward to eliminating the nuisance of the Power Rangers as well," Finster responds.

“Yes! Madam Woe is one of my most trusted cohorts. She helped my father to enslave the M-51 Galaxy," Rita says.

“Oh yes, I remember that," Baboo says.

“Me too. Her elemental magic is very powerful," Squatt adds.

“She’ll create natural disasters that will wipe out the city of Angel Grove, leaving nothing but Zordon for me to play with! It will be refreshing to be served by a being that is actually capable of doing some damage!,†Rita exclaims as she peers over at Goldar. “I can’t wait!â€

Angel Grove.
Night.
The Kwan residence.

Trini stands at her window, dressed in a yellow silk nightgown, and reaches to her curtains with her right hand. She peers thru to the night outside, as a heavy hailstorm beats loudly against her window. With her other hand, Trini holds a cordless phone to her ear.

“This is insane. Everything was fine when we were working at the shelter earlier," Trini says into the phone.

“I know. It’s like Mother Nature’s time of the month or something," Kimberly answers from the other end of the phone call. “Anyways, I hope this storm dies down soon. I’m already nervous enough about the tripâ€.

“I’m sure your flight will go well. Everyone at school is already jealous that you’re getting to go to France, Kimâ€.

“I am pretty excited. I always wanted to go. It’s probably so nice I’m not going to want to come backâ€.

“Kim, don’t say that. Every time we talk about the trip you say something to make me more nervous," Trini confesses.

“Calm down, Smart Girl. I’m just playing around. It’s only for a couple days. It’s been a while since my Mom has been able to see her boyfriend. It was pretty nice of him to invite the whole family down. Or up, or left, or right, or whateverâ€

Trini laughs. “Yes, just make sure you’re back in time for Zack’s partyâ€.

“Trini, we’ve been planning this for over a month. France doesn’t have enough law enforcement to keep me away," Kim assures her friend.

“I’m going to hold you to that. Anyway, it’s getting pretty late and if I don’t make an attempt to get to sleep now despite this weather, I know I won’t be able to laterâ€.

“Yeah, that’s a good idea," Kim yawns. “I can’t wait for tomorrow to be here. I’m going to grill Billy about Marge like tri-tipâ€.

Trini’s yawn turns into a laugh. “Yes. We’ll have to interrogate him".

“Totally. Good night, Smart Girl".

“Good night, Tiny," Trini puts the phone back in it’s charger and reaches beside it for an odd, troll-like doll. She takes it from the nightstand, and then sinks into her blankets and pillows. “Goodnight, Mr. Ticklesneezerâ€.

Trini closes her eyes and holds tight to the doll in preparation for sleep. She would have been surprised at how easily it came, were she to have remained awake long enough to make the realization.

Angel Grove High School.
Day.

Billy opens his locker and looks around, suspiciously, as he removes his backpack. He pulls a hand-held mirror from it, sets the backpack down, and looks at himself in the mirror as he removes his glasses and plays with his hair.

“Boo!," Kim’s face appears behind Billy in his mirror, startling him as he turns to face her, seeing she is standing with another girl. The other girl is black with shoulder length hair.

Billy is caught off guard. “Kimberly! Angela!,"

Kim sets her pink umbrella down against the lockers and takes his glasses from him, replacing them over his eyes. “Billy, don’t freak out about this. Just be yourselfâ€.

“That’s good advice, Cranston," Angela adds.

Kim, Billy and Angela turn at the sound of laughter as Kim kneels down to pick up her umbrella. Zack approaches, fighting off a particularly vicious fit of laughter.

“Look out! It’s the world’s ugliest umbrella!," Zack teases.

“Oh, you’re a smooth one, Zack-man," Angela says.

“Well hello, fair lady. To what do I owe the pleasure of this opportunity to be in the presence of a lady such as yourself?," Zack asks as he places an arm around Angela’s shoulder.

“Bad timing," Angela retorts as she pushes his arm off her shoulders.

“Oh, that’s cold. Lucky you’ve got Mary Poppins here and her umbrella to keep you out of the cold rain," Zack replies.

“Zack, must you always be so jealous of me and my pretty pink parasol?," Kim asks as she opens her umbrella and rests the handle against her shoulder, as though to boast.

“Yeah, okay girl," Zack says as reaches to steal it, but Kim pulls it back in time and retaliates with a proud smirk. Angela notices Kim and Zack’s playful demeanors and seems somewhat off put and disgruntled by it.

“Didn’t anyone ever tell you it’s bad luck to open one of those in doors?," Jason’s voice grabs the 3 teens attention. They turn to see Trini and Jason approach.

“You mean a can of worms?," Zack mutters.

Kim slaps Zack’s shoulder. “You’re on Zack’s side, aren’t you?," Kim asks as she pokes Jason in the chest with her umbrella. She closes it as Jason turns away and feigns scratching his nose so that he may use his raised hand to hide his flushed red face.

“I better get going before things get a little too out of hand. Listen to Kim, Billy. She’s knows what she’s talking about when it comes to boys," Angela says.

“Bye," Trini says. Angela nods at Trini as she walks away. Zack watches Angela leave and Kim snaps her fingers in front of his face to draw his attention back to the group.

“And what exactly were you talking about?," Trini asks Kim.

“I was in the middle of telling Billy about us girls. Sugar and spice, Billy, that’s what we’re made of. And you won’t be able to read our labels without your glasses," Kim tells her near-sighted friend as she reaches over and adjusts his glasses.

“Billy, man, tell me you called this girl back," Zack implores.

“Affirmative," Billy replies.

“Yes!," Zack shouts happily.

“Way to go, man. The hard part’s over," Jason says with a smile.

“I’m not so certain. Our…’experiences’ as of late have provided me with a boost in my self-esteem. Unfortunately, self-esteem doesn’t ensure the probability that Marge. and I will enjoy each other’s companyâ€

“Billy, this girl’s head over heels for you," Jason says.

“Jason, let’s not get ahead of ourselves," Trini interjects. “He’s right, though, Billy. Marge was badgering me to introduce you guys. And the 2 of you have so much in commonâ€.

“She’s right, Billy-boy," Zack adds. “Be yourself, otherwise she’s gonna feel like she can’t be. If the both of you just be natural, you’ll get to know each other better, and at a good, safe pace. Just focus on being friends. The best kind of relationship anyone can be in is with someone who’s a friend. Someone you really get along withâ€.

Kim can’t help but look over to Jason. The 2 catch each other’s eyes briefly before Kim stares straight down at the ground, and Jason looks up at the ceiling while scratching his head.

“Do you guys have any plans yet?," Trini asks.

“Affirmative. The Angel Grove Observatory has since re-opened after the Power Ranger’s battled their evil doubles there," Billy begins, mindful of the flow of students moving about, and a need for secrecy as he and the other Ranger‘s head into class together. “We’re going to observe some of the science exhibits. She’s also expressed a great interest in paying a visit to my labâ€.

A bell rings, signaling the impending start of class.

“That’s great. Sounds pretty natural to me. Just remember what I said. Friends first," Zack says.

“Friends first," Billy reiterates. The students turn their attention to their short-haired, heavy-set female teacher.

Angel Grove.
A rock quarry.

A tall, black apothecary table stands before a strange female monster. Her skin is pure white, with a white kabuki-like face that is almost featureless, save for a small mouth and large, pupil-less eyes. Her body is draped with white cloths, seeping down into a long skirt. She wears a black armor-like bodess, a tall, dark crown, and a blue gem on her forehead. Long blue hair trails down from behind her, including two long, thick braids.

Atop the table stands a tall mirror, framed by abstract streaks of black with sharp ends. The monster runs her hands over 2 small, smoking pots: one filled with red fluid, and the other with blue. A ring of black flame surrounds the monster and her table. Blue flames network between the circle of black flame in the shape of a blue pentagram. The monster stands in the center.

“Now is the time, this is the hour, mine is the evil, mine is the power. Let the Power of the sun, the wind and sea, gather together and come to me. I, Madam Woe, command the elements. Continue to scour this city with the power I have been given from the dark side of nature itself. Of this world and others. As I will it, so shall it be!," Madam Woe chants.

Rita’s voice booms thru the thundering sky. “Madam Woeâ€.

“Yes, Empress Rita?," the monster asks.

“The time has come. Division has occurred again amongst the Ranger’s. The Blue Ranger is in the vicinity of downtown Angel Grove. At their pitiful excuse for an Observatory," Rita explains. Only her voice bellows in amongst the rain, lightning and thunder.

“You wish me to annihilate the Blue Ranger first?," Madam Woe asks.

“Yes. The masking spell you and I have conjured will not last long. Zordon will be alerted of your presence soon. Your elemental magic works best when you are present in the environment you manipulate. It is why you are on Earth now. Use your powers to rip the Blue Ranger apart first," Rita demands.

“I will do as you command, Empress. I anticipate the arrival of the other Power Rangers. I will perform a scattering--â€

“Don’t bother. You are to focus your powers on the target’s of my choosing. That target is Billy, the Blue Ranger. I will handle keeping the other Ranger’s away. Go now. Before the masking spell endsâ€.

“At once, Empress," Madam Woe bows as she crosses her hands over her chest, palms open and facing her.

Angel Grove Observatory.

The sky is darkened by the storm clouds. Rain pours down onto Billy’s white Volkswagen as it parks in the empty parking lot. The rain splashes the windows of the car unrelentlessly, making them hard to see thru.

“My, the weather here has become much harsher as of late," Marge remarks from the passenger seat.

“Indeed it has. Perhaps it wasn’t such a good idea to go out today," Billy says.

“Oh no. I am elated to be spending this time with you, however, the bad weather conditions are rather unfortunate. It seems as though there could be some kind of abnormal atmospheric conditions responsible," Marge conjectures.

“A rather judicious supposition. Perhaps we may be able to make an analysis with equipment within the observatory," Billy surmises.

“It is plausible," Marge says. “We may be able--â€

Suddenly, a ghost white fist extends thru Billy’s driver side window, throwing shards of glass out into the cabin of the vehicle. Marge screams as Billy grabs her and lowers her head.

“Marge, stay down!," Billy shouts. The fist before him opens and from the fingertips extend long, sharp, blue claws that cut Billy across the face. Billy moves away and pulls the door handle. He kicks the door open, knocking back the attacker: Madam Woe.

“Billy, what is happening?!," Marge sits up as Billy pulls the door closed and starts the car.

“No one escapes Madam Woe!," the monster witch declares as she flies toward the fleeing vehicle.

“Oh my goodness! What do we do?!," Marge asks.

“Hang on. I’ll make sure you are safe. I’m taking you to the shelter. It hasn’t been completed yet, but it should afford enough protection until the Power Rangers arrive," Billy explains.

“But the Power Ranger’s have a rather unconfirmed agenda," Marge says.

“The media’s initial observations of the Power Ranger’s were unreliable. They’re actions have proved that they are a trustworthy entity," Billy affirms.

Bursts of sparks rock Billy’s vehicle. Marge looks back to see Madam Woe move thru the air, her clawed hands directed at the car, summoning a cascade of lightning from the dark clouds as Billy tries to avoid them.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita watches the attack thru the Repulsa-Scope. She holds her wand as the garnet orb set atop it pulsates with a dying glow of red light. Goldar, Finster, Baboo and Squatt accompany her.

“Wonderful! Madam Woe has Billy on the run. It’s only a matter of time until that Power Puppy is nothing but street pizza!," Rita exclaims.

“Empress Rita, your wand!," Baboo points out.

“The masking spell you and the monster witch have conjured is fading. Zordon will soon be made aware of the attack," Goldar notes.

“Billy’s friends will show up in no time!," Squatt whines.

“Oh, no they won’t. I said I’d keep them busy and I will! Finster, send down the Putty Patrol to seek out and seize the other Rangers," Rita orders.

“At once, your evilness," Finster complies.

The Youth Center.
The Main Entrance.

Richie stands at the glass doors looking out at the rain.

“Is the world still out there?," Trini’s voice grabs Richie’s attention.

“Hey, Trini. Amazing, isn’t it? The raw power of Mother Nature at work. There’s just something about it," Richie admires.

“I prefer a clear sky. I like the morning best, though. The air at that time just feels so fresh. I find it exhilarating," Trini’s smile is infectious. Richie finds he is unable to keep from smiling as his eyes meet the exotic pools of color that illuminate Trini’s gaze.

“So, um, I guess you’re stuck here until the rain dies down, huh?," Richie asks.

“I guess so. Maybe the rain isn’t so bad after all," Trini says. Her attention is taken by the appearance of the Putty Patrol as they swarm about in the distance at the far end of the Youth Center’s parking lot.

Richie sees them too. “Oh no. That’s the Putty Patrol. I heard about them on the newsâ€.

“Richie, we’ve got to get everyone in a safe place; out of harm’s way," Trini says.

Richie runs into the Juice Bar.

“Everyone get in back! There’s a group of Putty Patroller’s in the parking lot!," Richie warns.

“You heard him everyone! Let’s go! Follow me!," Ernie orders.

Zack, Kimberly & Jason look to each other as the patron’s head toward the back en mass. The 3 Ranger teens sneak away from the crowd and head for the entrance. They enter the entry hall.

“Guys, over here!," Trini calls her friends attention to the front doors. They join Trini and look to the distance thru the falling rain to see the Putty Patrol jumping around.

“Those guys really know how to sneak a mullet into a good hair day," Kim says.

“We’ve got to get rid of those clods before they head toward the Youth Center," Zack adds.

Jason takes charge. “Let’s get out there and send those guys back to the moonâ€.

Inside the Youth Center…

The patrons and employee’s huddle together in a stock area at the back of the Youth Center.

Richie looks around the crowd. “Trini. Where are you?â€

Outside…

The Putty Patrol turn their attentions to Zack, Kimberly, Trini and Jason as the teens spread out amongst the swarm. Te 4 teens ignore the fact that they’re being drenched by the downpour.

A Putty tries to sweep Zack, who flips over his attacker’s leg, then throws a high side kick which the Putty blocks. It throws a punch that Zack avoids with a rhythmic twist of his torso and then throws a spinning-heel kick that strikes the Putty square in the chest, knocking it back.

Kim blocks a right punch from a Putty, who then grabs her and throws her face first toward a tree. Kim catches herself against the tree as the Putty rushes up behind her. She throws a back kick into its stomach, then strikes out with a backhand across its face.

Trini blocks a Putty’s front kick, then goes into a tornado kick, hitting the Putty across the face. She swings a right knife-hand chop back into the Putty’s throat, then throws a right high kick into it’s head, knocking it down into a puddle.

Jason blocks a Putty’s jump kick then knocks it down with a jump kick of his own. The Putty kips up to it’s feet, but is struck down again by a front kick from Jason, who throws a back kick into another Putty approaching him from behind.

Elsewhere in Angel Grove…

Billy and Marge jump out of Billy’s car and run to the entrance of the shelter.

“The doors are locked," Marge says. She and Billy step away from the doors and lookup into the sky to see Madam Woe soar in from the distance.

“Billy, that monster is coming. I’m afraid. We need to get in the shelter but there’s just no way," Marge panics.

“Not true. A situation analysis will reveal that we still have options left to us," Billy moves back toward the doors of the shelter.

“What are you planning to do? The doors are sturdy and we don’t have the strength--," Marge stops mid-sentence as Billy assumes a karate stance he adopted from Jason’s tutelage.

“Hiya!," Billy thrusts a strong front kick that forces the doors open. Marge stares stunned as Billy turns to her and leads her inside. “There is a reinforced compartment over there leading down into the lower levelsâ€.

“What about you? Billy, this is dangerous," Marge worries.

“There is a phone line set up in the corridor’s in this direction. The wiring hasn’t been fully connected but I think I can manage to establish the link and call for help," Billy answers.

“Billy, I’m going with you," Marge says.

“No," Billy insists. “I can’t allow that right now. If that monster attacks us like this, we’re both done for. Our chances of survival will be greatly increased with you protected in the lower levels while I alert the authorities that the 2 of us are in need of assistanceâ€.

“That seems logical," Marge realizes.

“Thank you. Now, please, hurry," Billy tells her.

“Okay, Billy. And Billy…,"

“Yes, Marge?â€

“Thank you," Marge hugs Billy. He is taken aback by this personal display of gratitude. The 2 separate and Marge runs off.

Billy runs outside to the top of the shelter‘s steps. He looks around the rain filled skies for the monster witch, but she is nowhere in sight.

Billy activates his communicator. “Zordon, come in. Do you read me?â€

“Yes, William," Zordon responds.

“A monster has appeared in Angel Grove. I’m afraid it may have gone to attack Jas--," a shower of sparks explodes around Billy, tossing him down the steps.

“William, are you there?," Zordon asks over the communicator as Madam Woe hovers down to the ground before Billy.

“Zordon, I’ve located the monster. Or more rightly, the monster has located me," Billy responds.

“Monster? You may call me Madam Woe," she says.

“Zordon, please alert the Ranger’s to my location. I am at the 1st emergency shelter site and am engaging the monster now," Billy says.

“Acknowledged. Alpha will contact the Ranger’s now. Take care, Blue Ranger. And let the Power protect you," Zordon replies.

“I shall," Billy takes his finger from his communicator. “It’s Morphin’ Timeâ€

Madam Woe aims a clawed hand toward Billy, discharging blue lasers that burst around him.

“Triceratops!â€

Blue Ranger rolls thru a shower of sparks then rises to his feet and leaps over the steps, toward the monster. Madam Woe laughs as her two thick braids shoot out thru the air and wrap around Blue Ranger’s neck. She pulls him out of the air, throwing him over her head. He hit’s the ground, landing in a puddle.

“You are at the end of your rope, Ranger," Madam Woe says. “Or more rightly, at the end of mine!â€

The Youth Center Parking Lot.

Jason ducks a Putty’s high kick and shoots an elbow forward into it’s stomach. The Putty hunches forward in pain and Jason capitalizes with a rising uppercut to the head that knocks the Putty backward, sending him skidding across the wet pavement.

Jason’s communicator sounds off. “Jason hereâ€.

“Ay Yi Yi, Jason. Billy is under attack by a monster witch sent down by Rita," Alpha begins to inform Jason, who performs a tornado kick, flooring a charging Putty. “He and a friend are at the site of the 1st Emergency Shelter, but I am afraid it may not be able to protect them long enoughâ€.

“We got a problem here, too, Alpha," Jason informs the robot.

“Ay Yi Yi. I’m pulling up your location on the Viewing Globe. Oh no, we weren’t alerted to the presence of the Putty Patrol," Alpha says.

“That’s probably Rita’s doing. We’ll squash these guys and head to the Shelter then, Alpha," Jason says.

“I will inform Billy. Just be careful," Alpha tells his human friend.

Two back handsprings and a back flip carry Kim away from 2 attacking Putties. Kim jumps up out of the layout and throws her legs out in a split kick, striking the 2 Putties in the face before. She lands. The Putties fall onto their backs as Kim performs a half twist, landing in between the 2 fallen Putties as she drops to one knee and brings karate chops down on their throats. She then back handspring’s away.

Trini spins to the left of a Putty’ punch and throws an outer-crescent kick, striking it in the back of the head. The Putty pitches forward and Trini spins back in other direction, throwing another outer-crescent kick but with her other leg. The kick strikes the Putty in the face, slamming it onto the wet concrete.

A Putty hits Zack in stomach with it’s sphere-shaped hand. It rears it’s arm back and throws another punch. Zack performs a back flip, kicking the Putty’s arm up. Zack lands and strikes the Putty in the chest with a right punch, then throws a right uppercut that floors his assailant.

The Rangers move slowly back to back, holding fight stances as the wet parking lot and surrounding lawn is scattered by fallen Putties. The Putties disappear.

“Guys, we got to get to Billy. He and Marge are under attack at one of the shelter sites," Jason informs his team. “Let’s teleport outâ€

“But construction isn’t even complete on any of the shelters,†Zack observes.

“We’ve got to get to Billy before Rita does,†Trini worries.

“Prepare to teleport,†Jason orders.

“Right," the team responds in unison with a head nod. They activate the teleportation sequence with their communicator’s and streak off into the rain filled skies.

