D

Dr Kain

While I get what you are saying about Foundation X, they still came into being and they have still be left undefeated. I want them to appear for as long as they are in business. The best way to get rid of them is to finally defeat them for good instead of leaving them a lingering plot thread.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
The new Rider is literally called Kamen Rider Evil. Also, not the same Driver we saw a sneak peak of a couple weeks ago, oddly enough.

Member of the Doomcock Army, w/o respect we reject
Or did Saber completely put off everyone in the English-speaking fandom?
Saber is going to be my last Kamen Rider series, Toei releases too much side content to follow up on anything anymore. It might even put me off from any future toku. I will still defend what I said on /m/, that first third of Saber was pure tokusatsu kino, I now say it is even comparable to the likes of Kyuranger, Kamen Rider Drive, Ultraman Taiga, the Daimajin trilogy, the Ultra Galaxy movie, Juspion, Gamera 2, and Godzilla vs. Kong. It was a good nine year run, but like with The Simpsons or South Park you gotta get off the ride at some point.

R

raden238

Saber is going to be my last Kamen Rider series, Toei releases too much side content to follow up on anything anymore. It might even put me off from any future toku. I will still defend what I said on /m/, that first third of Saber was pure tokusatsu kino, I now say it is even comparable to the likes of Kyuranger, Kamen Rider Drive, Ultraman Taiga, the Daimajin trilogy, the Ultra Galaxy movie, Juspion, Gamera 2, and Godzilla vs. Kong. It was a good nine year run, but like with The Simpsons or South Park you gotta get off the ride at some point.

I stopped watching Rider and Sentai. I had a good 10 year run. Like you said there is too much to follow and I feel like the shows are mostly the same formula and tropes being recycled. But I still keep up with the news and fandom as you can see haha.

D

Dr Kain

You think it's a hassle to watch everything, try reviewing it like I am. lol

I'm on Ex-Aid and I've got what seems to be 7 movies and 20 specials to watch.

I miss the days when Toku shows only had the series, possibly a subpar theatrical film, and a hit or miss VS film. Nowadays it's like a mediocre series and numerous god awful movies, specials, webisodes, crossover episodes, DVD exclusives, etc. ****, Ghost was a nightmare to watch everything to.

Anyway, I'm really hoping GenmCorp gets Revice 5-8 out sooner rather than later as I'd like to continue the show.

K

Kamen Rider IXA

I'm not bothering with Revice and want to stop watching any future Riders as well. People say Revice is close to early Phase 2 Rider, which is type of Rider that got me stopping following series weekly in the first place. I'm finishing my rewatch of all Heisei Riders with half of Build, Ghost and Amazons remaining. I'll rewatch all Showa Riders next and then just stick to revisiting shows I actually like.
With Sentai I'd be willing to stick a little longer, but I genuinely don't remember where I left Zenkaiger as the show was boring me out of my mind. Don't really understand why it got such a rabid fanbase when show is so bland and samey. At least it's not bordeline unwatchable like Kyoryuger or Kyuranger and maybe a bit better than Zyuohger and Ryusoulger at least. Strong contender for the fifth weakest Sentai though (and I went in willing to embrace it as a pure comedy series).
Saber/Zenkaiger crossover was kind of nice at least, but had Mouri writing it, proving once again that if you gonna do a mostly episodic show, you'd better get sub-writers to shake things up a bit.

D

Dr Kain

The Zenkaiger fanbase is quite toxic and I don't get why. It's like you can enjoy 10 episodes in a row, but if you don't like the 11th episode, they instantly proclaim your credibility is gone. I've had a lot of fun flame wars on twitter over people triggered by my disdain for Zenkaiger. Oh, and somehow math gets involved with Zenkaiger because people keep bringing up ratios for some reason.

Zenkaiger is a Toku show that is fun as long as you just want a wacky Looney Tunes hijinx every week that doesn't give a damn about a plot or developing its villains. In fact, Tojitendo may be the most inept group of villains in the history of Sentai. The just send out a monster to do whatever the monster's theme is and that's it. I don't even think they actually want to take over the world because the one monster that did (Vacation World), was killed off by the general for not including him in the fun. WTF????? THEY WON!!!!!!

I also don't get why Toei didn't bother to have Sentai world monsters. Like it would have been freaking cool to have a MotW named Jetman World, Dairanger World, Timeranger World, instead this garbage like Sushi World, Garbage World, and the like. That would have been way more interesting than what we got, but then, that's expecting too much out of a hack like Junko.

It's definitely better than Ryusoulger and Kyuranger as those are the stains of the franchise with Go-Onger.

Why is every good TV show Cancelled
I didn't get that at all, except in the basic concept of Revice, with the demons being a similar.concept to Den-O. Honestly, the tone seems to feel like a cross between Ultraman Trigger & Power Rangers Time Force, with a bit of Kamen Rider's usual humor thrown in. I don't really know where they're going right now, since the last 3-4 episodes have thrown a lot of wrenches into the plot in a weird way, where it raises a lot of questions as to what is really going on, so I won't get into that, but I'd definitely recommend it. The Deadmans villains thus far are starting to feel particularly Power Rangers-y. It's like a whole new fresh take on Rider that isn't quite like anything they've done before.

I guess we're taking next week off, though, but 9 eps in & I love it so far.

Last edited:
D

Dr Kain

Wait, there is a break next week? There was nothing on the previews for Zenkaiger that sounded like it.