Magic in FFXV is interesting. You can't just select from the menu of spells and cast them, the way you would in previous games. Instead you have to find an elemental material through the world, use it to craft spells, and use the spells as if they're weapons.

I found it challenging to target enemies since you use grunades. Feels more like a bomb than it does casting magic. It will hurt you and your party members if you're in the area of effect, I'm not a huge fan especially in a cramped indoor area. Who else experienced such? What was your experience with magic?

MY experience with Final Fantasy 15 felt more like an action 3rd person shooter than an RPG since it is not turned based anymore. I felt like I am playing Resident evil 4 to 6 minus the horror.

One thing that you should know about magic is that it comes with a price. Magic doesn't come freely, so I'm sure it's why it was designed the way it was in the Final Fantasy XV. There are some spells that shortens ones life span. I love magic in FF games but I'm equally afraid of using them.

The whole coming with a price should not be understated and it took me a little bit to figure that out, and maybe it is just semantics with what we all think of magic. Either way it is really one of the more intriguing things in the game though so getting to know how best to go about using it is critical.

The animations of the magic in this game is awesome! The area where you cast the magic is also affected by the spell that you cast. This is the first time that Square did it and it shows their attention to detail.

Yes, in Final Fantasy 15 they have a magic system called Elemancy- also they have two magic systems in this game as well. This system is one that allows you to take various elements around the world that Noctis has collected and combine them into one, to make a very powerfull spell to cast.
Here's how the magic system works in Final Fantasy 15