Inside the Youth Center…

“Ernie, we’ve got to lock the doors to the Youth Center," Richie says.

“Right. Stay here and keep an eye on everyone. I’ll do it," Ernie pulls out his keys.

“No! I mean, that’s okay. I can do it," Richie says as he takes Ernie’s keys. “I’ll be backâ€.

“Richie, no. I’ll go. It’s too dangerous," Ernie tries to tell Richie but he has already run off thru the huddled crowd.

Richie makes it to the front doors of the Youth Center and looks out the glass doors to see the parking lot. Only rain occupies it. Richie opens the doors and runs outside.

“Trini?! Trini?!," he calls out, but no one is around to hear his calls.

Elsewhere in Angel Grove…

A shower of sparks throws Blue Ranger across the wet ground outside of the Emergency Shelter site. Madam Woe floats down before him.

“Your powers manifest themselves as a blue uniform meant to protect you. But when I’m done with you, you’ll be black and blue underneath the uniform as well," Madam Woe says as she approaches the Ranger.

Blue Ranger lunges forward with a punch that Madam Woe side steps, then rakes her long claws across his chest in a burst of sparks, knocking him down. She reaches down and lifts Blue Ranger into the air by the neck.

“Put him down, witch!," Jason’s command is powerful, reaching the thru the rain to call the monster witch’s attention. She turns, Blue Ranger in hand, to see Zack, Kim, Trini and Jason march toward her, side-by-side, thru the falling rain.

“As you wish," Madam Woe throws Blue Ranger, sending him rolling across the ground. Madam Woe turns and marches toward the 4 unmorphed Rangers, as they continue to march toward her with equal intent.

Madam Woe breaks into a sprint, and the Rangers follow her lead. The 2 sides rush toward each other.

Madam Woe leaps off her feet and sails low thru the air at the teens. A pair of full-twists carry Zack and Kim over the flying witch, but Jason and Trini aren’t so lucky. The monster catches them by the necks and drags them away, off of the ground as she turns in the air to face Zack and Kim who land and assume fight poses.

“Put them down!," Zack insists.

“You want them, come and get them!," Madam Woe challenges as Trini and Jason hang in the air by their throats, gasping for air.

Zack and Kim charge forward at the witch. She laughs at the 2 and throws Jason and Trini at them. Jason and Trini crash into Zack and Kim, respectively. The teens lie on the ground, fighting the pain in a failed attempt to rise to their feet.

Blue Ranger lies on the wet ground, almost paralyzed by the pain from Madam Woe’s attacks.

“Well, you’ve got what you wanted, Rangers. Now it’s my turn!," Madam Woe touches the gem on her forehead, causing it to glow blue. Suddenly, a distortion field expands outward from it, moving across the ground around the witch until the 4 fallen, unmorphed Ranger’s are consumed by it as well.

The distortion field fills with blue light, which suddenly dissipates, leaving neither Madam Woe, nor the 4 unmorphed Rangers.

Madam Woe’s Dimension.

A blue flash occurs and the 4 unmorphed teens find themselves on gray ground that is covered in ash and cinders. Beside them sits an eerie blue lake, riddled with fog and floating corpses.

“Where are we?," Kim asks.

“Look!," Zack points to the foggy lake as bubbles rise from it.

“What is that?’ Trini asks.

“It’s headed this way," Jason points out.

The bubbling moves thru water like a shark’s fin.

“Get ready guys! It’s Morphin’ Time!," Jason shouts.

The Ranger’s reveal their Morpher’s as the bubbling explodes in the water and Madam Woe flies from the blast, toward the teens.

“Mastodo--," Zack and his team are knocked down by Madam Woe before they can initiate the morph.

Madam Woe kicks off of a rock face behind them and flies back in their direction. Zack and Jason throw spinning-heel kicks toward the charging witch but she disappears from the air before the strikes can connect.

“Now where’d she go?," Kim asks. The ground starts to shake and the Rangers fall.

“You are in my dimension now, humans!," Madam Woe’s voice rings out in the air.

“Another monster dimension? What’s with these guys?," Zack asks as the ground continues to quake.

“C’mon!,†Jason shouts. “Let’s do it now, while we can! It’s Morphin’ Time!â€

“Mastodonâ€
“Pterodactylâ€
“Saber-Tooth Tigerâ€
“Tyrannosaurusâ€

The quake dies down as the Ranger’s watch their surroundings settle.

“Guess that did it," Black Ranger surmises.

Suddenly, the ground quakes again as 5 huge, long, sharp blue crystal-like claws rise up from ground, striking the Ranger’s down in a burst of sparks. The claws retract into the ash-covered ground as laughter fills the air.

“Guess not," Black Ranger says as he and his teammates lift their smoking bodies from the ground.

Madam Woe floats down over the lake. “You are stuck here forever, Rangers. Or at least until I’m done slicing and dicing your Blue companion. Then I’ll pull you out one-by-one and bleed each of you dry. You don’t have the power to contend with me alone. And you will all find out what happens when you try," she laughs as she drops into the lake, disappearing into the depths.

Angel Grove.

Blue Ranger runs toward the shelter to check on Marge when Madam Woe appears in his path in a flash of blue lights.

“And what do you think you’re doing, Ranger?," Madam Woe asks.

“Whatever it takes to dethrone you, witch," Blue Ranger assumes a fighting stance.

“One lone Ranger cannot contend with my power!," Madam Woe points at Blue Ranger as she breathes a jet of fog in his direction, knocking him back in a shower of sparks.

Blue Ranger rolls across the ground and rises to his feet immediately. “Power Lance!," Blue Ranger draws his Lance and leaps toward the monster. Madam Woe laughs, disappearing as Blue ranger strikes toward her.

Madam Woe appears some distance behind Blue Ranger, her laughter continuing to ridicule him with every breath. Blue Ranger turns and charges, lashing at her with his Lance again. Again she disappears, reappearing some distance behind him.

“Jason," Blue Ranger activates his communicator. “Jason, Trini, do you read me? Kimberly, Zack, I‘m in trouble here. I don‘t think I can defeat Madam Woe without you guy--," Blue Ranger is struck down by a blast of blue lasers, striking his chest.

“Do you think I lied to you, little Ranger?," Madam Woe asks. As she approaches the fallen Ranger.

“I make it a point not to put much faith behind Rita and her evil minions," Blue Ranger says.

“You are as foolish as you are weak, Ranger," Madam Woe reaches down and grabs the Power Lance. Blue Ranger rises to his feet and struggles with her for possession of the weapon.

“William, come in," Zordon’s voice feeds thru to Billy over his communicator. “Madam Woe is a powerful opponent. We have been unsuccessful in or attempts to contact the others. It is up to you now. Thru the Power, you can reach out to your friends, just as Jason did once before with you. Call out to them. As a team, you can link your powers. Any one of you can assume the power of the teamâ€.

“Understood," Blue Ranger lifts a knee into Madam Woe’s stomach. She releases the Lance and slashes Blue Ranger down with her claws. His Lance falls at his side. Blue Ranger rises to one knee and draws his Flame Blaster with one hand, while placing his other hand beside the Morpher on his belt.

“This is where you die, Blue Ranger," Madam Woe threatens.

“That is a rather bold statement for one who stands on your end of this weapon," Blue Ranger quips.

“Perhaps your lovely friend inside this building will be more cooperative at the time of her demise. Maybe I’ll start with her instead!," Madam Woe rises into the air and floats toward the steps of the shelter.

“Freeze, witch!," Blue Ranger fires his Flame Blaster, shooting Madam Woe in the back. She falls thru the burst of sparks, landing on the on the steps of the shelter.

Blue Ranger holsters his blaster. He focuses and the coin in his morpher glows blue. “Rangers. I need you with meâ€.

Madam Woe’s Dimension.

Black Ranger picks up a rock and throws it into the lake. It sinks into the blue water that is smeared with the blood of the corpses that float about.

Yellow Ranger manipulates the communicator on her left wrist. “I’ve tried modulating the frequency emitter but I can’t get a signal thru--Wait!," Yellow Ranger stands up as the coin in her morpher glows yellow.

The other Rangers look to their Morpher’s as their coins glow in their signature colors.

“Do you feel that?," Red Ranger asks.

“It’s-it’s just like in the attack by King Sphinx. I can feel it. It’s Billy, he needs us," Kim says.

“We can’t be there with him. But we can be there for him. Let’s do it. We’ll call on our powers and combine them. Link them thru to Billy’s. Now!," Red ranger and his team pull their glowing coins from their morpher’s. They lift them to the air.

The coins surge with energy as a pillar of light appears over the Rangers.

“Mastodon-Power!â€
“Ptera-Power!â€
“Tiger-Power!â€
“Tyranno-Power! Morph to the power of--â€

Angel Grove.

“--one! Tricera-Power!," A multi-colored beam of light shines down on the Blue ranger as he holds is coin high in the air. The pulse of collected power from the other ranger’s shoots down thru the column of light and into Blue Ranger’s coin.

Blue Ranger replaces the coin in his morpher, but instead of just a Triceratops symbol on it, it is marked with all 5 of the Ranger’s protector beast’s symbols.

“Power Rangers!," Blue Ranger shouts as he poses. “Their skill. Their powers. Their spirits. I share them all now. It’s over, witch!," The column of light flashes away as Blue Ranger runs out of it and leaps into the air toward Madam Woe.

“Haven’t you learned your lesson?," Madam Woe rises into the air. “You are weak and alone. Kneel to me and give me your blood!," She points her hands at Blue Ranger and launches her 2 thick braids at him.

“Power Axe!," Blue Ranger draws the Black Ranger’s Weapon of Legend. He converts it into a cannon and fires 3 blasts. Two blasts knock her braids away in a shower of sparks, as the 3rd blast does the same to Madam Woe.

Blue Ranger lands on his feet as Madam Woe crashes to the ground. She immediately rises to her feet. “I will kill you in a way that--!,"

Blue Ranger draws Yellow Ranger’s weapons, interrupting Madam Woe as he cries out “Power Daggers! Tiger Beam!," Blue Ranger crosses the blades of the dagger’s, aimed toward Madam Woe, discharging a yellow blast similar to the one fired to the Saber-Tooth Tiger Zord. Madam Woe is struck back down against the steps of the shelter in a shower of sparks.

“You…cannot…defeat…Madam Woe!," the monster witch struggles. She disappears from the scene, leaving Blue Ranger in a state of confusion. Blue Ranger surveys his surrounding, noticing the rains have died down some.

Suddenly, the familiar laughter of the monster witch returns as Madam Woe drops down on top of Blue Ranger, locking arms with him.

“You never stood a chance!," Madam Woe throws a knee into Blue Ranger’s stomach, then drops an elbow onto the back of his helmet. He drops to one knee as Madam Woe again throws a knee up, this time into his face, knocking him back as she spit’s a jet of smoke the detonates sparks from his suit.

Blue Ranger flies backward thru the air until he is caught by a pair of ghost white arms. Blue Ranger manages to turn around in Madam Woe’s powerful grasp. He throws a kick that knocks her back. She lashes toward him with her claws but the attack is stopped almost as fast as Blue Ranger is able to shout “Power Sword!". He blocks the claws with the Sword.

Blue Ranger kicks Madam Woe’s arm away then slashes her across the body horizontally. Madam Woe stumbles backwards as Blue Ranger’s communicator sounds off.

“Billy, come in," Alpha begins. “Zordon and I have picked up the energy signatures of the other Ranger’s upon uniting their powers. They are originating from a dimensional rift located within the gem on Madam Woe’s forehead. Thru the gem she is also able to control the dimensional barrier. Destroy the gem, and your friends will be freedâ€.

“Zordon, you meddling windbag!," Madam Woe shouts.

“Enough! You’re the one who’s reached the end of your rope, witch! Power Bow!," Blue Ranger draws the Pink Ranger’s Weapon of Legend.

“Power of Earth! Terra Quake!," Madam Woe raises her hands to the sky and the ground begins to shake.

Blue Ranger leaps from the shaking ground so as to avoid the negative effect the quake would have on his aim. “Ptera Arrow!," Blue Ranger draws a pink energy arrow and fires. The attack strikes Madam Woe dead in the gem, causing it to fragment in a burst of sparks as the quaking stops.

Madam Woe screams in agony and anger as a distortion field appears before her. The distortion field expands, then fills with blue light. When the light fades, Blue Ranger finds his 4 teammates have returned. Blue Ranger places both hands beside the Morpher on his belt and in a burst of blue light, the coin returns it’s original Triceratops symbol, giving back the power he shared with his team.

“Welcome back," Blue Ranger regroups with his friends.

“Way to go, Billy!," Yellow Ranger pats her friend on the back.

“Nice job!," Kim exclaims.

“This isn’t over!," Madam Woe shouts.

“She’s right. If Rita makes her grow, there is no telling how much this witch’s power will quantify," Blue Ranger says.

“Lightning strike!," Madam Woe summons a lightning bolt that crashes between the group of Rangers who somersault out of the way of the explosion.

Pink Ranger and Black Ranger draw their Power Weapons. Black Ranger fires a blast from his cannon as Pink Ranger snaps off an arrow, both strikes hitting Madam Woe.

“Nice shot guys. She’s distracted. Let’s bring them together!," Jason orders.

“Right!," the team shouts as they pose with their weapons.

“Power Axe!â€
“Power Bow!â€
“Power Daggers!â€
“Power Lance!â€
“Power Sword! Power Blaster!â€

The Rangers assemble around their leader and brace the combined weapon. “FIRE!â€

The Power Blaster fires streaming beams of powerful energy that sear thru the air toward Madam Woe.

“Woe is me!," Madam Wow cries. She raises a hand to the sky, preparing to summon down a bolt of lightning. It’s too late. The Ranger’s weapon blasts hits her, sending her to the ground in an explosion of raw power.

Inside the shelter.

Marge paces in a compartment within the building. The Power Rangers enter the room.

“Oh my! The Power Rangers!," Marge exclaims.

“Don’t worry, ma’am. You’re safe. The threat has been eradicated," Red Ranger assures.

“But what about Billy?â€

“Nothing to worry about. The young man was taken home safely. We’re sending you home, too," Red Ranger activates his communicator. “Engage teleportation sequence nowâ€.

“Teleportation sequence?," Marge is the carried away in a streak of light.

“Thanks, again, Billy. You really saved our butts this time," Red Ranger says.

“Thanks. Now I guess I should get home and figure out what I’m going to tell Marge about what happened here," Blue Ranger replies.

â man. This is one of those times I’m glad I’m not you," Black Ranger jokes.

The Gym and Juice Bar.
Next day.

Trini stands at the bar with Richie, who is working behind it.

“Trini, you scared the heck out of me. One second you were there, and the next you were gone. I thought you got kidnapped or something. Like the Mayor was," Richie says.

“I appreciate your concern, Richie, but I’m fine. I just had to be sure everyone in the area was a safe distance away," Trini responds.

“Well, do me a favor and leave that to the Power Rangers next time," Richie insists. “You nearly gave me a heart attack, I was so worriedâ€.

Trini doesn’t know what to say, but her flushed cheeks say enough.

Marge and Billy sit at a table near the bar. The 1st time Marge met Billy, she seemed to be at a loss for words. Things have changed for the girl since then.

“……a lot of fear up until the Power Rangers arrived. You were right. The Power Rangers were undeserving of the negative judgments placed upon them before. The Red Ranger in particular was very…intriguing. ‘Engage Teleportation sequence now’," Marge becomes lost in admiration.

“Yes. The Power Rangers are very…intriguing," Billy says, a little disillusioned.

“Oh, Billy, I am afraid I must be getting home now. If it is not too much to ask, perhaps you could return me home? My mother prefers for me not to be gone for very long since what happened," Marge asks.

“Of course," Billy slides Marge’s chair back for her as she stands up.

The 2 teens head for the exit.

“Billy, I must thank you again for the way you managed the attack. I am unaware of anyone else who would have responded in the manners that you did; establishing communications so that you could call the Power Rangers. I am forever in indebted to you," Marge throws her arms around Billy and kisses him on the cheek. “Meeting you might just be the greatest thing to have ever happened to meâ€.

“Why, uh, thank you," Billy says coyly. The 2 smile. “Come on. Let’s get you home," Marge and Billy head out into the entry hall.

“Oh, Billy?â€

“Yes, Marge?â€

“I’m not sure how to ask you thisâ€

“Go ahead, Margeâ€

“Do you have--?â€

A girlfriend? No. “Yes, Marge?," Billy asks.

“Do you have……the phone number for the Power Rangers?," Marge asks.

Billy shakes his head in disappointment. “Come on. Let’s get you homeâ€.

THE END
 
PROMO - Episode 9

NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS:Episode 9- "MY LAMB AND MARTYR"

Rita seeks a lethal power source left behind by Madam Woe, while taking advantage of the teams withered numbers when Kimberly is away. Meanwhile, the sacrifice of a loved one forces Trini to make a decision about her future as a Ranger. The team crosses paths with a new group of teens. Can our heroes stop Rita from obtaining this new power source? Will Trini be forced to cause pain, in order to prevent death? Can death really be prevented? Find the answers in the next episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation.
 
Episode 9: "My Lamd And Martyr"

MY LAMB AND MARTYR

Angel Grove.
Night.
The Kwan Residence.

Trini sits at her vanity desk, brushing her hair before a large mirror using one hand, and holding a cordless phone in the other.

“Trini, it is all kinds of amazing over here," Kim says from the other line of the call.

“Well, you’re better than me because flying in a plane falls well outside of my comfort zone," Trini replies.

“Trini, I promise you it would be well worth it. Anyway, I’m a little home sick. I miss you guys,†Kim pouts. “So spill the beans already. Tell me what’s going on back at homeâ€.

“Oh, things have been pretty quiet. Not much activity of the alien sort. It’s been really nice. The 5 of us are going to the Beach Boardwalk in Stone Canyon tomorrow to relaxâ€.

“Um, Trini, I’m countries and oceans away, so if you’re going to the beach in a group of 5, that means you’ve replaced me. Now, let’s see, who could possibly replace me in the eyes of my best friends? I know. It’s Marge," Kim says.

Trini blushes a little thinking about…… “Richie, actuallyâ€.

“Ooooh, Trini has a new boyfriend. I hope you can find something decent to strut around in without my guidanceâ€.

Trini laughs. “I think I’ll manage. Besides, I‘m not trying to strut around for anyoneâ€. Trini yawns.

“Uh-oh, Trini needs her rest. It’s getting late where you are. I’ll let you catch up on your beauty sleep," Kim says.

“Gee, thanksâ€.

“No need to thank me. Just part of my civil duties. Goodni-ight. Oh, say ‘hi’ to the guys for me. Tell them I miss them. Oh, and say goodnight to Mr. Ticklesneezer for me".

“Goodnight," Trini hangs up and places the phone back in the charger. She grabs Mr. Ticklesneezer and climbs into bed. “Kim wishes you a good night, Mr. Ticklesneezer. So do I," Trini yawns and closes her eyes, holding Mr. Ticklesneezer in her arms.

The Moon.
Rita's Palace.

Rita pushes Squatt away from her Repulsa-Scope, then peers into it herself. She is angry and almost seems to growl. "The days and nights have been a lot calmer for you humans since Madam Woe's defeat," Rita complains.

"But the Crystal still remains on Earth, your evil one," Baboo interjects.

"Yeah, I saw it!," Squatt adds.

"I know that, you blueberry-head! But the minute we go down there to get it, Zordon's robot will set the Power Pukes on our behinds!," Rita yells.

"Then I suppose you also noticed the Pink Ranger is not with the group," Baboo assumes. Rita lifts her hand as though to smack the 2 aliens, who hold each other in fear of Rita's wrath.

"Of course I noticed, you bat's butt! But I have 2 things to do here and I need to figure out how to get both done right!"

Baboo and Squatt tip-toe behind Rita, following her as she makes her way into...

Finster's Workshop.

"Finster! Listen up!," Rita's cries summon her monster-maker.

Finster shuffles over to Rita. "How may I help you, Mistress?"

"We need to retrieve that Crystal and that overemotional twit Kimberly is currently out of the picture. If we can get the Ranger's out of the way and get a hold of that Crystal, we can use it to torture Zordon, ha! What I need from you is a monster. Something strong to handle the Power Rangers while we obtain that crystal".

