[Video Game] Kamen Rider Travelers Senki Announced for Nintendo 3DS

Thunder025

So only from post-W era Riders? I wish they make the story with Riders from Kuuga to Decade too, complete with the human characters, but I think they need the actor's permission.

At least if they include Decade, they can show the Heisei Riders too but maybe in-suit only...
You can clearly see Shinji in the magazine scan. Toei doesn't need to ask anyone's permission since they hold the rights to the characters and, consequently, the actors likeness at the time they were filming it.

Hentailover

Lurker
This is so unfair. I am a fan of Tales of series!
I am a huge fan of Kamen Rider...

This is like "Tales of Kamen Rider"...
You guys don't get it...
This game!

[hide]
YElHpMD.png
[/hide]

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
You can clearly see Shinji in the magazine scan. Toei doesn't need to ask anyone's permission since they hold the rights to the characters and, consequently, the actors likeness at the time they were filming it.
You meant Kido Shinji? If so, could you point out where he is? I looked all over it and couldn't find him.

draewon

Lurker

you're blabbering nonsense again the scan only has:

-koyomi&shunpei(top scan left), Eiji/OOO(right)

-the KR club members(Kengo, Yuuki, JK, Tomoko, Ryuusei, Gentarou), Shotaro, Phillip, Date Akira (all in bottom left scan)

no Shinji anywhere in the scan over here man

Thunder025

you're blabbering nonsense again the scan only has:

-koyomi&shunpei(top scan left), Eiji/OOO(right)

-the KR club members(Kengo, Yuuki, JK, Tomoko, Ryuusei, Gentarou), Shotaro, Phillip, Date Akira (all in bottom left scan)

no Shinji anywhere in the scan over here man

Dude, why are you aggressive towards what I post? Chill out, let's be friends.

I mistook Shinji with JK, sorry guys. My point still holds though, if Bananm wants to put the Yusuke, Tendou or Ryoutarou in there they are totally entitled to since they hold the rights to the character (hence there are coupes from those 3 series that still air on Japanese TV). Of course, they will not be voiced by their respective actors but that's another issue.

draewon

Lurker
Dude, why are you aggressive towards what I post? Chill out, let's be friends.

I mistook Shinji with JK, sorry guys. My point still holds though, if Bananm wants to put the Yusuke, Tendou or Ryoutarou in there they are totally entitled to since they hold the rights to the character (hence there are coupes from those 3 series that still air on Japanese TV). Of course, they will not be voiced by their respective actors but that's another issue.

because you said "clearly", that's also kinda aggressive especially when its a false claim

ditto with the character rights, they have the rights to re air the shows and fature clips from it, that doesn't mean the have the rights for everything else for it, we haven't seen the rider's human likeness since V3(and no, even Kabuto is faceless in his own game, despite being voiced by the actual actor), there's obviously something going on with that, mostly because they don't want to pay extra cash for it, it's just like the vocal songs issue for the BGM's

and hence, the argument about this being from W to Wizard only, with possible appearance from Decade and Gaim

Thunder025

because you said "clearly", that's also kinda aggressive especially when its a false claim

ditto with the character rights, they have the rights to re air the shows and fature clips from it, that doesn't mean the have the rights for everything else for it, we haven't seen the rider's human likeness since V3(and no, even Kabuto is faceless in his own game, despite being voiced by the actual actor), there's obviously something going on with that, mostly because they don't want to pay extra cash for it, it's just like the vocal songs issue for the BGM's

and hence, the argument about this being from W to Wizard only, with possible appearance from Decade and Gaim

I'm sorry if I offended you with the original postage, I wasn't even talking to anyone in particular. So no need to offend me or be aggressive.

The Kabuto game did have Tendou in the opening if you remember well, they just don't put their faces in there for obvious reasons,one being that it is only for one take so why bother in animating a face? most people care for the suited Rider.

Also, if they didn't have the rights for the characters licenses they wouldn't have VAs mimicking the original actors voice. The Kamen Rider situation is the same as Doctor Who, take Chris Eccleston for instance, his face is tied to the ninth doctor forever him willing or not.

BanNam going for the anime type of drawing can make those character faces more generic than average as well. But I guess time will tell.

Thunder025

Sorry for the double posting, but here is the first PV for Travelers Senki.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_qCqvwt0M0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_qCqvwt0M0[/ame]

Surprise, Gaim's in there too and as the main Rider. W, Accel, OOO, Fourze, Wizard and Beast are the only playable characters as of right now.

Also, my heart jumped a bit at the beginning, I really thought for a second that was another Climax Heroes game lol

[EDIT] Site and Blog opened.

- Blog confirms that, once again, there is no multiplayer component in this game and the game will be available at the eShop as well as a retail release.
- Will feature a Gaim Gambarizing Card.
- Site confirms the appearance of the White Wizard.
- The game's main theme is "travel", travelling between the series familiar locations is one of the key features.
- They say that this is a new step for the Kamen Rider game history. (So that means that CH, RiGen and BW are dead?)

In other related news, they also announced a new Kamen Rider V3 Pachinko Game, here is the [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Ln7OpyM5w8"]trailer[/ame].

Last edited:

draewon

Lurker
- They say that this is a new step for the Kamen Rider game history. (So that means that CH, RiGen and BW are dead?)

again, what kind of logic is that?, for RG maybe, but i don't think anybody wants to spend the rest of the decade playing SD sized rider in a very limited control of action, which is why 3D action mecha games still sells a lot even though the Super Robot Wars and G generation is much more famous(and probably "complete", roster wise)

so yeah, CH and BW will most likely still continue, it's not like this game will cater PS3 users anyways, unless you're saying that KR will stay as nintendo exclusive from now on.

