"Kamen Rider" instead of "Masked Rider"?

It's not going that old-school anytime soon. That's too much for children to handle and there will be less toys. It was kind of like a reboot in the sense that it used many of the older Kamen Rider concepts and it brought back the trademark name.

I guess you could give Dragon Knight some credit for keeping the name as Kamen Rider and not Masked Rider since it paves way to understanding and keeping more of the original parts while bringing it to America.
 
It's not going that old-school anytime soon. That's too much for children to handle and there will be less toys. It was kind of like a reboot in the sense that it used many of the older Kamen Rider concepts and it brought back the trademark name.

I guess you could give Dragon Knight some credit for keeping the name as Kamen Rider and not Masked Rider since it paves way to understanding and keeping more of the original parts while bringing it to America.

well, obviously, but I'm just saying that it would be at that point that I'd honestly admit a rider show is a reboot. honestly, I never minded the fact that it used to be "Masked Rider" when officially romanized. it makes sense and in turn is sensible. so for me, when the official romanization changed, I didn't really care that much because I found nothing wrong with them using "Masked Rider" anyways.

besides that, one of the problems with bringing the show to America as "Kamen Rider", especially with Dragon Knights explanation of them being warriors of Ventara(as if "Kamen" was some made-up word from Ventara) is that the little kids or people who didn't know about Kamen Rider prior to Dragon Knight don't know what the name actually means. so in that aspect, it made it seem more like the show was geared more towards people who already knew about Kamen Rider and already watched it, which is not the best idea, since most of there profits are intented to come from kids buying the toys, rather than adult fans
 
Okay kill me i just notice it now.
- Stand still. I've got to line you up -JUST RIGHT- for my Crimson Smash attack. :p

I always thought that the usage of "Kamen Rider" for the US Dragon Knight series had more to do with someone still owning the rights to "Masked Rider" somewhere in the US? Or am I remembering it wrong again?

That aside, I'm not bothered by it either way. AFAIK, Bandai could use either version in their packaging/marketing, and what matters is that for the most part people know what they're talking about. Especially since most of the fans who wonder about the difference (english-speaking fans) are mostly old enough to realize/know they're one and the same ANYWAY...
 
Not a reboot. Just more of a "New Era" for Kamen Rider.

I think so too. It's not in the stage where it requires a reboot or anything like that.

Ultraman Max did the totally old-school route in a full TV series and it had fantastic ratings, from what I've heard! XP

Double brought things closer to home, but OOO is going the other direction though I hoped it would not happen. It would be nice to go back to the the old school Rider.

- Stand still. I've got to line you up -JUST RIGHT- for my Crimson Smash attack. :p

Crimson Smash. :castlerock: You kind of don't have to line up him because nobody ever tried to move out the way in Faiz. :P I remember one of the Orphenochs even stood firm in front of the Golden Smash.
 
I always thought that the usage of "Kamen Rider" for the US Dragon Knight series had more to do with someone still owning the rights to "Masked Rider" somewhere in the US? Or am I remembering it wrong again?
Disney owns the Black RX adaptation Saban made. If anyone other than Toei owns the name Masked Rider, it's them.
 
Ultraman Max did the totally old-school route in a full TV series and it had fantastic ratings, from what I've heard! XP

Ultraman's a bit of a different beast from Kamen Rider though. If anything, Ultraman's lasted this long because it WALLOWS in its own nostalgia a lot more than Kamen Rider does.

Hell, the only reason Max did so well was because it was a "return to basics" after the gigantic ratings bomb that the only real attempt to innovate the franchise, Nexus, turned into.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top