"Acknowledged, my Queen. It just so happens I have finished molding quite a menacing Minotaur using a generous portion of the resin I have left. His brute strength should be more than enough to contend with Zordon's Mighty Morphin Power Ranger's," Finster assures.

"He'd better be, Finster. Otherwise I'm going stick my wand so far up your rear I'm gonna have Squatt use you to mop up the Palace. Now, here's the plan. Finster, I want you to send down that Minotaur to occupy the Ranger's while you Baboo, and you Squatt--"

"Us?," the 2 aliens ask simultaneously as they point to each other.

"Don't make me change my mind! I want you 2 to join Goldar & go down to that rock quarry to retrieve the crystal from Madam Woe's apothecary table. They're down 1 Ranger, but we should consider the fact that those Power brats are annoying enough to try and interfere anyway," Rita orders.

"Oh, yes. Very wise, Empress," Baboo says. "Perhaps some Putties to help distract the Power Puppies?,"

"Perhaps. You 2 blue buffoons get blue buffoon number 3, now! I want to set this plan into motion!," Rita demands.

“Blue buffoon #3?,†Squatt asks.

“I think she means Goldar,†Baboo whispers.

“Get going!,†Rita screeches.

Stone Canyon Beach Boardwalk.

Jason and Billy stand in the sand, moving together thru a kata as Zack finishes installing batteries into a stereo.

"Yeah! All right! And we got music, ladies and gentlemen! Just gotta choose a CD," Zack thumbs thru a book of CD's. "So, Billy-boy, looking good over there. You been working out?â€

“I suppose you could say that,†Billy replies coyly.

“Yeah, well, it's too bad Marge's mom wouldn't let her join us for a day of fun in the sun, huh?,†Zack asks.

"Actually," Billy begins as he continues moving thru the kata alongside Jason. "In light of recent events, the concern being displayed by Marge's mother is understandable".

"Yeah, I guess. Lucky for Trini that Richie's dad is a little more lenient," Zack says as he points to Trini and Richie who walk side-by-side along the water's edge, walking away from the others.

"Kim's a lucky girl. France is a great place," Richie says to Trini.

"You've been there?," Trini asks.

"Once. A couple years ago".

"It must have been beautiful. The stores to shop, the people to meet, the sights to see," Trini says.

"Nah. This is the nicest day we've had in the area since the last attack. And right now, I can't think of any other place on Earth with a better sight to see than the one I'm looking at right now," Richie's comment makes Trini blush, but she manages to match his smile with one of her own.

"Trini!," Jason's voice grabs the attention of both Trini and Richie, who see the Putty Patrol surrounding Zack, Billy and Jason.

"I'm on my way!," Trini responds.

"No! We'll handle these guys!," Jason yells as he fights back against his attackers. "Get Richie to the car and get out of here!"

Jason throws his car keys to Trini who catches them and nods. She turns and grabs Richie by the arm. "Come on. We've got to get out of here".

"Wait! What about them? They--,"

"They can take care of themselves. They have each other. You and I need to get back to the car," Trini points up to Jason's Hummer, parked along the side of a road running along the cliff side above.

Billy is punched across the face by a Putty and is knocked down. The Putty grabs Billy by the shirt and raises his other fist to strike when Billy grabs a handful of sand and throws it into the Putty's eyes. It releases Billy and runs around in blind circles, wiping it's eyes. Billy kips up to his feet and is rather surprised by the display of skill he shows.

A Putty chases Zack, who jumps in a large dug out hole in the sand. The Putty flips onto the hole as Zack flips out, landing beside the mound of sand that once filled the hole. The Putty tries to leap out of the hole but Zack knocks it back in with a tornado kick. He continues with a series of tornado kicks, spinning-heel kicks, and inner- and outer-crescent kicks that crumble the mound of sand into the hole, burying the Putty more and more, despite it's resistance.

A Putty front kicks Jason, sending him rolling over a boogey board. He grabs the board as he rolls over it and holds it up as the Putty strikes with a downward slash of it's bladed arm. The blade lodges in the board and Jason kicks the Putty in the stomach, knocking it back as he kips up to his feet.

Another Putty strikes Jason from behind with a jump kick to the back, sending Jason into a forward somersault. Jason recovers and catches the punch of a Putty in front of him, rolls back, and pulls the Putty into the air, sending it crashing behind him into the Putty that kicked him in the back.

Trini and Richie make it up the rocky, slanted cliff side, and up to the Hummer.

"Get in," Trini orders as she puts the key in the door. Richie looks up to see a blade-armed Putty jump up behind Trini.

"Trini, look out!," Richie runs around to the driver's side where Trini stands a short distance from the Putty who stands a short distance from the edge of the cliff.

Trini turns as the Putty stabs at her with it‘s bladed arm. Richie pushes her to the ground as the tip of the Putty’s bladed arm penetrates his right side. It then withdraws the blade from Richie’s body.

"Richie!," Trini cries out as she scrambles to her feet. Richie throws a right side kick that the Putty blocks, then retaliates with a left side kick to Richie's right hip. Richie falls sideways, hitting his head against the edge of the Hummer's front left side.

"Richie!," Trini kicks the Putty's arm up as it reaches for the unconscious Richie.

Trini grabs the Putty by the neck and shoulder and slams it down into her rising knee, then pulls the Putty down again, this time face-first into the large front tire of Jason's Hummer. She then throws the Putty backward into the air, sending it crashing along the jagged, rocky slope leading from the cliff top down to the beach below where the guys battle the Putties.

"Oh my gosh. Richie," Trini rushes to Richie's side and uses her hands to put pressure on the bleeding wound. "Okay. You're okay to move. Just hang in there".

A red van comes down the road and pulls over at the sight of Trini kneeling beside the fallen teen. Four teens jump out of the van, two white males, a back male and a black female.

“Oh my gosh! What happened?," the black female inquires.

“He’s been stabbed. I need to get him to the hospital?â€

“Are you driving the Hummer?," the black male asks.

“Yes, but I can’t drive and compress his wound at the same time," Trini answers.

“Adam, TJ, help her load him into my van," one of the white males instructs.

“What’s your name?," the black male asks Trini as they lift Richie off the ground.

“Trini. My friend’s name is Richie," Trini answers as she holds fast to Richie’s wound.

The teen’s lie Richie along the center row of seats in the van. Trini sits with Richie’s head over her lap as she holds the wound and the other 4 teens load into the van.

“I’m Aisha, by the way," the black female says as she climbs into the back row of seats beside the black male. “This is TJ".

“Thanks for your help," Trini says as she looks to the backseats at Aisha and TJ. She then looks to the front at the white teen in the passenger seat. “Adam, right?â€

“Yeah. And this is Rocky. Don’t worry. We’re going to get your friend to the hospital," Adam assures. The teens drive off.

Jason bends over as Zack rolls over his back, slamming a kick into a Putty’s face, spinning it 180 degree’s to face Billy who knocks it down with a side kick to the stomach. Jason stands up and blocks a punch from another Putty, and punches it in the face, flooring it.

The fallen Putties litter the sand around the 3 Ranger teens as they assume fight stances. The Putties disappear. The 3 Ranger teens look up to the Hummer that remains parked at the cliff’s edge.

“Where’d Trini and Richie go?," Zack asks.

“Trini‘s a smart girl. She can take care of herself. I‘ll have Alpha keep an eye on her, though," Jason lifts his wrist and reaches to activate his communicator when the sand beneath his feet bursts upward, sending him, Zack and Billy into the air as well. They hit the sand and are sent rolling to the water’s edge.

Rita’s Minotaur monster leaps up from the sands.

“Ow! I landed on my morpher. Uh-oh. We’ve got company," Zack points to the monster.

“It’s a most menacing Minotaur!," Billy exclaims as he and his friends rise to their feet.

The Minotaur breathes short jets of fire from it’s snout.

“Come on, guys. It’s Morphin’ Time!," Jason orders.

“Mastodonâ€
“Triceratopsâ€
“Tyrannosaurusâ€

The Minotaur charges toward the 3 morphed Ranger’s, brandishing a spiked club in one arm and a spiked shield in the other.

“Here he comes!," Black Ranger shouts.

“Flame Blasters up!," Red Ranger orders. The Rangers draw their blasters, switch them to gun mode, then take aim. “Fire!," The Ranger’s shoot a volley of red lasers toward the monster who lifts his shield, deflecting the lasers back at them, knocking them down in a shower of sparks.

“Power Axeâ€
“Mighty Maceâ€
“Power Swordâ€

The 3 Ranger’s charge forward and circle the monster.

Black Ranger swings downward with his Axe. The Minotaur blocks with his shield then knocks Black Ranger away with his club. Blue Ranger swings a Mace, which the Minotaur blocks with his shield. It tries to strike Blue Ranger with it’s club but he blocks with his other Mace as Red Ranger slices the Minotaur down the back with his sword, emitting a burst of sparks.

The Minotaur pushes his shield forward, stabbing Blue Ranger with the spikes that adorn it as the Minotaur swings back with his club, flooring the Red Ranger. Black Ranger leaps thru the air and slashes the Minotaur down the chest with his Axe, then throws a left high kick that is blocked by the monster’s club. He leans in and knocks the Black Ranger backward with the sharp horns that curve out of it’s head.

The 3 Ranger’s regroup as the Minotaur back flips, putting some distance between him and the Ranger’s.

“This guy’s tough," Black Ranger remarks as he raises his Axe. The Minotaur charges forward.

“Affirmative. We need Kim and Trini to form the Power Blaster," Blue Ranger adds. The 3 Ranger’s brace for impact just as an arrow shoots thru the air, striking the Minotaur in the side of the face, knocking him to the side.

“Avon calling!," Pink Ranger flips onto the scene, joining her friends.

Red Ranger turns to her. “Kim, you’re here!â€

“Yeah, but with bad news. Richie was hurt in the attack by the Putty Patrol and Trini and some civilians are taking him to a hospital nearby," Pink Ranger says.

The Minotaur rises to his feet and kicks his hooves back, preparing to charge, as Red Ranger’s communicator sounds off.

“This is Jason. Go ahead," Red Ranger answers.

“Ay Yi Yi, Jason! The scanners have picked up Goldar’s presence in a rock quarry back in Angel Grove!," Alpha says.

“He’s definitely up to something. Alpha, download the coordinates to Zack and Kim’s communicators. Zack, you go with Kim to the quarry and find out what Goldar’s up to. Billy and I will deal with the Minotaur until Trini arrives," Red Ranger orders.

“Right!," Black Ranger nods and he and Pink Ranger teleport away.

“Billy, are you ready?," Red Ranger asks.

“And willing!," Blue Ranger responds as he slams the ends of his Mace’s together to form the Power Lance.

Angel Grove.
The rock quarry.

Black and pink energy streak in, depositing the Black and Pink Ranger‘s. They turn around to see Goldar approach Madam Woe’s apothecary table.

“Look, there he is!," Pink Ranger points out.

“What are you up to, bucket head?!," Black Ranger charges forward, alongside Pink Ranger.

“Rangers! Do not interfere!," Goldar shouts as he steps up to the table.

“Or else what?," Black Ranger asks.

“I was hoping you’d ask!," Squatt steps out from beside a rocky hill, with his pistol raised. Squatt fires small red energy charges, knocking the 2 Ranger’s down in a shower of sparks as Baboo steps out from beside a hill of rock, standing next to Squatt who holds his smoking pistol.

“Nice shooting, Squatt!," Baboo says as he fives his alien cohort.

“Hey, thanks, Baboo! I got ‘em, didn‘t I?â€

“We’re outnumbered! I say we even the score! Battle Bow," Pink Ranger draws her weapon of legend.

Black Ranger does the same. “Ultimate Cannon!â€

Goldar reaches into the small pot of red fluid and pulls out a crystalline orb as Black Ranger takes aim. He fires several blasts from his cannon as Goldar somersaults out of the way.

Stone Canyon.
Southside Municipal Hospital.

Trini, Adam, Aisha, Rocky, & TJ stand outside of the O.R. as Richie is rushed inside on a gurney.

“Don’t worry, Trini. Everything’s going to be okay," Aisha places a sympathetic hand on her new friend’s shoulder.

“Thanks, Aisha. Thanks to all of you for helping out," Trini’s communicator sounds off.

“What’s that?," TJ asks.

“Oh, um, it’s my pager. I got to go," Trini answers.

“What about Richie?," Rocky asks.

“He’s getting the attention he needs. I’ll come back to check on him. I want to thank you all again for your help. But there’s something I’ve got to take care of," Trini leaves.

“Bye, Trini," Aisha says. She glances over at her friends who all share in her confusion look.

Trini runs out of the hospital and moves behind the building. “Trini hereâ€.

“Trini, your friends require your assistance. Jason and William are battling a Minotaur monster at the beach but Zachary and Kimberly are being overwhelmed in Angel Grove by Goldar, Squatt and Baboo," Zordon notifies.

“Great. I’m heading back to Angel Grove now," Trini responds.

“Alpha has downloaded the coordinates to your communicator. May the Power Protect youâ€.

“Thanks, Zordon," Trini teleports away.

Angel Grove.
The rock quarry.

Black Ranger takes aim with his cannon as Pink Ranger draws an arrow back with the string of her Bow. Goldar, Squatt and Baboo approach the 2 Ranger’s. Trini teleports in behind the aliens.

“Hey! What do you say we even things up a bit!," Trini shouts to the aliens.

Goldar turns to Trini. “Tiger Ranger!â€

“I’m about to be!," Trini pulls her morpher from the clip behind her.

“We have the crystal! Our work is done! Back to the Palace!," Goldar orders as he, Squatt and Baboo teleport away.

Trini runs up to her friends. “Are you guys all right?â€

“Yeah. How’s Richie?," Pink Ranger asks.

“He’s being treated. What was that about a crystal?," Trini asks.

“I don’t know, but if we don’t get to Billy and Jason we’re gonna have more casualties to deal with. Let’s get back there," Black Ranger says.

“Right! It’s Morphin’ Time! Saber-Tooth Tiger!â€

Stone Canyon Beach Boardwalk.

The Minotaur knocks down the Blue and Red Ranger’s with a swipe from his spiked club.

“He’s even stronger than we anticipated," Blue Ranger observes as he and Red Ranger climb to their feet.

The Minotaur breathes fire from it’s snout as it digs it’s feet into the sand, preparing to charge.

“He’s getting ready to charge again!," Red Ranger warns.

“Tiger Beam!," Yellow Ranger’s voice rings out as a powerful yellow energy blast strikes the monster in the chest, causing it to stagger backwards.

The Red and Blue Ranger’s turn and look up to the cliff’s edge where Yellow Ranger stands with her Dagger’s crossed and pointed down toward the monster. The Pink and Black Ranger’s pose beside her with their weapons. The 3 Ranger’s flip down thru the air and land beside the Blue and Red Ranger’s.

“Trini--,"

“Everything’s fine, Jason, for now. But it won’t be if we don’t stop this……Minotaur," Yellow Ranger says.

“Let’s bring ‘em together!," Jason orders.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita looks up from her Repulsa-Scope.

“It’s not over until it’s over, Ranger’s! Magic wand, make my monster grow!," Rita throws her wand over the balcony. It gives off transverse circular waves of power that speed it thru space toward the Earth.

Stone Canyon Beach Boardwalk.

“You’re yesterday’s news! Ultimate Cannon!â€
“Yeah! And the same goes for Rita! Battle Bow!â€
“Face it, Minotaur! You’re finished! Power Lance!â€
“Let’s do this! Dino Daggers!â€
“You’re going down, Minotaur! Power Sword! Power Blaster!," Red Ranger aims the weapon as the other Ranger’s gather round and help brace it.

Rita’s wand slams into the sandy beach, transmitting energy from the orb atop it toward the Minotaur.

“FIRE!," The Ranger’s fire a massive blast of energy toward the monster who blocks with his shield. The shield explodes in a huge amount of power, throwing the Minotaur back thru the air and out into the depths of the ocean as the power from Rita’s wand blows thru the sand and flows into the ocean.

The Ranger’s pull their individual weapons apart.

“Think we got him?," Black Ranger asks.

Suddenly, the ocean itself explodes as the giant Minotaur rises from the depths.

“Does that answer your question?," Pink Ranger asks.

“Let’s work on changing that. We need Dinozord Power!," Red Ranger shouts.

“Now!," the team shouts as they raise their hands to the air, summoning their protector beasts.

The ground shifts as the Mastodon, Triceratops, Saber-Tooth Tiger and Tyrannosaurus Dinozord’s charge forth. The Pterodactyl Zord soars in thru the sky.

“Time to climb aboard!," Red Ranger leaps into the air and his team follows. “Let’s break out the crystals!â€

“2-1, power up!â€

“Tyrannosaurus, on-line! You guys with me?," Red ranger asks.
“I’m with you, man! Mastodon, on-line!â€
“Triceratops, ready for battle!â€
“Saber-Tooth Tiger, fit to fight!â€
“Pterodactyl, on-line! Let’s mulch this Minotaur!â€

The Minotaur stampedes thru the water’s, headed back toward the shore. Rita’s wand stands straight up out of the sandy shore.

“Jason, Rita’s wand! If we retrieve it we may be able to keep Rita from attempting any further attacks," Blue Ranger says over the communications terminal at his Zord’s console.

“Good thinking, Billy. If we’re going to do this, we’d better make it quick!," Red Ranger responds.

“I’m on it!," Blue Ranger flips out of his Zord and lands back on the beach. He races toward the wand as it’s orb pulsates with red power. He clutches it. Red power surges out from the wand and electrifies the Ranger, causing him to cry out in agony.

“Billy!," Yellow Ranger cries. The Minotaur runs up and kicks the Saber-Tooth Tiger across the head with it’s sharp hoof, throwing sparks as the Zord tips over and skids across the shore on it’s side, throwing water and wet sand up into the air.

“Billy! Let go of the wand! There’s nothing we can do now!," Red Rangers shouts.

Blue Ranger clutches tight to the weapon as red energy continues to burn into him, contending with the shielding power of his Ranger form. “If the…defenses…short out…we will have…the advantageâ€.

“Billy, this isn’t the time! We can try something else later, when we have a plan! I want you let go of that thing! Now!," Red Ranger yells.

“But I……might--!â€

“Release the wand, Billy! Now! That’s an order!â€

Blue Ranger fights to pull away from the power surge. Finally, he is freed as he falls to his knees. Rita’s evil laughter fills the air as the wand disappears.

The Minotaur swats at the Pterodactyl. It turns sideways momentarily, avoiding the blow.

“Level 10 World Class gymnast, baby! You’re tangling with the wrong Ranger! Firing Ptera Blasts!," Pink Ranger accesses the weapons array and fires twin steams of crackling blue power from the energy banks embedded in the shoulders of the Zord.

The Ptera Blasts singe the chest and torso of the Minotaur, giving off a cloud of sparks.

Blue Ranger lifts his stinging body up off the sand and leaps back up into his Zord. "Triceratops, back on track!"

The Tyrannosaurus wades out toward the Minotaur as it catches it's footing. The Tyrannosaurus swings a claw at the monster, emitting sparks as it scratches the Minotaur across the chest. Tyrannosaurus swings out his other claw but the Minotaur deflects the strike with his club, then lowers his head toward the tall, red Zord, smashing the sharp horns into its chest with enough force to slam the Zord backward, out of the water, and onto the sandy beach.

The Minotaur steps toward the shore, closing in on the fallen Tyrannosaurus. Before the monster can strike, the Saber-Tooth Tiger Zord leaps thru the air, perpendicular to the Minotaur, clawing him across the chest as it passes by.

Red Ranger brings the Tyrannosaurus to it's feet. "All right! I'm back in the battle!," The Tyrannosaurus turns, lashing out with it's tail into the torso of the monster.

"Activating Triceratops' tail cannon," Blue Ranger controls his Zord's tail cannon, lifting it into position. "Tricera-Spark cannon, fire!," Spark blasts fire out of the dual chambered tail and burst against the Minotaur's body, further pushing him back out into the ocean.

"Hope this guy can hold his breath," Pink Ranger comments.