NeonZ

If we look at mangas, Kamen Rider Spirits seems to have no problem giving cameo to any random Showa character though, doesn't matter how minor they were. I really don't think they went around asking for individual permissions for something like that, especially if you consider how many characters appear. I don't see why the situation with games would be any more complicated.

The lack of human appearances in Rider games likely comes from money, but money for assets, not rights. Making 3d models or sprites for human characters takes resources from things that could go to others Riders or monsters, after all. This game has the human characters because it seems to be an adventure game with combat sequences, so there'll be lots of dialogue and such, not just fighting. It also has a vastly reduced line up compared to Rider Generation. So, spending resources for the human sprites makes sense here, but in something like Rider Generation it wouldn't add as much to the game as spending more on Riders.

Last edited:

draewon

Lurker
If we look at mangas, Kamen Rider Spirits seems to have no problem giving cameo to any random Showa character though, doesn't matter how minor they were. I really don't think they went around asking for individual permissions for something like that, especially if you consider how many characters appear. I don't see why the situation with games would be any more complicated

not in the mood to debate right now but SPIRITS doesn't use the likeness of any live action character (the only character barely resembling its live action actor is Tachibana, and even then it's still a stretch), this game however uses the exact likeness of the characters, but in SD form.

that aside, is it wrong to be more interested in seeing the V3 trailer? if only they made the showa rider games with BW gameplay then the V3 trailer there kinda fits as it's opening movie

also, it seems to use a Rider Chips tune, which is awesome compared to RG and This game's(as heard from the trailer) crappy Midi BGM's that doesn't even use those from the TV series at all...

Thunder025

again, what kind of logic is that?, for RG maybe, but i don't think anybody wants to spend the rest of the decade playing SD sized rider in a very limited control of action, which is why 3D action mecha games still sells a lot even though the Super Robot Wars and G generation is much more famous(and probably "complete", roster wise)

so yeah, CH and BW will most likely still continue, it's not like this game will cater PS3 users anyways, unless you're saying that KR will stay as nintendo exclusive from now on.

Dude, you should really tone down your hostility towards people. Seems like everything I say you want to make an argument out of it.

I was only speculating (just like you are right now), if BanNam wants us to play SD Riders for the rest of the decade, that will be what we'll be playing. Also, if they get rid of CH and BW, NOTHING stops them to create a new 3D franchise.

That being said, I don't think CH and / or BW will be canceled. I was just saying what I interpreted from the blog posting.

Thunder025

That release date is quite similar to CH yearly release date :eek:

We are probably not seeing a new Climax Heroes this year, Gaim is completely changing the Raider schedule again so the release schedule for CH will change once more (Remember that CH PS2 came out in August 2009 and W in December of the same year)

Last edited:

Ultra Rider

Lurker
...I currently have a V3 boner...take it however you will,but currently my interest in Travelers plummeted with this pachinko game...I'm moving to Japan.:buttrock::buttrock:

NeonZ

not in the mood to debate right now but SPIRITS doesn't use the likeness of any live action character (the only character barely resembling its live action actor is Tachibana, and even then it's still a stretch), this game however uses the exact likeness of the characters, but in SD form.

Spirits' depictions of the characters take hair styles and clothing directly out of the live action shows. The faces are undetailed and anime-ish though(with larger eyes and such), so the facial features don't match perfectly, but I don't see how the situation here is different. Everyone is in SD and have simple faces, so their facial features here aren't realistic either.

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
I always thought games in pachinko machines were something like the slot machine game seen at the end of THE NEXT. Nothing big. Well, damn. That kind of high quality I saw in the V3 trailer has IMO only been matched by Seigi no Keifu and Battride War.
Now, I need to go find out what exactly a pachinko machine is.

And Travelers keeps unveiling good things, not only are we having lots of out-of-suit characters, we're also getting them in their familiar places! Now all we need is the original bgm (or good recreations of it, hell, custom soundtrack might come back again) and original actors (as many as they can get, of course).

Thunder025

I always thought games in pachinko machines were something like the slot machine game seen at the end of THE NEXT. Nothing big. Well, damn. That kind of high quality I saw in the V3 trailer has IMO only been matched by Seigi no Keifu and Battride War.
Now, I need to go find out what exactly a pachinko machine is.

That's just pretty graphics for the opening (most of it comes from the V3 PS1 game opening).

The Pachinko games is a slot machine that you perform actions on screen to receive little spheres, these spheres can be later on exchanged by money, you don't control any character what so ever.

There is currently a Ichigo & Nigo pachinko out there. I think is a very dull game (and also VERY noisy).

Khaiden

Heroes are forever
That's just pretty graphics for the opening (most of it comes from the V3 PS1 game opening).
As seen in the video below and a couple of others I saw on YouTube, it's more than just the opening.
There's nothing from the PS1 game at all. Everything is brand new!

There is currently a Ichigo & Nigo pachinko out there. I think is a very dull game (and also VERY noisy).
Did you mean this one?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQmXE_MrRDQ

I actually like it, there's a lot to keep somebody very interested, specially if they're a Rider fan.

Now on Kickstarter

Latest News

Who's on Discord?

Latest posts