"Zack, Trini, Billy, Kim, hit him together," Red Ranger orders.

"All right!," Black Ranger shouts.

"Let's smash him!," Pink Ranger gives a thumbs up.

"Bash him!," Blue Ranger shouts.

"And crash him! Tiger Beam, now," Yellow Ranger cries.

"Mammoth Rays," Black Ranger shouts.

"Ptera Blasts, now!," Pink Ranger shouts.

"Spark cannon, fire!," Blue Ranger combines his spark blast with the massive blast from Trini's Zord, the focused beams from the eyes of the Mastodon Zord, and the sizzling power from Kim's. The blasts sear into the Minotaur's chest, knocking him underneath the depths of the ocean.

"Now that’s what I call teamwork. Great job, guys. That ought to cool off that hot head," Red Ranger

Suddenly the ocean begins to rumble as the Minotaur lifts his club up from under the water, then stands from the ocean at full height. The Minotaur begins to charge back toward the shore.

"This guy just won't take a hint," Red Ranger comments.

"Then we'll have to try something else," Black Ranger says.

"Like what?," Pink Ranger asks.

"Something cold," Black Ranger brings the Mastodon to the water's edge.

"Scanners show the area's clear. Here I go," Black Ranger goes to work at the console within his Zord. The Mastodon aims it's trunk at the water and emits a fog that sweeps over the ocean, freezing it solid all around the monster. "Frozen Minotaur anyone?,"

"Great job, Zack!," Yellow Ranger accredits.

"Morphinomenal," Pink Ranger adds.

“Should we form the Megazord?," Black Ranger asks.

“The Megazord might be too heavy for the ice to hold us long enough to get into range with the Power Sword," Blue Ranger explains.

“Don’t worry. I’ve got just what the doctor ordered," Red Ranger says.

The Minotaur emits a red and blue electrical blast from its horns, detonating against the Tyrannosaurus, Triceratops, Saber-Tooth Tiger, and Mastodon as the Pterodactyl flies away.

“You asked for it," Red Ranger marches the Tyrannosaurus to the edge of the frozen water. “Accessing weapons array. Locking onto the monster. This is going to take a minute to charge the disruptor enoughâ€.

The Minotaur heaves it’s club thru the air toward the Tyrannosaurus.

“We got your back, Jase," Black Ranger says. The Mastodon, Pterodactyl, Triceratops, and Saber-Tooth Tiger again combine their blasts, decimating the club just before it hits Jason’s Zord.

“Thanks, guys. Now it’s my turn. Tyranno-Sonic!," the Tyrannosaurus leans down, opens it’s jaws and growls aloud as it emits an energized sonic blast into the ground.

The blast reverberates thru the sand as it punches thru the ice, melting it in a wave of heat as the Tyranno-Sonic attack sears thru the ocean, evaporating water and clearing a path along the ocean floor toward the monster. Water rushes back into the path created by the blast as it reaches the Minotaur, consuming him with its raw power. The Minotaur vaporizes.

“All right, Jason!," Yellow ranger cries.

“Good job, boss," Pink Ranger adds.

“Morphin!," Red Ranger shouts as he raises a fist.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Baboo and Squatt back away slowly as Rita begins to yell.

“No!," Rita screams. “Those retarded Rangers have done it again! Oh, I have a headache!â€

“Don’t fret, Empress," Finster says as he walks out onto the balcony. “At least we managed to retrieve the crystal," Finster hands her the crystal.

Rita perks up. “Yes, that’s right! You’ve won this battle, Rangers! But the war is far from over! And when I use the power of this crystal against you, you‘ll wish you never joined ranks with that big blue head!â€

Stone Canyon.
Southside Municipal Hospital.

A police officer accepts reports handed to him by Trini, Aisha, TJ, Rocky, and Adam.

“Thanks again, kids," the officer says.

“No problem, Officer Stone. Glad to help," Rocky replies.

Jason, Zack and Billy approach.

“Oh, guys this is TJ, Rocky, Adam, and Aisha. These are my friends Jason, Zack, and Billy," Trini introduces.

“Nice to meet you guys," Zack says.

“Yes. We’d like to thank you for your assistance. Richie might not have been so lucky if it wasn’t for your assistance," Billy adds.

“No problem," Aisha replies.

“We just hope he’s going to be okay," TJ says.

“He’ll live, but I guess no one’s sure about how bad of shape he’s really in. Tomorrow they’re going to transfer him to the Angel Grove Community Hospital for recovery," Trini answers. She turns to her new friends. “You guys didn’t have to stay here this whole timeâ€.

“We just wanted to make sure your boyfriend was okay. I know I would have been just as concerned if it were TJ in there," Aisha replies as she grabs on to TJ.

“Oh, he’s not my boyfriend," Trini clarifies.

“Really?," Aisha asks.

“The doctor says he was insisting on seeing you when he woke up," Adam tells Trini.

“There’s, um, some things he and I have to get straightened up. If you guys don’t mind, I’d like to talk to him alone," Trini says.

“Sure. We should be heading back home anyways. Tell him we said goodbye," Rocky says. “It was nice to meet you guysâ€.

The teens say there goodbyes, then Jason, Zack and Billy turn to Trini.

“Now what about you, girl?," Zack asks.

“Are you going to be all right?," Jason asks.

“Yeah, I think so. I have to do this. There’s just no way for this to work. I’m not willing to put him or anyone else on the line for my own needs," Trini says.

“Ok, then," Zack puts a sympathetic hand on her shoulder. She gives him a hug.

“Good luck, Trini," Billy gives her a hug.

“Thanks," she replies.

“We’ll be in waiting in the car," Jason says as he moves in and gives her a hug as well.

Richie lies in his hospital bed, hooked up to monitors as the door opens and Trini enters. Thru an exhausted look, Richie manages to smile as Trini closes the door behind her and approaches him.

“Trini, you’re here," Richie says with a raspy voice. “I was worried about youâ€.

“Thanks, Richie. I’ve been worried about you to," Trini says with a sullen look on her face.

Richie is confused by her demeanor. “Are you okay? You weren’t hurt were you? I don’t really remember muchâ€

“No. I’m fine. Because of you," Trini replies.

“I just want you to be safe. And happy," Richie tells her. There is a moment of silence between the 2 before Richie speaks again. “Do I make you happy?â€

Trini sighs. “Richie, I--I care about youâ€

“I’m glad to hear that. Cuz I care about you too, Triniâ€

“That’s sweet," Trini responds. “It’s good to have friends that really care about youâ€.

“Yeah. It’s good. Friends are good. It’s good when someone feels like that about you. It’s also good when a certain person is……‘more’ than a friend," Richie says.

“Richie, I like youâ€.

“Good, cuz I like--â€

“Richie, I like you cuz you’re a good friend. And I would really like it if we could continue to be friendsâ€.

Richie’s smile falls away and is replaced with a look of concern. “Just friends?â€

“Yes,†Trini closes her eyes as she surrenders to what she knows is the right thing to do. “Just friendsâ€.

“Trini, I don’t get it. I thought we cared abut one another. I……feel things for you. Are you honestly telling me you don’t feel things for me?â€

Trini sighs. “Richie, it’s not about the way I feel. It’s about……people being allowed to continue being able to feel anythingâ€.

“Trini, I have no idea what you’re talking about. Are you trying to tell me you don’t feel anything toward me? Cuz you just said you care--â€

“I know Richie, I know. Please, just--just trust me when I say that you and me just staying friends is the safest thing for you. For both of usâ€.

It’s Richie’s turn to sigh. “Trini, please don’t tell me--â€

“Do you trust me, Richie?," Trini interrupts.

“Trust you? Trini I love--â€

“Do you trust me?," Trini interrupts again, sternly.

Richie hesitates, then speaks with a more stern voice. “Yes. Yes, Trini, I trust youâ€.

“Good. Then please, just continue to be my friend, okay?â€

Richie looks away as he shakes his head. “Trini……we’ll always be friendsâ€.

Trini reaches up and rests her hand on his leg. Richie looks down to Trini’s hand on the sheet over his leg. Trini sees Richie look down to her hand and she quickly pulls away. “Sorry. Did I hurt youâ€.

“Yes,†Richie answers quickly. He looks away from Trini again. “But not my legs. I can’t get any feelings em eitherâ€.

“What?â€,†Trini gasps.

“In the Putty attack……a nerve laceration. I can’t feel my legs. Probably never walk again,†Richie says. “But that doesn‘t matter, right Trini? I’ll have to quit karate, but at least I can look forward to some pretty good parking places, huh?â€


“Richie, I’m sorry,†Trini says.

“No, Trini. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have bit your head off like that. Just promise me. Promise we can be friends,†Richie pleads.

“Yes. Always," she says.

Jason, Zack and Billy sit out in Jason’s hummer. Trini opens the door and climbs into the backseat, next to Zack.

“Thanks for waiting guys," Trini says in a sullen tone.

“Are you okay, girl?," Zack asks. Trini looks down to her lap.

“Trini--?," Jason is interrupted.

“Can you take me home, please?," Trini asks. Jason turns to Billy in the passenger seat, then to Zack, each with a concerned look.

“Yeah," Jason starts the vehicle and drives off as Trini stares out the window in thought.

The danger posed by Rita and her forces is very real. Trini knew from the day she began her role as a Power Ranger that the actions she takes while in Ranger form decides the well being of the innocent and not-so-innocent people of Earth.

But today she learns something she thought she already knew. That her responsibilities carry over when she’s outside of her Ranger form. That to have love is to carry a vessel. That though love, like the mind, like faith, is immutable, that a body that serves as loves vessel can easily be lost or stolen. Or worse, broken, spilled blood red on the cold ground before her. A cold, painful mess. She cares too much for Richie to let him be lost, and thusly sees it fit to sacrifice a loss of his life for the loss of her chance to share. To love.

THE END
 
PROMO - Episode 10

COMING SOON: Episode 10- "DESCENT"

With Kim still in France, the guys try to urge Trini to come to terms with her feelings about the tragedy she blames herself for, while arranging for the celebration of Zack‘s upcoming birthday. The Rangers must also confront death in the skies, while facing death on land. Can Kimberly overcome a battle in the air in time to save her friends? What will the consequences be in the eyes of Trini’s peers for what’s happened to Richie? After everything that has happened recently, how much worse can things get? The answers await discovery in the next episode of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation.
 
Episode 10: "DESCENT"

DESCENT

Angel Grove High School.

The final bell for class rings. The sound is shrill and ear-piercing, which is ironic considering how welcome and accepted the sound is. The students in Ms. Applebee’s class are eager to leave, quickly grabbing their things and evacuating toward the exits as Ms. Applebee watches them, acutely aware of how small her class roster has become since the attacks on the city.

The classroom empties of students quickly, but not entirely. Languid in her movements, Trini appears preoccupied as she places her notebooks and text book into her back pack. Ms. Applebee takes notice of the unusually somber Trini, knowing full well about the attack that led to Richie’s injuries, as well as Trini’s involvement in the matter.

Ms. Applebee approaches Trini. “Trini, dear, how are you?â€

“I’m well, Ms. Applebee, thank you,†Trini forces a smile then shuffles quickly toward the exit.

“Trini, I heard about what happened,†Ms. Applebee’s words stop Trini before she can exit. “It’s a shame that anyone was hurt in the encounter. Richie San Pietro is a nice young manâ€.

“Yes,†Trini replies, her back still to Ms. Applebee. “Yes, he isâ€.

“You know, Trini, ever since these strange attacks have occurred in and near Angel Grove, we’ve all done what we can to cope with the burdens, the fears, the guiltâ€.

Trini turns to face her short, portly teacher. “I understand. But I’m not afraid, Ms. Applebeeâ€.

Ms. Applebee nods. “OK. What about burdened? Or perhaps, feeling--â€

“Guilty?,†Trini asks.

Ms. Applebee sighs. “I’m aware of what the students are saying, Trini. Many students have left because of the terrible thins that are happening. It doesn’t make it difficult to hear what’s being said when there are less and less people to keep the secretsâ€.

“I don’t have any secrets, Ms. Applebee. Nor am I concerned with anyone else’s,†Trini says as she tries to leave.

Ms. Applebee‘s words stop Trini from leaving again. “Trini, I don’t want to push, but the school has hired grief counselors for a reason. They’re in the office through out the day, before and after school. Please, I encourage you to consult one……for whatever you may be preoccupied byâ€.

Trini forces another smile. “Thank you for your concern, Ms. Applebee. But I’m fineâ€.

“Are you sure, dear?,†the teacher asks.

Trini nods. “Yes, ma’amâ€.

“I only ask because--,â€

“I said I’m fine,†Trini interjects, sharply.

Ms. Applebee is taken by surprise by Trini’s uncharacteristic rudeness. “Oh. I see,†Ms. Applebee manages to say.

Silence. The 2 females stand before each other in awkward silence before Trini breaks it with another fake smile, then says “Thank you, Ms. Applebee. But I really am fine. Now, I have to get to the Youth Center to help prepare for Zack’s party. I’ll see you tomorrowâ€.

Trini promptly exits as Ms. Applebee is left with little else to do but watch with concern.

Angel Grove High School.
The Parking Lot.

Trini inserts the key into the door of her white Honda and climbs into the driver seat. She tosses her back pack into the passenger seat, then takes a moment to breathe. She then places the keys in the ignition and cranks it until it runs. She reaches up to her rear view mirror and adjusts it, bringing into focus the image of Richie in the parking lot behind her car, crawling across the canvas toward her car. There is a squad of blade-armed Putties giving chase, swiping at him with their blades.

“Richie!,†Trini turns and looks back thru her car’s back window to see that Richie, nor the Putties, are actually there.

Slowly, Trini turns to face forward in the driver’s seat when she finds herself no longer in the school’s parking lot, but on the edge of the cliff side at Stone Canyon Beach Boardwalk. Trini gasps at the images of Putties swarming outside the vehicle, disturbed even more so to be looking at an image of herself fending off several Putties at the left front side of her car. The image of herself she sees is wearing the same outfit she had on the last time she was at that beach. She is even more disturbed to see Richie in the fray, rushing for the image of Trini who is unaware of the oncoming attack of a blade-armed Putty.

Trini covers her mouth as she sees Richie knock Trini to the ground, accepting the long, sharp, and deadly blade of the Putty’s arm. She watches the blade disappear into Richie’s torso as red fluid drips down the sharp edge.

Trini shuts her eyes and shakes her head, trying to shake the images. When she opens her eyes she finds herself back at the school parking lot. No Putties. No Richie. Trini lowers her head and closes her eyes again as tears begin to fall from them. She shakes her head, almost as though she is in shame. Perhaps she is. Perhaps she has things for which to be ashamed of herself for.

She wipes away the tears as she begins to calm down. She has other things to worry about. And there are certainly more people in the world with more problems than her. Besides, she has a party to set up for. She releases the brake and drives away.

Paris, France.

Kimberly lays a Gucci travel bag on her bed, beside stacks of folded clothes. She places the clothing into the bag as she holds her cell phone to her ear with her shoulder.

“Zack, I am so glad I’m coming home. France is a beautiful place to visit but Trini needs someone right now. I have to be there for her," Kim says into the phone.

“Yeah. She’s been pretty quiet the last few days. I’m sure she could use a shoulder to lean on. I want to be there for her but I think she might be more responsive to you at this point," Zack says from his end of the line.

Kim’s mother enters. “Honey, our flight leaves in an hour. You’re not ready to go yet?â€

“Gotta go, Zack. Warden Hart is on patrol," Kim says as her mother places her hands on her hips in response to the comment.

“Have a safe trip, girl. Call us when you get inâ€.

“Sure thing. Later, Zack-man," Kim hangs up her phone and sets it down. " I have everything ready, mom. I just gotta get it in the bagâ€.

Kim’s mom steps up behind Kim and plays with her hair.

“Well, don’t be too long. I‘d better go help your brother get his bags downstairsâ€.

“Okay. I’ll be down there in a minuteâ€.

Kim’s mother exit’s the room. Kim returns the free half of her attention to her luggage, but the other half hasn’t yet wavered from Trini’s recent dilemma.

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Rita watches Kim thru the Repulsa-Scope. “Ah, there you are, Kimberly. On a nice little vacation with your dysfunctional little familyâ€.

Finster walks up onto the balcony. “My Queen, the Snizard figure has been completedâ€.

“Good. I know just what I want to do with it, too. With that brat Kimberly out of the way, I can get rid of the other Rangers for good. We’ll use the monster to battle the Ranger’s while Baboo and Squatt head down to that airport to make sure that what goes up comes crashing down. Boom!," Rita goes into a malicious cackle that fills the palace.

Angel Grove.
The Juice Bar.

Jason and Ernie go over a checklist while Trini finishes painting a banner. Billy approaches Trini.

“Prodigious. Your talent for depicting eye-catching characterizations is rather impressive," Billy says.

“Thanks, Billy," Trini says. “Most of the decorations for Zack’s party are completed. Ernie’s helping Jason to make sure we have the order for the balloons filled out properlyâ€.

Ernie leaves to the back as Jason approaches Billy and Trini.

“I think we got the balloon order cleared up. We’re going with the 17 clusters of 17 balloons. You know, one to grow on," Jason says. “Nice work, Triniâ€.

“Thanks, Jason," Trini replies.

“So, um, how’s Richie doing?," Jason asks.

Trini sighs. “He’s okay……I think. He has to stay in the hospital a couple more days. I feel so bad for him, Jason. I just hope he’ll able to attend Zack’s birthday party".

“Trini, you know what happened isn’t your fault, don’t you?,†Jason asks.

“Isn’t it, Jason? I’m a Ran……really capable person. I can take care of things. It’s what I do--what we do. We put ourselves on the line to do this. We knew that going in, but we agreed to make that sacrifice. Richie didn‘t. And because of me, Richie almost lost his life,†Trini replies.

“Don’t think that way, Trini,†Billy says.

“But it’s true Billy. You know it, Jason knows it, Zack and Kim know it. Richie knows it now, too. I’m trying to be positive about this, guys, but Richie may never walk again. Everyone can keep telling me again and again to get over it, but it‘s just not that simple. Not for me, and definitely not for Richie,†Trini explains.

“No one’s telling you to just get over it. It’ll take time to get past this. But at some point, Trini, you’ll have to let the burden go,†Jason says.

“How can you ask me to worry about letting go of my burdens, when Richie will never be able to let go of his? Because of me. He got in the way because of me, and all I could do as a result of that was let him down even more. When I was in that hospital, I felt like I was kicking him while he was down. And I was the one responsible for him being down in the first place. I don‘t want this for him. I want……,†Trini can‘t find it in her to finish her sentence, and actually bring to life the way she feels, which thus far seems to have been so costly.

“Does he know how you feel?,†Billy asks. Trini nods.

“Do you?,†Jason asks.

Trini shakes her head. “It’s not worth it. He deserves to live, more than I deserve to lov--,†Trini’s voice breaks. She clears her throat. “Nevermind. I don’t want to talk about itâ€.

“Trini, if it’ll help, you need--,â€Jason s cut off mid-sentence by Trini.

“Please, Jason. I said I don’t want to talk about--,†then it is Trini who is interrupted mid-sentence.

“HEY!!," Ernie’s shouting takes Billy, Trini and Jason by surprise. Jason flips over the counter, as Trini somersaults across it and Billy uses one hand to support him as he leaps over it as well.

Bulk and Skull coming running behind the counter from the kitchen.

“Uh-oh. Goody-goods at 12 o’ clock," Bulk says, his mouth covered with frosting.

“Get out of here, you numbskull’s!," Ernie says as he comes running from the kitchen with a spatula raised in the air.

“Hey, the name’s Skull!," Skull replies, his mouth also covered with frosting.

Bulk and Skull climb frantically over the counter and fall flat on the ground.

“What’s going on?," Jason asks he drops out of his fight stance.

“I caught these buffoons in the back eating Zack’s cake," Ernie says as Bulk and Skull rise to their feet.

“Hey, that cake is for Zack’s birthday party!," Trini says.

“Yeah, and why weren’t we invited?," Bulk asks.

“Why not? Look at you. This party is for Zack and his friends," Jason says.

“And Zack’s real friends wouldn’t be attempting to take his cake before it’s even finished," Billy adds.

“Hey! It looked finished to us," Bulk retorts.

“Yeah!," Skull adds.

“Well, if you don’t get out of here, it’s you 2 clowns who are gonna be finished," Ernie says. “If I see you guys step foot in the Gym & Juice Bar for the next month I’m gonna have you thrown out on your butts, you got that?â€

“Got what?," Skull asks.

“Get out of here!," Ernie yells as he raises the spatula. Bulk and Skull quickly clamor out of the building.

“Those guys are so rude," Jason says.

Ernie apologizes. “Sorry about the cake guys. I‘ll have another one done in time for Zack‘s partyâ€

“An apology is not required, Ernie," Billy replies. “It’s Bulk and Skull that should be apologizingâ€.

“Thanks, Ernie," Jason says.

France.
The Overseas International Airport.

A plane stands at a docking port. Inside, a stewardess leaves the kitchen area and walks thru a pair of closed curtains. Baboo and Squatt appear in the kitchen.

“Oooh, fancy digs," Baboo comments.

“Can we eat something? I’m starving," Squatt whines.

“No, lunk head!," Baboo smacks Squatt upside the head. He reaches into Squatt’s carrying pouch and pulls out 2 apples. “Snizard’s apples are for the pilots. They’re special sleeping apples, remember? You want to fall asleep for a while?â€

“Gee, I could use a little nap," Squatt ponders as he holds his chin.

“Forget it, Squatt. That stewardess lady is going to be back here soon for those pilot’s snacks," Baboo sets the apple’s on a platter on the counter. “There. We only have a moment before Rita’s magic drops and Zordon detects us. Let’s get out of hereâ€.

“But I’m hungry!," Squatt whines.

“Just come on," Baboo and Squatt teleport away.

The stewardess returns and pulls two slices of cake from a refrigerator and places them on the platter. She notices the apple’s and gives them a curious look, then dismisses them and grabs 2 mugs of coffee, places them on the platter beside the cakes and apples and carries it off.

Passenger’s in the airport hand in their tickets to an agent and file into the airplane. Kimberly, Nicky and their mother head in and take seats in the first class section.

The large plane is ultimately occupied. With all the passenger’s accounted for, it is ready for take off. The huge metal bird begins it’s journey, making it’s way down the strip and eventually taking flight.

Rita’s Moon Palace.
Rita’s Quarters.

Atop a bed of black, netted from above with sheer black drapes, crawling with spiders, lies Rita Repulsa. Her snoring is as loud and abrasive as her voice is in the waking world. Goldar enters. He moves toward the bed as Rita sleeps.

“Rita," he says. “Empress Ritaâ€

Rita continues to snore.

“Rita……Rita……RITA!!!!," Goldar yells.

“What?! What?! What is it?!," Rita sits up and looks around.

“You fell asleep, Empress," Goldar tells her.

“I what?! I don’t need sleep! Sleep is for the weak! It is for humans!," Rita screams.

“I am sorry, Empress. I did not mean to wake you so abruptly. I know you must be tiredâ€.

“I told you I don’t need sleep! I was just……conducting an experiment. Yeah, that’s it. An experiment for my idea on what to do with Madam Woe’s crystal," Rita says as she climbs out of bed.

“I see. I apologize for my supposition. I only meant to tell you that Finster has brought the Snizard to life," Goldar explains.

“Where is he?," Rita asks.

“He is in Finster’s workshop now," Goldar answers.

Rita climbs thru the netting draped over her bed, grabs her wand and she and Goldar exit her quarters and head for……

Finster’s workshop.

“There," Goldar points out. Finster and Snizard turn to face Rita. “Half snake, half lizard, the Snizard is an archer that can attack with his venomous leg, arm and tonsil snakes. His own teeth are poisonous and he can use the apple on top of his head to transform the snakes into deadly arrows he can launch with his Snake Bowâ€.

“Goldar is right, my Queen. Snizard is quite a capable beast, comprised of a good portion of my left over resin," Finster adds.

“He is positively unpleasant. This is good," Rita says.

“It is no longer night on Earth, Empress. Instead it is early morning. The Ranger’s are probably still asleep, and unprepared for battle," Goldar says.

“And if Squatt and Baboo did their jobs, Kimberly’s plane should begin it’s death drop soon," Rita adds. “I’m sending the monster down nowâ€.

“I am ready to serve you, Empress Rita," Snizard says in his slithery voice as he bows before her.

“Good morning, Angel Grove!," Rita shrieks, then laughs madly.

Angel Grove.
The Scott residence.

Jason lies asleep in his room. His communicator sounds off. Jason wakes up immediately and jumps to his feet.

“This is Jason," he says as he activates an open communications channel. He grabs a pair of dark denim jeans and a long sleeve red shirt and dresses hurriedly as Alpha’s voice comes back to him over the device.

“Jason, Rita has released a monster called Snizard near the Pacific Heritage Monuments at the western entrance of Angel Grove Parkâ€.

“That’s close to downtown. Alpha, download the coordinates to my communicator. I’m on my wayâ€.

“Yes, Jason. As soon as I am able to get a hold of the other Ranger’s I will have them join you. Coordinates have now been downloaded," Alpha says.

Jason walks over to one of the walls in his room where his Power Sword in civilian form sits sideways, perched on a display. He pulls the Sword free and teleports away.

Angel Grove Park West.
The Pacific Heritage Monuments.

The Snizard marches thru the Park, headed toward downtown Angel Grove in search of victims. “Must seek humans. Must lure the Power Rangers to their doomâ€.

“Well, you’ve succeeded with that first thing!," Jason jogs up toward the monster, Sword in hand, as Snizard turns to face him. “Let’s see if we can work on the last. But not our doom. Yours!â€

Jason and Snizard charge each other, each attacking with their signature weapons. The Power Sword and Snake Bow lock up. Snizard hisses and throws a kick up into Jason’s stomach. Jason goes into a sweep that Snizard jumps back from.

Above North America.
Flight 383.

A platter with 2 empty dishes, 2 apple cores and 2 empty mugs sit atop a table mounted between the 2 pilot’s seats.

“Skies are clear," the Pilot yawns. “We’ve been flying for a while. We’ll be landing soon. Should be smooth sailing the rest of the wayâ€.

The pilot yawns. The co-pilot looks to the pilot with worry. “Are you okay?â€

The pilot passes out in his seat.

“Hey," the co-pilot tries to awaken the pilot, but finds he himself is also falling to a sudden state of exhaustion.

The plane shifts as control is lost. The passenger’s look about as the plane shifts again.

“What’s happening?," young Nicky asks.

“It’s okay, dear. It’s probably just turbulence“.

A look of concern consumes Kim’s face. She gets up out of her seat.

“Kim?," her mother inquires.

“I’ll be right back," Kim departs.

“Kimberly, wait," her mother insists. A stewardess enters after Kimberly leaves.

“Everyone, just stay calm," the stewardess says. “Everything’s okayâ€.

“Is something wrong with the pilot?," a passenger asks.

“I’m sure there’s no problem. I’ll just go check to be sureâ€.

Kim tries to open the door to the plane’s cockpit but it is locked.

“I have a bad feeling about this," Kim braces herself as the airplane shifts once more. Kim pulls a pin from her hair and uses it to open the locked door. She enters and sees that the pilots are unconscious.

“Oh my gosh!," Kim covers her mouth in terror as the stewardess enters.

“Oh my gosh! What’s happening?!," the stewardess asks.

“I don’t know. It looks like they fell asleep. Oh my gosh, we’re losing altitude," Kim notes.

“Oh no! What do we do?," the stewardess cries. Kim pulls the pilot from his seat and lies him down gently on the floor. “What are you doing!â€

“Trying to help," Kim says.

“No! Get away from there!," the stewardess cries.

“Look, we’re losing altitude fast. If someone doesn’t do something we’re going to crash into a city full of people," Kim takes the pilots seat and reaches for the controls when the stewardess pulls her arms away.

“No! I can’t let you do that!â€

Kim stands up. She knocks the stewardess’ arms away and grabs her by the shoulders as she drags her toward the door. “Look, I know you’re scared, but I need to do something here, and I can’t do that if you’re going to get in my wayâ€.

“But, there are protocols! Oh, I‘ve never had to deal with this before. I don‘t know what--!," Before the stewardess can complete her sentence, Kim throws her out of the cockpit and locks the door behind her. She hurries back into the pilot seat.

Angel Grove Park West.
The Pacific Heritage Monuments.

“Snake Arrow!," Snizard pulls one of the writhing snakes from his left leg and raises it up to the apple on his head. The snake hisses, it’s tongue reaching out to touch the apple. The apple surges with power and stiffens the snakes body length-wise. Snizard loads the arrow into his bow and fires.

Jason slashes the arrow down before it can bite. Jason flips forward and slashes Snizard down the stomach in a burst of sparks. Jason goes into a spinning-heel kick, slamming Snizard in the chest. Snizard swings his Snake Bow, battering Jason across the face. The monster kicks Jason in the chest, knocking him back.

“I will drain the life from you, Ranger!," Snizard swings his Snake Bow backwards, hitting Jason across the other side of his face. Jason falls onto his back as Snizard kneels over him. “You’ll make a good snack," His opens his large jaws and moves in.

“Back off, lizard lips!," Jason throws a kick up into the side of Snizard’s head, knocking him into a sideways roll as Jason uses his hands to kip up to his feet. He picks up his Sword.

Snizard rises to his feet. “Putty Patrol, attack!," The Putty Patrol come out of back flips from thin air.

“Oh, man," Jason holds his Sword out before him, ready to defend.

“You are outnumbered, lone Ranger," Snizard hisses.

“What do you say we even the odds?," Zack’s voice calls Snizard’s attention. He turns to see Zack, Billy and Trini march toward the fight scene, side-by-side, armed with their Weapons of Legend in civilian form.

“Let’s do it, guys!," Zack shouts.

“Right!," Billy and Trini cry out, raising their weapons. The 3 Ranger’s rush into battle alongside their leader.

A blade-armed Putty strikes at Zack, who blocks with the blade of his Axe. Zack throws a kick into the Putty’s stomach, then swings the Axe backward across the Putty’s face. The Putty stumbles as Zack continues into a 360 degree spin as he kneels and slashes the Putty across the chest. The Putty is knocked sideways in a shower of sparks.

Billy slashes a Putty across the chest in an “X," pattern using both of his Maces. Another Putty jump kicks him from behind. Billy recovers and turns to face the Putty as it throws a punch. Billy blocks with one sectioned piece of his Lance, then strikes with the other, cutting it across the chest. Another Putty drop kicks Billy from behind, flooring him.

Trini blocks a high kick from a Putty, then stabs it in the chest with one of her Daggers. Another Putty runs up and swings a high kick in toward her head. She drops into the splits and stabs the Putty in the crotch. She rolls out of the way of the sparks as the Putty is flipped over onto it’s back.

Jason sweeps a Putty onto its back, then tries to plunge his Sword down into the Putty but it rolls out of the way, swinging it’s fist backward across Jason’s face, knocking him into a somersault. Snizard wraps his arm around Jason’s neck from behind as he recovers, pulling Jason to his feet.

A small group of Putties flip thru the air, drop kicking Zack, Trini, and Billy to the ground.

“You have put up a decent battle, Power Rangers. But the battle ends here. Now, you die!," Snizard hisses.

“I don’t think so!," Jason throws an elbow into the Snizard’s stomach, than uses a back kick to push him further away. “Guys! It’s Morphin’ Time!â€

“Mastodonâ€
“Triceratopsâ€
“Saber-Tooth Tigerâ€
“Tyrannosaurusâ€

Red Ranger turns and slashes Snizard with his morphed Power Sword. The Black, Blue, and Yellow Ranger’s kick up to their feet and lunge at the Putty Patrol who teleport away.

“All right!," Black Ranger exclaims. He and his 2 other teammates regroup with Red Ranger, standing side-by-side as they raise their weapons; prepared to strike.

“You Rangers are ill-prepared to do battle with me and my Zapper Apple!," the Zapper Apple on the monster‘s head glows red, briefly.

“Ultimate Cannon!," Black Ranger flips his Axe around, changing it to cannon-mode.

“Tiger Beam!," Yellow ranger crosses her Dagger’s and releases a large yellow blast as Black Ranger fires several blasts from his cannon. The Snizard hisses as he lowers his head, taking the blasts to his apple as it discharges a deflector shield, redirecting the blasts back at the Ranger’s. They fall back in a shower of sparks.

Aboard Flight 383.

“Oh, gosh. If only this were the Pterodactyl Zord," Kim grabs the steering controls, but knows she is unprepared to handle flying the plane. She activates her communicator. “Kim to Alpha-- Zordon, come in!â€

“Ay Yi Yi, Kimberly! I can hear you, but where are you?," Alpha asks.

“Oh Alpha, I need your help! I’m flying a plane! I mean, I’m trying. I mean--oh gosh! Alpha, I don’t know what I’m doing!â€

“Ay Yi Yi! Kimberly, if your life is in danger just morph out of there!â€

“I can’t. I have plane full of passenger’s here. We’re losing altitude fast and these controls are totally different from the Pterodactyl. It‘s, like, a wheel, not a joystickâ€.

“Kimberly, I am sending a signal to the airport. There will be ambulances waiting when you land. I have initiated an open channel to your communicator. You can speak with me, hands-free. I will instruct you on how to land the plane," Alpha says. “Begin by gently pulling the controls toward youâ€.

Kim does so. “Alpha, it’s working! The plane leveled off," Kim hears the stewardess she threw out of the cockpit banging on the door. Kim ignores her.

“Now, Kimberly, gently turn the wheel. It will take you about 40 seconds to bank at 20 degreesâ€.

“Okay. I’m doing it. Alpha, I’m so scared. I don‘t know if I can do this," Kim confesses.

“You can do anything you set your mind to Kimberly," Alpha assures.

“You’re right. I can do this. I can do this. Yes, I can do thisâ€.

Kim’s mother holds her son close.

“Where’s Kimmy?," Nicky asks.

Another stewardess moves thru the crowd, trying to calm the passengers.

“Excuse me, I think my daughter is in the bathroom. I need to see if she’s all right," Kim’s mother tells the other stewardess.

“Ma’am, please settle down. Remain in your seat and I’ll see if she is okay. I need to make sure everyone is safe here thoughâ€.

“But, I--,â€

“Ma’am, please, take a seatâ€.

“Mommy, don’t leave me!," Nicky cries.

Angel Grove Park West.
The Pacific Heritage Monuments.

Red Ranger and Blue Ranger jump toward Snizard. They strike the monster with their weapons, staggering him in a burst of sparks. Yellow Ranger and Black Ranger jump toward the Snizard. They slash down at him with their weapons, but Snizard high blocks with his Snake Bow, then slashes them in a horizontal strike with the Bow.

“Trini! Zack!," Blue Ranger lifts his Lance as he and Red Ranger charge the monster.

“Tonsil Snakes!," Snizard opens is jaws and projectile vomits 2 snakes that land on Blue and Red Ranger. The snakes wrap around them, constricting them.

“Can’t……breathe," Red Ranger struggles as he drops his Sword and uses both hands to clutch the neck of the snake, holding it away as it fights to reach his neck. Blue Ranger drops his Lance as he struggles with the snake in the same way.

“That’s it! I’m gonna cage this snake for good!," Zack attacks with his Axe. Snizard side-steps a vertical, downward slash from the Axe. Snizard lifts his Bow to strike when he is staggered by the Yellow Ranger who throws her Dagger’s at his back.

Yellow Ranger regroups with Black Ranger. “We have to free Billy and Jason from those snakesâ€.

“Let’s go," Black Ranger says.

“Tonsil Snakes!," Snizard projectile vomits 2 more snakes that entangle the Yellow and Black Ranger’s.

Back in the cockpit…

“I can do this. Yes, I can do this," Kim assures herself.

“Ay Yi Yi! This is horrible!," Alpha shrieks.

“Alpha, you’re scaring me!," Kim cries.

“I am sorry, Kimberly. I was referring to the other Ranger’s who are engaged in battle with Rita’s newest monster! Ay Yi Yiâ€.

“The Ranger’s are losing this battle, Alpha," Zordon says. “The Snizard is proving too powerful and his Zapper Apple is deflecting the Ranger’s energy attacks. They require Kimberly and her archery skills to incapacitate the Snizard by sniping the Zapper Appleâ€.

“Kimberly, you must land the plane soon. You are required to defeat this monster," Alpha explains.

“Oh, great. Now there’s a monster to deal with, too. Have all the demons in hell come to torment me?," Kim asks. She sighs and begins to breathe calmly. “Okay. Alpha, I think I can see the airport. Wait, there‘s the runway!â€

“Good work, Kimberly. You are now ready to land the plane, but you must approach the runway at the proper air speed. Adjust your speed by using the knob marked ‘throttle‘. Now, control your descent by slowly pushing on the controlsâ€.

A voice from an official comes in from the radio. “Flight 383, this is air traffic control. We have been made aware of your situation by a message coming thru on an unknown frequency modulation. If you can hear us, please respondâ€.

“Sorry, too busy to gab into that radio thingy. Okay, Alpha. I’m doing it. Here we go!"

The plane lowers down to the runway. It’s wheels meet the runway as Kim brings the plane to the dock.

Rita’s Moon Palace.
The balcony.

Rita spies on Angel Grove thru the Repulsa-Scope.

“No! That brat Kimberly has saved herself and the humans!," Rita yells. “I can’t allow for her to interfere when we are so close to winning! I am going to flatten that Pink Ranger!â€

Angel Grove Airport.

The passengers exit the plane thru the docking corridor. Kim’s mother kneels down in the airport and hugs her son. Kim is with them.

“See? Everything’s okay now, baby," Kim’s mother assures her son. “Kimberly, I cannot believe what has happened here. You landed the plane yourself? How?â€

“Let’s just say Billy continues to be a positive influence," Kim says. “But, um, there’s some kind of official that needs to take my statement about what happenedâ€.

“Well, let’s go then," Kim’s mom says.

“I want to go home," Nicky says.

“It’s okay, Mom. They said they can drop me off at home after they take my statement. Dad should be here soon. If you guys can get our stuff, you can take Nicky home and I’ll meet you there later," Kim says.

“I don’t know. Do you want me to stay?," Kim’s mom asks.

“It’s totally cool. I’ll see you at home," Kim hugs her mother.

“Okay, then sweetie, we’ll see you at homeâ€.

Kim kneels down and hugs her brother.

“I’ll see you at home, okay?," Kim asks. Nicky nods.

The Command Center.

“Alpha, the Ranger’s need Kimberly now," Zordon says.

“Yes, Zordon. I will contact her nowâ€.

Angel Grove Airport.

Kim runs out of the airport and thru the parking structure to an empty pathway.

“Alpha, I’m down safe and ready to go," Kim says after she opens a channel over her communicator.

“Thank goodness, Kimberly. The Ranger‘s need you now in the Park near the fountain at the Pacific Heritage Monuments," Alpha says.

“What a day. It’s Morphin’ Time! Pterodactyl!â€

Angel Grove Park West.
The Pacific Heritage Monuments.

“I can’t……get it off," Red Ranger holds fast to the snake wrapped around him as he falls to his knees.

“These……snakes……," Yellow Ranger continues to struggle with a snake.

“Can………hardly………move," Blue Ranger still struggles with a snake as well.

“Get it--get it off me," Black Ranger writhes alongside his fallen teammates as he also continues to struggle against a snake’s constriction.

“Ah, sssssuccessss!," Snizard hisses. “You will now fall before the power of the Zapper Apple!," Snizard raises a snake to the apple on his head, and in a charge of energy, the snake’s body stiffens. Snizard loads the arrow into his Snake Bow, drawing it back with the bow string.

“We need Kimberly!," Red Ranger shouts.

“You need a miracle!," Snizard takes aim with his bow and arrow.

Suddenly, the Snake Arrow shatters and the string of the Snake Bow snaps under the sharp edge of an oncoming gray and pink arrow.

“What?!," Snizard looks up thru the towering water jets falling in a line before a tall statue. In front of that statue stands the Pink Ranger, Power Bow in hand.

Pink Ranger performs a kata with her Bow. “Leave my friends alone you snake!â€

“Kim!," Red Ranger shouts.

“The name is Snizard!," the monster yells.

Pink Ranger flips forward. “Yeah, well, I’ll have remember to have that embroidered onto the belt I’m about to turn you into," She runs up to her friends. “Don’t worry guys. I’ll have you free in no timeâ€.

“No! They are mine! You will be, too! Tonsil snakes!," Snizard opens his mouth as snakes begin to protrude from his throat, preparing to be vomited toward Kimberly.

“Sorry, pal. I don’t kiss and tell!," Pink Ranger fires another arrow, destroying the snakes in Snizard’s mouth.

“Pink Ranger! Curse you and your Power Bow! Putty Patrol!â€

The Putty Patrol flood toward the Pink Ranger. She drops the Putties one by one with arrows. More Putties close in around her. She side kicks one in the stomach and back slashes another 2 to the ground in one maneuver with her Bow. A blade-armed Putty slashes at her horizontally but she back flips out of the path of the strike; her swinging legs kicking the Putty in the face. She turns and floors a Putty with a tornado kick, then cuts down another with her Bow.

“Blade Blaster up!," Pink Ranger uses her free hand to draw her Blade Blaster and extends the blade. She cuts a Putty diagonally across the chest, turns and pistol whips another Putty in the face, then knocks it down with an outer-crescent kick. A blade-armed Putty manages to knock her Blade Blaster to the ground. “There’s too many of themâ€.

“Kimberly!," Alpha’s voice comes in over Kim’s communicator. “Remember what you’ve been thru. You have saved the lives of hundreds in one day. Now is the time for you to do the same for your friendsâ€.

“Thanks, Alpha. I know what to do," Kimberly says as she takes her hand away from her communicator and turns to Snizard who slowly approaches her from behind. She turns to her friends and sees the swarm of Putties that separate her from them.

“Ptera Arrow!," Pink Ranger draws back a fiery pink energy arrow and fires. The arrow strikes into the crowd of Putties, shooting a column of pink power upward while releasing a short shockwave of pink power, scattering the Putties in showers of sparks.

Pink Ranger turns to see the Snizard attack her from behind. She somersaults out of the way then recovers and turns toward him with a punch across the head. She grasps tight to her Bow, holding it horizontally as she slams it into his stomach, then lifts it up into his face. She tries to slam him in the stomach again but he grabs the Bow with the snake mouth’s that form his hands.

“You are mine, Pink Ranger!â€

“I don’t think so!," Pink Ranger jumps up, holding the Bow still, and drop kicks Snizard, knocking it away from her as it releases her Bow.

Bow still in hand, Pink Ranger goes into a series of back-handsprings, picking up her fallen Blade Blaster as she continues with the gymnastics layout as it carries her thru the fallen Putties and to her friends. She ends the layout and spins toward her friends, using her Blade Blaster to cut the snakes away.

“Kimberly! You made it!," Yellow Ranger exclaims.

“I was kind of busy, but I’m glad to be here," Kim says.

The Snizard charges toward the Power Rangers.

“Kimberly, aim for the apple on top of his head," Red Ranger orders.

“You’ve got it," Pink Ranger takes aim with her Bow and fires an arrow, sniping the Zapper Apple. Immediately, the Snizard explodes.

Red Ranger steps forward. “Nobody snakes the--,â€

“Power Rangers!," the 5 Ranger’s pose. Victory.

Angel Grove High School.
A new day.
The girls restroom.

Water runs from one of the faucets into Trini’s hands. Her skin tightens at the sensation of the icy cold water. The sensation, the feeling is strong. Unfortunately, Trini’s thoughts are stronger. She thinks about that cold sensation, and is reminded of the fact that Richie will never again be able to experience that sensation in his legs. He’ll ever be able to feel the cold water beneath his feet as he walks along side her on the beach. And in return, Trini feels selfish for also worrying about never being able to have that walk on the beach with Richie ever again.

Trini turns off the faucet and dries her hands, but is unable to stop the flow of water that comes from her eyes. The pain is piercing. She feels it in her chest, and in her heart as well. Almost like a fist of ice reaches into her chest and squeezes at her beating heart. She grabs another paper towel and uses it to dry her eyes.

Hurriedly, Trini exit’s the bathroom and barely enters the hallway before running into the figure of someone taller than her. Trini looks up to find herself staring in Richie’s eyes.

“Richie,†Trini says, in disbelief. “I thought you were--,â€

“Not anymore, Trini. Isn’t that good news?,†Richie asks.

Trini smiles. “Yes,†she says as tears of joy fall from her face.

“Almost to good to be true, huh?,†Richie asks. He smiles down at Trini as she miles in return.

Silence. There is a moment of silence between the 2 and Trini doesn’t feel very pressed to have to stop from just being able to see him be okay again. Still smiling, Richie moves past Trini and enters the girls bathroom.

Trini looks confused. “Uh, Richie, that’s the ladies--,†Trini pushed the door open and enters again. She looks around the cold bathroom to see that it is empty. Whatever was left of her smile had now completely disappeared. Trini looks under the stalls but sees no one’s legs.

Frightened, Trini backs away slowly for the door when she steps into something that causes her to fall backward.

She lands in a wheelchair.

Trini gasps as she jumps up out of the chair and rushes out of the bathroom. The halls are scattered with a few students that Trini pays no mind to as she races thru the halls, unaware of her destination, so long as it is away from where she just was. Trini rushes around a corner and bumps into another figure. This one, however, is shorter and female.

“Trini?,†Ms. Applebee queries.

“Ms. Applebee--I’m sorry--I,â€

“Trini, calm down, it’s okay. Just breathe for a moment,†Ms. Applebee urges as she places a hand on Trini’s arm. Trini does so.

“I’m sorry, Ms. Applebee. I wasn’t watching where I was going,†Trini says as she wipes the tears from her eyes.

Ms. Applebee looks around at the few students that mill about in the halls whose attentions now have been taken by Trini. “Ok, everyone,that’s enough. There’s nothing to see here. Just go about your business,†Ms. Applebee tells the kids. They do so, but not with out their last curious looks over in Trini’s direction. “Trini, listen to me, please. I would really like for you to take the time to see a grief counselor. I really think it could do you some goodâ€.

“No, Ms. Applebee. I said, I’m all right,†Trini says.

“That’s my point. It’s not like you to lie, dear,†Ms. Applebee says.

“What? Ms. Applebee, I said I’m fine, okay? Why does everyone keep insisting something is wrong with me. I’m fine. I’m healthy, I’m breathing, I can stand, I can walk, I can run, I can jump. I’m fine,†Trini insists.

“Trini, please. Come with me now to the office. I‘ll take you there,†Ms. Applebee says as she tries to guide Trini away b the arm.

Trini pulls away from Ms. Applebee‘s grasp. “I, um, have to go- somewhere-I--,†Trini looks away from Ms. Applebee, then turns and begins to walk off before her pace quickens and soon she is sprinting towards the end of the hall out the exit.

Ms. Applebee shakes her head, again left with absolutely nothing to do but watch Trini run away from so many things.

Elsewhere………

A group of cheerleader’s practice a routine together on the football field. Kimberly and Angela are among them. The cheerleader’s finish and Angela goes over to the stereo and turns it off. Angela approaches Kimberly as the rest of the squad mingles, shooting stares in Kim‘s direction.

“So, Kimberly," Angela says.

“So, Angela," Kim responds.

“The whole school’s talking, you know? About you……about Trini," Angela asks.

“About Richie?," Kim asks.

Angela is taken aback by Kim‘s retort. “Some people are saying that, uh, well, they don’t know what to stay reallyâ€.

“But they still talk, right?," Kim asks.

“Yeah," Angela answers.

“I’m not interested in what or whom people are talking about. Unless it‘s how cute my outfits are," Kim says.

“Then what or who are you interested in exactly?â€

“A couple things, actually. Sports. Shopping. My friends," Kim responds.

“Your friends, huh? Anyone I know?," Angela asks.

“You mean, like a certain soon-to-be 16 year-old hottie whose party we’re out here practicing a cheer for?â€

Angela hides her laughter behind a smirk. “Maybeâ€.

“Angela, are you okay? You’re being kind of weird," Kim asks.

“No, I’m fine. I want to get this cheer right. I just don’t what Zack getting the wrong idea about me doing this," Angela answers.

“Um, okayâ€.

“So, friends, huh? You and Zack are just good friends? That’s it?," Angela wonders aloud.

“Uh-huh. Why?â€

“No re€™s the ‘smooth operator’ type of guy," Angela tells Kim.

“And you want to know if Zack might be more than ‘just good friends’ with anyone else?," Kim infers.

“No, of course not. I have zero interest in Zack. I just don’t want him to get any ideas," Angela clarifies.

“I see. Well, the only idea I think we should be worried about Zack getting right now is a notion that we’re pulling this little lunch time rendezvous stunt for him," Kim says.

Angela nods. “I’m not worried. I’m sure you and Trini know how to keep his mind occupiedâ€.

“It’s not her fault, Angela,†Kimberly says frankly.

“Do you really believe that, Kim?,†Angela asks.

“Yeah, I doâ€.

“Why, Kim? Because she’s your friend?â€

“No, because I’m not stupid,†Kim replies.

“Well, if you really think your girl Trini is all that innocent, then you might wanna double-check that fact,†Angela shoots back.

“I know what the facts are, Angela. The facts are that Trini’s a good person, and she’s dealing with enough things on her own without you and the rumor mill sticking your noses in cuz your desperate to get involved in something. Cuz your tired of being left out of other people’s business. Trini and Richie are friends, good friends. You barely even know him, and your coming at me acting like this really isn’t about you and Zack and his friendship with Trini, but instead is about Trini’s friendship with Richie,†Kim says.

“Don’t psychoanalyze me, Kimberly,†Angela retorts. “This has nothing to do with Zack. How many times do I have to say it?â€.

“I don’t know, but when you finally convince yourself that that’s true, let me know so that I can give you your answerâ€.

“Whatever,†Angela responds.

The 2 girls stand in silence as the rest of the squad leaves the field, headed for the locker room’s as some of the girl’s peek over their shoulder’s to look back at Kim.

“Well, we’d better head back I guess," Kim says as she forces a smile.

“Yeah, I guess so," Angela departs for the girls locker room.

Kim watches, confused, as Angela walks away, shaking her head. There appears to be more going on than Angela cares to admit. But Kimberly has been thru a lot lately. The stress of being a Power Ranger seems to be mounting.

Angela was right about there being a lot of talk going on, and Kimberly is confused as to whether or not any of it actually matters. She also wonders what the importance is behind the things that aren’t being talked about. She doesn’t want to worry about it now. She doesn’t need anymore stress. For now all she cares about is relaxing with a nice, warm shower. She heads off the field to indulge herself in just that. Nothing else concerns her……for now.

THE END
 
PROMO - Episode 11

NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS: Episode 11- "DEATH WISH"

Trini tries to set aside her personal issues in hopes of making Zack’s birthday party go as smoothly as possible, however, Rita has other things planned for our heroes. As the Ranger’s fall one by one, the Earth falls closer and closer to the might of Rita Repulsa. Can Zack keep Angel Grove safe from Rita’s latest attack? Will Trini find the closure she needs to gain peace of mind, or will she be consumed by the waking nightmares stemming from a guilty conscience? Find out next time on the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation.
 
Episode 11: "DEATH WISH"

DEATH WISH

Angel Grove High School.
The gymnasium.

Music fills the building as Zack sits, dancing in a chair decorated like a throne, a crown set on his head, a cape draped over his shoulder’s, his lips arched in a smile with a party favor held between his teeth. Beside him, the cheerleading squad finishes performing a routine in celebration of Zack’s birthday as the students invited to the event sit, stand, dance and sing on the bleachers; many wearing festive, cone shaped hats and holding balloons.

The students all rise to their feet and cheer as the cheerleaders pose at the end of their routine, everyone clapping and yelling “Happy Birthday, Zack-Man," and throwing balloons into the air.

The bell to class rings and the party-goers respond, disappointed with a resounding “Awww," spoken almost in unison.

Trini grabs Zack, with a microphone in her other hand and leads him in front of the crowd as she seaks into the microphone. “Well, I guess this is the end of our brief celebrationâ€. The crowd again responds with a united “Awwwâ€.

“But only for now, guys. There’s still a lot of celebration left in honor of our one and only Zack-man. Remember, all of you are invited to the private party tonight at the Juice Bar," Trini says. The crowd replies with elation.

Trini hands the microphone to Zack, who pulls the party favor from his mouth to speak. “Thanks, everyone. This was awesome. I definitely didn’t see this coming. You sure know how to make a guy feel loved. Just remember to show up at the Gym & Juice Bar tonight otherwise you’re not gonna like what I wish for when it’s time to blow out my candles. Now go get an educationâ€.

The crowd laughs and applauses as Kim and Trini lean in on either side of Zack and give him a kiss on his cheeks. Angela watches from behind with a look of discontent. Her stare is so cold and spiteful that it‘s almost too unbelievable that no one would notice. The crowd departs, many of the students coming down to hug and shake hands with Zack.

Zack turns to see Angela grab her duffle bag and walk out one of the back doors. He jogs out of the gym to catch up to her. “Hey, Angela, where’s the fire?â€

Angela doesn’t even bother to stop and face Zack as she gives her response. “Sorry, Zack. A girl’s got to go and get an education, remember?â€

“Whoa. Are you really ticked cuz of that comment? Cuz that was directed at you. I was talking to everyone,†Zack says.

“Really? Cuz it looked more like Kimberly and Trini were the one’s getting all your attention in there,†Angela replies as she continues walking away.

Zack catches up and walks beside her. “Yeah, okay, um, well, an education is important. But, uh, so is my party tonight. You’re going to be able to make it, right?â€

Angela sighs as she stops walking. “I don’t know, Zack. I’ve got a lot of homework and other things I need to take care ofâ€.

“All right. I understand. But it won’t be much of a party if you’re not going to be thereâ€.

“I--I don’t know," Angela says.

“That’s cool. Just promise me you’ll think about it?â€

The bell for the start of class rings.

“All right. I’ll think about it. But I got to say, making a girl late for homeroom isn’t exactly a great way to convince meâ€.

“Sorry. Maybe if I’m a good boy for the rest of the day, you’ll let me make it up to you?," Zack queries as he lifts her hand and kisses it.

“Don’t get your hopes up," Angela smirks as she pulls her hand away and wipes it on his shirt.

“Aww, that hurts, girl," Zack says as he clutches his chest.

“Good. Now, I got to goâ€.

“All right. Just remember: think about it," Zack says as he backs away.

Angela lifts her hand to her forehead and salutes as Zack departs. She shakes her head as she finds herself unable to keep from smiling.

Trini exits the gym from the left side, away from all the other students that leave thru the right side of the gym which leads out near the school's squad. She doesn't look anywhere near as happy as she seemed to be during Zack's lunchtime birthday celebration. She trudges across the walk way before leaning up against the side wall of the gym with her back. She takes a deep breathe and exhales, hoping to relieve some tension.

"Trini?," Kim's voice startles Trini some.

"Kim," Trini stands up straight, caught off guard by Kim's appearance.

"Trini, are you feeling all right?," Kim asks, still dressed in her cheerleading outfit, and holding a duffle bag with both hands.

Trini closes her eyes briefly and yawns. "I'm good. I just didn't get much sleep last night".

Kim sets down her bag, looking concerned. "Is something wrong?"

"No, Kimberly. I told you, I'm good".

"This isn't about Richie, is it?"

"What makes you say that?," Trini asks.

"Because...of what happened. I know people are talking. And I know it's rough, but Richie's gonna get thru this. So are you. You're a good friend, and I know Richie feels the same way. Jason, myself, Zack, Billy, we can all help him to handle this. But I think he'll need you for that, too," Kim says.

Trini shakes her head. "I think I've done enough for Richie".

"Trini, you didn't do anything," Kim insists.

"I know, Kim. And that's the problem," Trini turns to walk away but Kimberly picks up her duffle bag and races around to block Trini's path.

"Trini, don't beat yourself up about this. You've got real enemies trying to do enough of that for you. Trini, I want you and me to talk about this," Kim grabs Trini's hand. "We'll go to the library and sort thru this mess. I really think it'll help for you to talk--,"

Trini pulls her hand away from Kim's. "I said I'm fine, Kim".

Kimberly is taken aback by Trini's surprising crudeness.

Trini sighs. "Everyone keeps telling me that I need to talk about 'this'....but there is no 'this'. I'm fine. Really, I am. Richie's the one who will never be able to walk again, but people are treating me like I'm broken. I'm not".

"I know that, Trini. But I want you to feel--,"

"Kimberly, please,†Trini shakes her head. “Don't do this. Don't make me feel like I have some kind of sickness I need to be treated for, okay?"

Kimberly isn't sure how to respond, but tries anyway. "Um, okay then. So, um, I just--uh, I was just worried is all. I didn't mean to make you feel like you have something wrong with you. But Trini, please, if you need to talk about anything, anytime, I don't care if it's 3 A-freakin'-M, please just call me, okay? Or if it'll make you feel better, please, please see one of the counselors on campus. Okay?"

Trini smiles, then nods. "Okay, Kim".

"Look, we're already late for class. I gotta jet to make it to Mr. Davis' class. I'll see you after school? I can help you pick out something for Zack's party," Kim almost sings her last sentence, trying to tempt Trini.

Trini laughs. "Okay".

"Okay. I'll see you later," Kim and Trini kiss each other on the cheeks, then Kim departs, duffle bag in hands.

Trini sighs. She closes her eyes as she massages her temples, trying to relieve some of the tension. It isn’t often, or ever really, that Trini finds herself in any kind of stand of with Kim, but the last thing she wants is to have to dwell on the matter anymore. She would like for nothing else but to have this school day over so she can go home and rest before tonight‘s party. She turns and walks around the corner of the gym to head to class, but stops when a tall figure stands in her path. She looks up to see who it is.

"Richie," Trini gasps.

"Sorry, am I in your way?," Richie asks.

Trini steps to the side and tries to walk around Richie but he side steps into her path.

"You're not Richie," Trini insists, unsure of who she‘s trying to convince.

"What makes you say that? Trini, I'm the same guy that has feelings for you. I'm the same guy you told you'd never want to be with him. What, I don't look like me? Well, does this help?," Richie falls down to the floor, as though no longer able to stand.

Trini steps around him. With her back toward the quad, backing up slowly as Richie begins to crawl toward her, agonizing.

"Trini...please...help me," Richie calls out in a strained voice. Trini's eyes go wide with horror as she notices the trail of blood left behind Richie as he crawls toward her. "This isn't real. It’s-it’s got to be Rita. I know this isn't real," Trini tries to convince herself.

She closes her eyes, repeating the words to herself again and again. She is even more horrified when she opens her eyes to see Richie still there, crawling even closer to her now. He crawls up to her and grabs her by the legs of her yellow pants. Blood smudges them.

"No," Trini protests. She closes her eyes and shakes her head, trying to shake the images. Trini then opens her eyes to see that she is alone. The trail of blood is gone. She looks down at her pants to see that there is no longer any blood on her pants. She tries to catch her breath. "What's happening to me?"

The Moon.
Rita’s Palace.

Baboo and Squatt stand on the balcony as Rita watches Earth thru her Repulsa-Scope. Goldar enters and Rita turns away from the scope to address him.

“Well?," Rita asks.

“I regret to inform you that Finster has been unsuccessful in locating a spell in the book to catalyze the power of the Crystal," Goldar says.

“Great! Isn’t that just perfect?!," Rita shrieks.

“I don’t get it," Squatt whines.

“Me either," Baboo says. “If the Crystal’s power was inaccessible, why would Madam Woe have bothered engraining the Ranger’s metaphysical energy patterns into the crystals energy matrix? Besides, Empress Rita, you’re so powerful, you don’t even need Madam Woe’s crystalâ€.

“Stop sucking up, you twit! You may be a skilled chemist, Baboo, but you are no warlock," Goldar growls.

“Forget about the book! If we have nothing on record that’ll help us, then I’ll have to come up with something myself," Rita says.

“I have no doubts that you possess the ability to do so, Mistress," Goldar bows.

“Oh, now who’s sucking up?," Baboo asks.

Goldar growls at Baboo, causing him to jump. “At any rate, Rita, Finster has received a communication via Lokar’s crystalâ€.

“Aww, cripes, not another crystal to deal with," Rita mutters.

“The Nasty Knight will be arriving shortly to act as you dictate," Goldar says.

“The Nasty Knight? Finally, some good news! The Nasty Knight is a valuable warrior. He did that job for us on Tarmac 3 just before he made space dust of the finest warrior’s in the tournament of champion’s 13,000 years ago out on KO-35. Now that I think of it, it would make a rather special gift for that chipper chump Zack, the Black Ranger," Rita states.

“An excellent idea, Empress! You are a genius!," Squatt exclaims. Baboo and Goldar stare him down. “What? I want to be a suck up, too!â€

“Silence, all of you!," Rita insists. “Now, it may be that Power punk’s birthday, but it looks like my wish is going to be the one that comes true!"

Angel Grove Community Hospital.

Richie sits on the edge of his hospital bed. He leans forward, reaching to his feet in a struggle to tie his shoes.

“Let me help you with that, son," his father says.

“No, Dad, it’s okay. I can do this," Richie says.

His 7 year old sister stands before him, looking up at her older brother. She sniffles. “Are you--are you okay now, Richie?," she asks, worried.

Richie finally finishes tying his shoe. “Yeah, Sylvia. I’m okayâ€. He reaches out and pinches her cheek.

A knock on the open door calls Richie, Sylvia and their father’s attentions.

“Am I interrupting?," Jason asks as he enters.

“Jason?," Richie expresses surprise, both by the look on his face and the tone of his voice, as his father helps him into a wheelchair.

“Hello, sir," Jason reaches to shake Richie’s father’s hand.

“Hi, Sylvia," Jason says as he winks down at Richie’s sister, giving her a smile, too. Sylvia hides behind her father, looking down as she blushes.

“Dad, can you and Sylvia wait for me in the car?," Richie asks.

“I should wait here for you, son".

“It’s okay. Jason can take me to the parking lot in a minute, right?," Richie asks as he turns to Jason.

“Yeah, of course," Jason answers. He looks to Richie’s dad, who nods.

“Come along Sylvia," he says as he leads her out of the room. She pulls away and runs to Richie, giving him a hug and a kiss on the cheek. Richie smiles as the girl runs back to leave with her father.

“So, going home today. That’s good news," Jason says.

“Yeah, it is," Richie responds. There is a moment of silence. “So, um, did you come, you know, alone?â€

“Yeah. Zack’s out for an early dinner with his family, and Kim, Billy and Trin--I mean, the others are back at the Youth Center prepping for Zack’s party later tonightâ€.

“Oh, that’s right. I’m sorry I couldn’t be there for the lunch time soirée," Richie says.

“That’s okay. It was pretty fun. Just short. Listen, I did come to see if you were okay, and I’m glad you are, but I also came to ask how you feel about--," Jason is interrupted.

“About Trini? Did she ask you to come here and see how I was?," Richie shakes his head. “I don’t understand that girl. I tried to tell her how I felt and she just left me hanging. She knows what she does to me, Jasonâ€.

“Richie, I was just wondering how you’d feel about--," Jason is interrupted again.

“And she said herself that she wanted to stay friends-good friends. Well, apparently good friends can’t give each other the time of day. Apparently, good friends aren’t supposed to talk to each other. Apparently, good friends can’t even stop by to ask how you’re doing. Present, company excluded of course," Richie goes on.

“Uh, Richie?," Jason asks.

“Oh, uh, yeah Jason?â€

“Actually, I just wanted to ask if you felt well enough to come to Zack’s party tonightâ€.

“Ohâ€.

Outside the hospital.

Jason stands in the parking lot and waves as Richie, Sylvia and their father pull out and drive away in a tan colored van when Jason’s communicator suddenly sounds off. He looks around for a private location, and finds one behind the main hospital building. He races over, and answers the call. “This is Jasonâ€.

“Jason, I am glad I reached you," Alpha says.

“What’s up, Alpha?â€

“The computer’s detected an abnormal particulate energy formation in the woods outside of Angel Groveâ€.

“The place where they’re doing the lumbering later today?," Jason recalls.

“Yes. Ay Yi Yi. I contacted Billy, Kimberly and Trini to investigate. They have been ambushed by Puttiesâ€.

“Where’s Zack?," Jason asks.

“He is with his family and indisposed for the momentâ€.

“Did you send me the coordinates?".

“Yes. The coordinates have been downloaded to youâ€.

“Good. I’m on my way thenâ€.

“Good luck, Jason".

“Thanks, Alpha," Jason activates the teleportation sequence manually and disappears in a streak of red light.

The woods outside of Angel Grove.

Billy, Trini and Kimberly race thru the tight confines of the tall trees. Putties flip and swing thru the trees toward them, leaping down and tackling the 3 Ranger’s mid-run. The 3 teens roll thru the dirt and shrubbery with their assailants.

Kim rolls backward off of her hands and lands on her feet as a Putty jump kicks toward her. It hits her stomach, knocking her back up against a tree. It stabs at her with its blade-arm but she moves in time for the blade to stick in the tree. It’s arm facing elbow up, the Putty tries to pull away as Kim brings her elbow down hard on the Putty’s, severing the arm in 2 as pieces of clay crumble down form the break. Kim slams her elbow into the Putty’s chest, then follows with a front kick to the stomach, knocking it backward.

Two Putties grab Billy by the arms and pull his back up against a tree, pinning him to it. Another Putty runs at Billy, ready to punch but Billy throws a jump kick to repel it. Billy throws a side kick at one of his captors, knocking it off balance long enough for Billy to pull it face first into the tree behind him. The Putty falls as Billy grabs his other captor and swings him around, and into another tree.

Particles of red energy sweep across the top of the trees above the teens, almost like a cloud.

“This is very odd," Billy says as he ducks a kick from a Putty.

Trini catches a Putty’s punch, swings it’s arm up away from it’s body, and brings her elbow into it’s side. She lifts her right knee to it’s chest and back hands it across the face. Trini then throws a left high kick into the face of a another charging Putty.

“Billy," Trini begins as she blocks another Putty’s punch and hit’s it across the face with a spinning back fist. “You should teleport to the Command Center to help with an analysis of this energy formationâ€.

Billy avoids a punch by moving behind a tree, and comes back around toward the Putty with a front kick. “Will you 2 be all right?â€

A Putty chases Kim toward a tree. She jumps up and back flips off of the tree. The maneuver carries her over the Putty who runs full speed into the tree. Kim lands behind the Putty, hooks her arm around the front of it’s neck and floors it with a hip toss. “It’s okay, Billy. Jason will be here soonâ€.

“I suppose I should go then. Please, act with caution," Billy activates his communicator and teleports away in a blue streak.

Angel Grove.
The Taylor residence.

The front door opens and Zack, his father and mother enter his house.

“Whoo-boy, that’s the last time we let you choose the restaurant you want to celebrate your birthday at," Zack’s father says.

“Hey, ain’t a darn thing wrong with a plate of liver. It‘s good protein," Zack says.

“Zack, I don’t know where you picked up a taste for liver but it sure wasn’t from me," Zack’s mother states.

Zack’s communicator sounds off.

“What the heck was that?," Zack’s father asks.

Zack is quick to come up with an answer. “Just my alarm. I got to get going to the Juice Barâ€.

“This early?," Zack’s father asks.

“Hey, you know I like to be original. Fashionably earlyâ€.

“Do you need a ride?," his father asks.

“No, thanks. I want to walk off some of that liverâ€.

“Okay, but you better behave yourself," Zack’s mother warns.

“But of course," Zack leaves thru the front door, closing it behind him, then runs off.

Zack runs to a site near his neighborhood where new houses are being built. He leans with his back up against a wooden construct that will eventually serve as the framework for the house. He activates his communicator. "This is Zack. What's up, doc?"

"Zachary," Zordon's voice comes back over the communicator. "Your teammates require your assistance in the woods, just outside of Angel Grove where a peculiar energy formation is--wait,"

"What is it, Zordon?," Zack asks, conveying concern thru his tone of voice.

"Zachary, it is Goldar!"

"Where?," Zack asks.

"Behind you!," Zordon replies.

Zack turns and ducks just as Goldar chops thru the woodwork Zack was leaning on only seconds before. Zack somersaults to the side of Goldar and recovers. "Oh yeah. Just what I wished for at the restaurant".

"How fitting, Black Ranger. Because I am here to make good on your death wish!," Goldar charges, as does Zack. Goldar swings his sword toward Zack's knees. Zack somersaults over the blade and recovers onto his feet.

"You're too slow, Goldar," Zack taunts.

"That is because I intend for your death to be slow and agonizing, human," Goldar growls in a frightening tone. Goldar suddenly flips forward, slashing downward at Zack who narrowly avoids the attack by somersaulting to the side of it. Zack immediately spins into a sweep, but Goldar's mass proves to be too much. Zack's sweeping leg is halted behind Goldar's thick, gilded calves.

Goldar shoots a side kick down at Zack, who rolls backward, standing on his hands before standing on his feet. Goldar throws his leg up at Zack who tries to block the kick with both hands, only partially successful. The weakened momentum behind Goldar's kick still manages to batter Zack to the ground, sending him rolling across the dirt.

"Happy Birthday, Ranger," Goldar slides one claw over his blade, charging it with fire power.

"Uh-oh," Zack looks around to see the coast is clear and pulls his morpher from his back pocket. "Mastodon!"

Zack morphs into Ranger form just in time to take the majority of the raining discharges from Goldar's sword, jettisoning him backward thru the air in a shower of sparks that emit from his suit as well as the ground around where he stood.

The woods outside of Angel Grove.

A streak of red energy deposits Jason into the woods just in time to brawl.

Jason avoids a Putty’s tornado kick with a back handspring. The Putty lunges toward him with it’s sphere-shaped fist. Jason somersaults to the side of the Putty and floors it with a sweep. He stares down at the fallen Putty as he rises to his feet, when suddenly he is thrown forward into a somersault by an attack from behind. Jason recovers and reaches up to his back, feeling the shredded fabric of his shirt moistened by his own blood while, in the foreground, a human looking hand drips with blood from it's feminine fingernails. Jason looks up and assumes a fight stance as he finds himself face to face with...

"Rita!"

"Hello again, Jason. Can I give you hand? Oh, wait--it seems somebody already has," Rita's calm voice shifts into a maddening cackle momentarily. Rita is then silent as she stares at Jason with a blatant hatred. She swings her arm down, whipping the blood off her hand and splattering it onto the ground, then marches forward toward Jason and spits on the ground.

"Human. Human blood. Disgusting. All of you. You humans are reprehensible. I won't be satisfied until you are all dead. Just another race of beings I will have cleansed this place of. Your epitaph's will be my victory song. Daggers of Mars, to arms!," Rita closes in on Jason as she raises her hand to the air, her fingernails glowing red. Before Rita makes it to Jason, Kimberly jumps in front of him with her hands outstretched at her sides to shield Jason behind her. The opposition brings Rita into a fit of mad laughter.

"Laughter? How totally human of you, which is funny considering how much you hate them. Or should I say us?," Kim asks as she assumes a fight stance.

Rita breathes deep and heavily thru gritted teeth. "You dare compare my livelihood, my existence to the wretchedness that is human nature?"

"Oh, we dare, witch," Trini's voice calls Rita's attention. Rita turns 180 degrees and glares at Trini who approaches slowly in a fight stance of her own, stepping over a fallen Putty. Trini is startled when the Putty quickly reaches up and grabs her by the ankle. She looks down to find her leg being held onto, not by a Putty, but by Richie. “Noâ€.

“Trini……I didn’t deserve this. Why would you let this happen to me?,†Richie asks from his position on the ground.

“You’re not Richie!,†Trini shouts.

“Trini?!,†Kim calls out, worried.

Richie pleads for an answer. “What did I do……to make you hate me so much?â€

She digs deep. For strength, Trini digs deep within her self. Something here is real, and deep down Trini knows what it is. It’s the trouble. She turns her attention back to Rita, reassuming a fight stance. "Whatever you're up to is going to end……right here and right now".

"I don't think so," Rita taps the bottom of her wand on the ground once, causing the orb on her wand to flash quickly as a field of red energy bursts outward from around her, knocking down Trini, Kim and Jason.

"Time to end this, witch!," Trini and Kim get to their feet and rush Rita at either side.

Rita laughs and raises her wand to the air. "Empoc Nor!," Rita yells.

Instantaneously, a large portion of the red haze of energy particles moving about the tree tops darts downward, infusing Kim and Trini's bodies with red light as it slams them into 2 tree's, literally. The 2 tree's glow for a moment, then the light dies out, sealing Kim and Trini magically within.

"No!," Jason shouts as he lunges toward Rita.

He throws a punch at her but she side steps the strike, twisting her wand upward, slamming the top of it into Jason's stomach. Jason stumbles backward some as Rita swings her wand at him horizontally, striking him across the face, and throwing him into a somersault. Rita discharges an electrical power from her fingertips at Jason who flips over the power and kicks off of a tree, hurling himself toward Rita.

"Again! Empoc Nor!," Rita raises her wand again, pulling down more of the energy cloud into Jason, charging him with magic energy as he is thrown down against the base of a tree. The energy seals him inside the tree.

The Command Center.

Billy moves from console to console, flipping switches and pressing buttons.

"Ay Yi Yi, no!," Alpha cries. Billy turns to Alpha who stands monitoring the Viewing Globe, watching Jason be sealed away within the tree. "Jason is gone now, too!"

"That does it. I have to get back out there. I shouldn't have left in the first place," Billy says as he reaches behind him for his morpher.


“William, wait," Zordon commands. “Together, Jason, Kimberly, and Trini were unable to defend against their imprisonment. But, at the moment, it is Zachary who requires you’re assistance in battling Goldarâ€.

“Acknowledged. It’s Morphin’ Time! Triceratops!â€

Angel Grove.
The construction site.

Goldar swings his sword toward the Black Ranger who raises his Power Axe, the blades of both weapons connecting in a shower of sparks. The 2 fighters pull away from each other.

“You don’t stand a chance, Black Ranger," Goldar says.

“Perhaps now would be a good time then for someone to intervene," Blue Ranger stands in a fight stance as Goldar turns to face him.

“Billy, good to see you, man," Black Ranger says, posing with his Axe.

“Likewise. What do you say we give this perpetrator a taste of our power?," Blue Ranger asks.

“Sounds good to me. Flame Blaster’s up!," Black Ranger and Blue Ranger draw their side arms, convert them to Blaster mode and take aim. “Make a wish, Goldar!â€

“Another time, Rangers!," Goldar raises his sword to the sky and teleports away in an eruption of flame.

The 2 Ranger’s holster their side arms as Blue Ranger runs over to Black Ranger. “Zack, I’m glad you’re okay," Blue Ranger says.

“Yeah, thanks to you," Black Ranger extols.

“Unfortunately, the same can’t be said for the others," Blue Ranger shakes his head.

“What do you mean?â€

“After they defeated the Putties, Rita used her magic to seal them within 3 of the trees in the wooded area outside of Angel Grove East that will soon be knocked down in the lumbering project," Blue Ranger explains.

“Aww, man. We’d better get back to the Command Center and come up with a game plan," Black Ranger says.

“Right, Zack," Blue Ranger and Black Ranger clutch the morpher’s on their belt’s and teleport away.

The Command Center.

The Blue and Black Ranger’s stand together before Zordon, holding their helmet’s at their sides.

“I can’t believe this is happening. Today of all days," Zack says.

“It is unfortunate that this has occurred," Zordon agrees.

Billy is disappointed with himself again. “This is my fault. If I didn’t leave the battle to pretend like I could do any good here, Kimberly, Trini and Jason would still be with usâ€.

Zack finds himself placing a comforting hand on Billy’s shoulder once again. “Billy, man, don’t fret over this. Goldar tramples us every time he shows his ugly hide. Rita has to be, like, 50 times more powerful. There’s not much else that could have been doneâ€.

“Zachary, is correct," Zordon says. “And though the situation is bad, it is because of your efforts that we will be able to prevailâ€

“What do you mean, Zordon?," Billy asks.

Alpha approaches. “The search algorithm you proposed based on the frequency harmonics of the analysis I made during Mayor Carrington’s abduction was successful in pinpointing a baseline denominator in the transkinetic polarization of the energy cloud Rita manifested in the woodsâ€.

“OK, what the devil did you just say?," Zack asks.

“We have discovered a pattern in the energy expenditure that sealed away your teammates," Zordon clarifies.

“Because of you, Billy," Alpha adds.

Billy smiles. He moves over to the computer’s and begins typing into one of the terminals.

“So, what can we do?," Zack asks.

“Remember the molecular decoders we used to break into Rita’s Dark Dimension?â€

Zack nods. “Yeahâ€.

“We should be able to use those to extract the other Ranger’s energy pattern’s from the magic energy being used to keep them sealed within the tree’s," Billy explains. “They’re back at my garageâ€.

“Excellent," Zack comments.

Just then, the Command Center’s alarms go off.

“Ay Yi Yi! The tactical alert!," Alpha observes.

“Check this out," Zack points to the Viewing Globe as he, Billy and Alpha approach the visual display.

“Rita has sent down her Nasty Knight. He is wreaking havoc at the pier in Angel Grove West," Zordon reports.

“By the time we teleport to Billy’s, get to the woods, set up the decoder’s, then wait for them to take effect, the Nasty Knight could cause a whole lot of damage. Alpha, I think you should hang with Billy, get the decoders and fire them up in the woods," Zack says.

“Ay Yi Yi. That sounds dangerous," Alpha worries.

“I concur," Billy adds.

“I am not sure you will be able to fight the Nasty Knight on your own, Zachary," Zordon says.

“Listen, I’m not telling you I’m going to take him on and take him out. I’m just going to keep him from making a mess downtown, and keep him out of your guys’ hair while you work on extracting the other Ranger’s from those tree’s," Zack explains.

Billy and Alpha look to each other with concern.

“Come on, guys. You know I’m right. And, anyways, we don’t have a lot of time to dispute," Zack says. "You in, Billy?," he asks.

"Your prowess and agility would give you a certain edge in an effort to evade and outmaneuver Rita's monster," Billy reasons.

"Good. You guys get to Billy's lab, then take care of things in the woods. I'm gonna show the Nasty Knight some of the moves I'll be breaking out tonight at my party. And Jason, Kim, and Trini will be there to celebrate," Zack says confidently.

"May the Power protect you, Zachary," Zordon says.

"Thanks. Now, I'm heading back into action!," Zack clutches the morpher on his belt and teleports away.

Angel Grove Harbor.

The Nasty Knight holds his sword out before him; an ornate black shield decorated with 3 gilded lion plaques rests in his other hand. What few citizens occupied the pier moments ago now run away from the black armored monster whose blade begins to glow.

A mother hurries her 2 sons into her car, parked at a curb. She looks back at the monster as she climbs in herself, closes the door and tries frantically to start the car. She watches the monster, whose image rises up in the reflection of her driver-side window.

"No!!!," she shrieks as she fumbles to start the vehicle. The Nasty Knight lifts his sword and aims it at the vehicle, releasing a fleet of fiery blue energy charges.

Just before the blasts meet their target, however, purple energy consumed by black flames rushes in and intercepts. The energy collision releases a short burst of power and sparks.

The car speeds away as the Nasty Knight turns to his left where
Black Ranger stands holding his Axe in Cannon mode. "Looks like we've got a problem. Here's the solution!"

Black Ranger fires another round of black fire power at the Knight, who raises his shield. The Knight stumbles backward some as the black, fiery energy charges are deflected off the shield and back toward the Black Ranger.

"So, that's how you wanna play, huh?," Black Ranger shifts his cannon back to Axe mode and breaks into a sprint, headed toward his own oncoming energy blasts. They close in as he leaps into the air, performing a full-twist that carries him over the blasts. He lands with a drop-kick against the Nasty Knight, staggering him.

With the monster's balance wavered, Black Ranger hops forward, striking forth with his Axe. The Knight lifts his sword, blocking the Axe attack. He kicks Black Ranger in the stomach, throwing him backwards several yards. Black Ranger uses his Axe for leverage as he lifts himself to his feet. The Nasty Knight's sword charges again with blue fire power. He aims toward the Black Ranger who barely manages to back flip out of the way of the blasts as they burst thru the front window of a nearby business.

"So much for keeping this guy from causing any damage," Black Ranger mutters.

The woods.

A streak of blue light lands beside a burst of white, electric-line energy, manifesting into the Blue Ranger and Alpha 5. They each hold one of the molecular decoders.

“Ay Yi Yi. This is heavy," Alpha remarks.

“Come on. Let’s get these set up. Those are the 3 trees containing Jason, Trini and Kimberly. Since they are lined up somewhat, we should be able to perform this action in one attempt by aligning the decoders at each side of the two side-most trees," Blue Ranger says as he carries one of the decoders to it’s designated location.

Alpha carries the other device over to it’s required position. “I linked the Command Center’s teleportation unit to my computer core. I can induce the annular confinement beam from my own terminalâ€.

“Great. Now, we should hurry before Rita decides to pay another visit. It is curious that, according to the computers, the energy Rita used to seal the other Ranger’s shared the same energies used by Madam Woe when she captured the other Ranger’s in her dimension. In order to properly utilize that energy, Rita would have to be in the environment in which she chooses manipulate," Blue Ranger explains.

“Ay Yi Yi. The thought of encountering Rita Repulsa once again makes my circuits crawlâ€.

“Try to think positive, Alpha," Blue Ranger advises. “If we can hurry with--,â€

In an instant, a blast of energy explodes over Blue Ranger’s chest, hurling him across the ground. The molecular decoder he held falls over.

“Ay Yi Yi! Billy!," Alpha cries. He turns to see Goldar move in, sword poised before him. Goldar turns to Alpha and makes his approach. Alpha shakes as Goldar stands before him, lowering his face down so close that his breath fogs up Alpha’s helmet.

Goldar snarls. “You’re next, tin canâ€.

“You don’t scare me, you-you…big gold gorilla," Alpha fronts.

“That would sound more convincing, robot, if you weren’t trembling while you said it," Goldar laughs menacingly.

“I’m warning you, Goldar. B-back away before you get hurt," Alpha warns.

Goldar just laughs. He reaches forward with a clawed finger.

“Do not t-touch me," Alpha warns again.

Goldar reaches forward with his claw. “Touch," he antagonizes as he touched the tip of his claw to Alpha’s metal head. But, immediately, Goldar yells out in pain as the small knob atop Alpha’s helmet flashes briefly, and from the helmet, electricity pours into Goldar’s body. Sparks fly.

“Yellow alert! Raising shields!," Alpha taps several buttons on his chest plate and his body projects a field of energy outward, throwing Goldar away from him in a greater display of sparks. The field settles around Alpha, the 3 trees, the decoders and Blue Ranger as he climbs to his feet.

“Billy, are you okay?," Alpha worries.

“I’m okay. Thanks, Alpha. But, what about him?," Blue Ranger asks, gesturing to Goldar with his head as he lifts the fallen molecular decoder back into position.

“He is stunned. Hopefully we can finish here before he rises," Alpha hopes.

“Let’s hurry," Blue Ranger says.

“I suggest you do……Ranger," Goldar climbs wearily back to his feet and retrieves his fallen sword. Goldar then aims his free hand toward Alpha and fires electrical power at him. Alpha’s shield becomes visible as it struggles to protect against the power.

“Ay Yi Yi, Billy! I’m afraid my shields won’t last long against this kind of power," Alpha warns as he dials into the molecular decoder he holds.

Angel Grove Harbor.

An explosion reaches up from under the Black Ranger as he manages to flip up out of the way just in time.

“I gotta burn this guy out before he burns me out," Black Ranger says. He looks down the pier to the light post standing near the end of the pier.

Black Ranger turns to see the Nasty Knight approaching. “You want me, ugly? Come and get me!," Black Ranger runs down toward the end of the pier as the Nasty Knight follows. He reaches the light post.

“Come on! You want me? I’m right here!," Black Ranger shifts his Axe back to cannon mode and fires a blast that the Nasty Knight deflects into the air with his shield. The monster charges forward.

“That’s right," Black Ranger coaxes as the monster charges forward. The Nasty Knight raises his sword and lunges forward with it at the Black Ranger who performs a full-twist that carries him over the monster. Black Ranger lands behind the monster and fires point blank into it’s back, knocking it forward toward the edge of the pier.

“That’s what I’m talking about," Black Ranger rushes over to the light post and fires multiple times, point blank at the base of it. Sparks fly as metal breaks away. Black Ranger turns to see the monster climb slowly to it’s feet.

“Come on. Come on!," Black Ranger continues to fire. He looks up to see the monster begin a slow approach toward him.

“Not this time, Nasty Knight!†Black Ranger switches the cannon back to Axe mode, raises it high and brings it down into the damaged base of the light post, cutting deep into it. The light post slowly drops and Black Ranger throws a spinning heel-kick to give it momentum.

The Nasty Knight charges his sword but is too late. The light post drops hard, slamming down onto the monster as it busts thru the pier, taking the Nasty Knight down with it.

“Yeah!," Black Ranger cries out. His communicator sounds off. “I’m hereâ€.

“Zachary, you are needed in the woods yet again. William and Alpha are under attack by Goldar," Zordon notifies.

“Gotcha. Aww, man, I’m so hyped! Watch out, Goldar!," Black Ranger reaches for his morpher and teleports away.

The woods.

Goldar’s sword stands with it’s blade in the ground as Goldar stands beside it, both arms raised, emitting electrical blasts that fight against Alpha 5’s shield while he and Blue Ranger type into the consoles on the molecular decoders.

“Just a couple more seconds before we reach full capacity," Blue Ranger says as the 3 trees containing his friends begin to flash red.

“My shields! They cannot handle much more of Goldar’s power! Ay Yi Yi!," Alpha cries.

“Yes! Realize the doom of your fate as it bleeds beneath my crushing might!," Goldar growls as he continues blasting away. Alpha’s shields flicker. “Yes! This is the end--,â€

Suddenly Goldar’s blasts cease as the alien is tackled to the ground at full force. Goldar and the Black Ranger roll across the dirt.

“Zack! You’re here!," Alpha observes excitedly.

“This is it! We’ve reached peak efficiency!," Billy says.

Goldar and the Black Ranger rise to their feet. Black Ranger holds his Axe forward, ready to do battle. “You’re not a threat to us anymore, Goldar!â€

“Initiating annular confinement beam, now!," Alpha taps into his chest plate. The decoders let out shimmering pulses of energy from it’s forked ends. The trees glow strong with red light. The lights change color; 2 of the tree’s becoming either yellow or pink.

Black Ranger swings his Axe at Goldar who dives to the side in a somersault, recovering near his sword. He pulls the sword out of the ground, drags his claw over the blade, infusing it with fire power, and turns to aim it at the tree’s just as the red, yellow and pink lights burst forward toward him, knocking him back as the lights manifest into Jason, Trini and Kimberly.

“No!," Goldar cries.

“Yes, Goldar! It’s Morphin’ Time!," Jason shouts.

“Pterodactyl!â€
“Saber-Tooth Tiger!â€
“Tyrannosaurus!â€

“Rangers! Welcome back!,†Alpha cries.

“Thanks Alpha!," Pink Ranger replies.

“You have your friends back, Ranger!," Goldar snarls as he turns to the Blue Ranger. He then turns to Black Ranger. “I’ll be back to finish you off. You can bet on that!," Goldar disappears in an eruption of flame.

“Don’t put your lunch money on it, Goldar,†Black Ranger remarks. He turns to the Pink, Yellow and Red Rangers. Welcome back, guys! Guess we took care of--,â€

“Don’t say it, Zack. Don’t even think it," Red Ranger intervenes.

Suddenly the ground begins to rumble. Alpha, Red, Blue, Yellow and Pink Ranger’s turn to the Black Ranger.

“Hey, I didn’t say it this time," Black Ranger says. The ground shakes again and trees begin to fall as the Nasty Knight walks up, enlarged by Rita’s magic.

“Alpha, teleport yourself and the decoders back to the Command Center," Red Ranger orders.

“Right!," Alpha touches the 2 buttons at the base of his chest plate and he and the devices disappear.

“We need Dinozord Power, Now!," Red Ranger raises his arm to the sky, alongside his team. The 5 Dinozord’s awaken from their hiding places and close in. The 5 Ranger’s leap up into their cockpits.

“Rangers, power up the crystal’s!," Red Ranger orders.

His teammates do so. “2-1-Power up!â€

The Tyrannosaurus roars forward toward the Nasty Knight.

“I’m going to end this now. Charging sonic disruptors," Red Ranger says.

The Nasty Knight brings his sword across the Tyrannosaurus’ head, emitting sparks as it staggers the Zord.

“Jason! All right! Back off, ugly! Firing Ptera Blasts," Pink Ranger accesses her weapons array, firing a round of blue electrical energy from it’s shoulder mounted energy banks. The blasts explode over the monster’s shield.

“That shield’s got to go!," Black Ranger shouts. The Mastodon lifts it’s trunk, emitting a cold blast that envelops the monster’s shield. The shield freezes over. “It’s all ice now, boy!â€

“And it will all be just pieces in about 6 seconds! Tiger Beam!," Yellow Ranger raises the Saber-Tooth Tiger’s tail and fires a massive bolt of power.

“Affirmative. Activating Tricera-Spark cannon! Raising tail now!," Blue Ranger does as he says, then fires sparks, sending them rocketing toward the monster’s shield. The Tiger Beam and Tricera-Spark blasts hit the shield, but it does not break.

“It didn‘t work!," Yellow Ranger observes.

The Tyrannosaurus spins, lashing out with it’s tail, striking the monster across the chest. The Nasty Knight recovers and brings it’s sword back across the Tyrannosaurus’ chest.

“Maybe you didn’t hear me the 1st time! Ptera Blasts!," The Pterodactyl fires again, but the monster lifts it’s shield, deflecting the blasts back at the Zord, rocking it with sparks. “That shield’s harder than Jason’s head," Pink Ranger observes.

“I heard that," Red Ranger responds.

“The monster’s deflector shield is proving most difficult. It’s deflecting anything we throw at it," Blue Ranger says.

“That’s it!," Black Ranger shouts.

“What?," Red Ranger asks.

“Like Billy said, this guy's shield keeps deflecting whatever energy we throw at it. I'm betting the shield will have a harder time deflecting energy we put thru it!," Black Ranger says.

“Sounds good to me. Initiating Megazord sequence," Red Ranger orders.

“Megazord sequence has been initiated," the onboard computer speaks as the 5 Zords come together. The Pterodactyl Zord locks into the chest and the head takes shape. “Megazord activatedâ€.

“It’s over, Knight! We need the Power Sword!," Red ranger raises his hand to the sky. The Power Sword drops down, and the Megazord grabs it by the handle, swings it around, and poses with it.

“Zack, you wanna handle this one?," Red Ranger asks.

“Oh, yeah! Let me have the honor of zapping sir bucket head!," Black Ranger reaches toward the console before him. “Switching all manual controls to my stationâ€.

The Nasty Knight steps forward, aiming his charged sword and releasing several blue power blasts.

“Mammoth Shield!," Black ranger summons. The Mammoth Shield appears in the Megazord’s left hand. The Megazord lifts it’s shield, and the Nasty Knight’s blast burst in sparks across it.

“All right! Let’s do it!," the Power Ranger’s shout, crossing their arms and then shooting their right arms forward.

“Guess it’s time to cut the cake!," Black Ranger says.

“Zack, you corny knuckle head! Just do it!," Pink Ranger says.

“All right, girl! Dang!," Black Ranger controls the Megazord, making it lift the Power Sword to the sky. The Sword charges with a hot, searing energy as the Megazord’s eyes glow. The Nasty Knight dashes forward as the Megazord stabs forward with it’s charged sword.

“Hey, Nasty Knight! Shield this!," Black Ranger controls the Megazord to stab straight at the monster. The monster lifts it’s shield to block but the power of the sword is too much, stabbing straight thru the shield and the monster it’s self. “Going up!â€

The Megazord lifts it’s sword up, destroying the shield and searing the monster into 2 as it cuts upward thru it’s body. The remains of the monster fall backward onto the ground, exploding.

“Nice work, Zack!," Yellow Ranger congratulates.

“Yes. Your plan certainly proved to be a success," Blue Ranger adds.

“Thanks guys. Now, we got a party to attend," Black Ranger says.

Rita’s Moon Palace.
The balcony.

“I can’t believe I used power from Madam Woe’s crystal to aid in a failed plan! This is ridiculous!," Rita yells.

“We’ll get them next time, Rita," Squatt says.

“Would you stop sucking up?! You’re giving me a headache!," Rita screams.

Angel Grove.
The Juice Bar.

Invitee’s for Zack’s birthday party fill the room. Music plays, people dance, talk, laugh, and have an all around great time. Zack stands at the bar wit several people, including Billy, Marge, Trini, Jason, and Kimberly.

Kim hands Zack a present. “Ok, now it’s my turnâ€.

“Kim, you shouldn’t have. But since you did…," Zack rips thru the wrapping and unfolds a black shirt. He holds it against his torso, revealing a large Superman symbol on it‘s front designed to look like bolted steel, featuring a “Z," in place of the trademark “Sâ€.

Zack laughs. “Girl, this is awesome," He leans in to accept Kim’s hug. “Thanks, Kimâ€.

“Oh, you’re welcome, Zack-man. Tailor made for the man of steel," Kim remarks as she holds Zack.

TJ, Aisha, Adam and Rocky approach the bar.

“Uh-oh, I see a smile on a certain birthday boy’s face," Aisha says.

“I guess that means you’re having a good time?," Rocky asks.

“Absolutely. Thanks again for showing up. And for the gift," Zack says as he shakes Rocky’s hand.

“Oh, Kim, Marge, let me introduce you," Trini says. “This is TJ, Aisha, Adam and Rocky. They helped us get Richie to the hospital in the attack earlier this monthâ€.

“Oh, well I guess we got more than just one superhero in attendance," Kim remarks.

“Just being good Samaritans," Adam replies.

Zack turns to see Angela enter. “I’ll be right backâ€.

He’s ecstatic. Zack was never sure how to classify his association with Angela. Not friends; no. Kimberly, Trini, they are his friends, but only to a certain extent. The fact that they’re girls is only incidental. There’s always been a line between Zack and Trini and Kimberly, and in truth, he’s fine with that. His feelings, the ones that cross a certain line, belong to someone else. It’s the line between he and Angela that he has a problem with. Can he manage to cross that line with her? Today’s as good a day as any to find out……once and for all. Zack approaches Angela. “Angela, you made itâ€.

“Yeah, imagine that," Angela replies.

“Well, I was beginning to think that’d be the only way to see you partying with me. Why don’t you come join us? I hate to see a girl as beautiful as you hang out alone at a party," Zack says.

Richie enters in his wheelchair, and makes his way up to Angela and Zack.

“Actually, I didn’t come alone," Angela confesses.

“Hey, Happy Birthday Zack," Richie says as he reaches out to shake Zack’s hand.

Zack is surprised to see that Angela came with Richie, but does his best to hide it. “Richie, looking’ good man. Glad you could make itâ€

“Yeah, me too," Richie replies. “Sorry I couldn’t bring a present but, up until today, I’ve been kind of, well…laid upâ€.

“Oh, don’t sweat it, dude. Knowing you’re okay is good enough for me. I know I’m not the only one that feels that way,†Zack says, not having realized until after the words were spoken that they may have brought up some ill will towards……certain people.

“I’m kind of thirsty. Richie, you want some punch?," Angela asks.

“Yeah, please," he answers.

“I’ll join you," Zack follows Angela as she steps away toward a table with food and drinks.

Kim and the other Ranger teens laugh with Rocky and his friends. Trini looks to see Richie sitting by the entrance in his wheel chair.

“Will you excuse me?," Trini makes her way over to Richie.

Kim looks to Trini, watching her walk off in Richie's direction. After witnessing what happened earlier in the woods, she hopes that whatever Trini needs in order to forgive herself for what isn't her fault, that she'll find it in Richie's words.

Trini feels her lungs empty, but the sight of Richie still takes precedence over any concern Trini may have about not being able to breathe. She's undergone a lot recently, and not just physically. All she wants is for Richie to be okay. But in a moment of clarity, Trini finds the courage to try and put an end to the torment of her own guilt, by seeking forgiveness from the one she feels responsible for becoming an innocent victim in an attack meant for her.

Richie looks up as Trini steps up beside him.

“Richie, you made it," Trini says with surprise as she leans into give him a hug.

Richie hugs her back, but with an uneasiness Trini can’t help but feel.

“Oh, you know what they say: a party isn’t a party until a guy in a wheelchair shows up," Richie says.

Trini tries to ignore the tension, figuring that saying anything, whether it makes sense or not, would achieve that goal. “So, um, you came by yourself?â€

“No, actually, I’m here with Angela," Richie points and Trini looks to see Angela and Zack getting punch.

“Angela?," Trini can’t help but be surprised. €œI’m sorry, I just didn’t even realize you guys were friendsâ€.

“Yeah, well, we’re just kind of taking things slow. She’s a nice girl, and doesn’t seem to have a problem letting people know how she really feels. Excuse me," Richie wheels himself away as Trini watches, left speechless by Richie’s comment.

Richie moves up to the snack table. Angela hands him a cup of punch as Kim hops past and pulls Zack up to the cake sitting on a cart that Ernie wheels out. Kim begins to sing “Happy Birthday," and the crowd joins in. Zack blushes as Jason reaches over and lights the candles. The song ends.

“Time to make a wish, man," Jason says. Zack closes his eyes for a moment and then blows out the candles. The crowd applauses.

“So, what did you wish for?," Ernie asks.

“Oh, you can’t say. If you verbalize the wish you made it won’t come to fruition," Billy says as Marge steps up beside him.

“Billy is correct, Zack," Marge adds.

“Well, far be it for me to argue with tradition. But, uh, isn’t it tradition to give the birthday boy a kiss after he blows out the candles?," Zack asks.

“I’m unfamiliar with that form of superstition," Marge says, confused.

“That’s because you haven’t known Zack very long," Jason chuckles.

“Well, far be it for me break tradition," Marge leans in and gives Zack a kiss.

“Uh-oh, looks like you have some competition, Billy," Jason warns.

“Oh yes, I’m very worried," Billy smiles as he and Marge wrap an arm around each other.

“Never fear, ladies. There’s enough of the Zack-man to go around," Zack says as he looks to Kim and Trini who stand at either side of him.

Kim and Trini look to each other with a mischievous grin. They lean in close to Zack’s cheeks as he rubs his hands together in anticipation. Just then, Kim and Trini reach up, grab Zack’s head, and press it down into the cake. The crowd laughs as Zack stands up straight, face covered in cake and frosting.

“Happy Birthday, Zack!," Trini and Kim exclaim.

“Come here!," Zack grabs Kim and plants a kiss on her, covering her face with cake as she screams. Angela and Richie watch with equal amounts of distain as Zack grabs Trini and plants a messy kiss on her cheek, covering her with cake and frosting as well.

“Happy Birthday, Zack," Angela mutters in a perturbed tone. “Come on. Let’s go," Angela wheels Richie out, both of them watching Trini and Zack, respectively.

“All right, who wants cake?," Zack asks the crowd.

THE END
 
PROMO for Episode 12

NEXT TIME ON POWER RANGERS: "HELL HATH NO FURY..."

Our heroes provide moral support for Jason as he continues training for the upcoming Martial Arts Expo. Much to Jason's dismay, he will have more than just physical obstacles to overcome when Rita authorizes a new scheme meant to fracture the Power Rangers team unity. But when the lines that separate friends, enemies and lovers are stripped away, will there be anything left to defend the Earth from a monster capable of eating anyone that stands in it's way? Can Trini really cause anymore harm to Richie than she was forced to before? Is the team strong enough to overcome the problems that begin within their ranks? All this and more, on the next episode of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: A New Interpretation.
 
Last edited:

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top