Kamen Rider in Real Life

There is 7 Billion people on Earth armed with multiple weapons. I think we could hold our own for a while against any monsters. Besides we could afford to lose a bunch of people (Not enough food for certain people, poverty, disease, etc.)

If I were to perchance become a rider, I wouldnt waste time sitting around and waiting for the enemy like most riders. I would quit doing whatever I am doing and start hunting me some monsters.

Unless I become Den-O, New Den-O, Zeronos, Yuuki, or Gaoh. Then I am off to talk to famous people in history (Mozart, Bach, Washington, Lincoln, Da Vinci, and so on).
 
How many of you want that to happen?

- Monsters appearing on the news of attacks.
- Mirror monsters around the globe within the mirrors.
- Anyone can be an orphenoch, worm or fangire.
- Wishing to fix some damages in your own time.
- Obsesses with power you'd use a gaia memory to become a dopant or become a Greeed with a core medal.
- Any attack can occur in a mall, forests/parks, your home, your school.
- Any of us worthy of being chosen as Kamen Rider! Especially if your imaginary ideas would come to life and in battle.
- Help your life be popular somehow.

Well if the Kamen Rider Universe were real, Orphenochs, Fangires and Worms would be met with a lot of prejudice, especially the non-hostile ones. Governments would build small cities and dump them there, a bit like the aliens from District 9.

The presence of Gaia Memories would certainly increase crime rate with criminals practically turning into supervillains, as well as Memories going on the black market.

I imagine most of the ancient civilizations like the Grongi, Unknown and Undead would be at war with each other
 
Personally, I think even the greatest of Riders or even Super Sentai will find the real world far too bleak and they will just be crushed by all of it.

Without sounding too grunge or emo, the darkest and ugliest thing about this world is in people itself.

There's no way it could work.
 
Personally, I think even the greatest of Riders or even Super Sentai will find the real world far too bleak and they will just be crushed by all of it.

Without sounding too grunge or emo, the darkest and ugliest thing about this world is in people itself.

There's no way it could work.


There is darkness and yes people can be ugly. True enough. But that's only half of the truth.

After all, the ideas and stories for Kamen Rider and Sentai are created by human beings. People. ..and all over the world, everyday, without fame or fortune, there are people who think beyond themselves and who try their best to help others in some small or large way. It is this human capacity for compassion and courage that inspires such stories. Henshin devices, super bikes, monsters, all these things may be fantasy but the power humans have to overcome obstacles, triumph over adversity, is something that is equally as relevant, equally as valid, equally as real, as the darkest most pathetic horrible and despicable aspects of our reality and of ourselves.
 
Well if the Kamen Rider Universe were real, Orphenochs, Fangires and Worms would be met with a lot of prejudice, especially the non-hostile ones. Governments would build small cities and dump them there, a bit like the aliens from District 9.

The presence of Gaia Memories would certainly increase crime rate with criminals practically turning into supervillains, as well as Memories going on the black market.

I imagine most of the ancient civilizations like the Grongi, Unknown and Undead would be at war with each other

I agree to an extent, but if those aliens/creatures functioned as they did in their TV shows plus if they infiltrated like those aliens in V did into the government and society, here would be coverups and censoring of events to great levels. I think of it as how it was in Animorphs and how they quietly took over positions of authority very subtly without any outcry. If those five kids never rose up to fight the Yeerks, they would have conquered the planet and it would be all lost.

Now imagine if they were in charge of the media, corporations ,even government agencies. If the government knew of them , they'd either do it as silently as they could to fight them provided they weren't influenced. But as we see in global society , it is the dollar that controls the flow of power while knowledge is the silver bullet.

The ancient civilizations I can only imagine either be at conflict or if they were wise ,hide out away from prying eyes.

As we've seen in those shows , people pretty much know dip **** concerning the events though if it was in the real world, it'd spread like wildfire. If not through the mainstream routes , it will go through non mainstream ones. Not many might not believe it until real evidence shows up, but if the monsters died like in Faiz or the Guyver, good luck finding any. If people were to find out, it would induce a huge war where man is at huge disadvantage. The Kaijin are highly strong and powerful and nothing short of superhuman could defeat them.

I can see a ton of prejudice occurring after their defeat and discovery. Imagine the Red/Yellow/German scare and the witch hunt/Inquisition. You can trust no one really when you think that way if they can conceal their forms into human-esque flesh, so fear and anger would take hold of the population.

The government would be in anarchy as suspected people would be rooted out , good or bad, and whatever all human government that would take its place would start either an extermination or thrown into camps as you said. But that is if they find out or the enemy is defeated.

There'd be no way I'd be like the traditional Riders honestly. I'd be more like Guyver III and or Skullman, a vengeful yet ambitious Rider. I'd use my victories and heroic acts to my political advantage to ensure the enemy never recovers and is quashed like a bug in acquiring leadership. There's no point in being a Rider if you can't use your abilities to rebuild the world and make it stronger and more receptive against those threats so those scenarios would never happen again. The only way I'd even allow the enemy species into society is if they get registered like sex offenders and be required to tell their neighbors who they are and to assimilate fully into society and have ban the use of their powers in any way shape or form.

While it may seem draconian, it's realistic. Tell me seriously you'd feel safe at night just wondering if a super powered alien/monster/civilization member was your neighbor, if your parents were killed by many or if your family was torn apart by them. It's like with any enemy really and its natural and you can't say you wouldn't not be wary of them after such events. You'd want to bring revenge , lock them away if not kill them downright.

This is pretty much the same issue as in the Xmen, really.
 
[HIDE]
I agree to an extent, but if those aliens/creatures functioned as they did in their TV shows plus if they infiltrated like those aliens in V did into the government and society, here would be coverups and censoring of events to great levels. I think of it as how it was in Animorphs and how they quietly took over positions of authority very subtly without any outcry. If those five kids never rose up to fight the Yeerks, they would have conquered the planet and it would be all lost.

Now imagine if they were in charge of the media, corporations ,even government agencies. If the government knew of them , they'd either do it as silently as they could to fight them provided they weren't influenced. But as we see in global society , it is the dollar that controls the flow of power while knowledge is the silver bullet.

The ancient civilizations I can only imagine either be at conflict or if they were wise ,hide out away from prying eyes.

As we've seen in those shows , people pretty much know dip **** concerning the events though if it was in the real world, it'd spread like wildfire. If not through the mainstream routes , it will go through non mainstream ones. Not many might not believe it until real evidence shows up, but if the monsters died like in Faiz or the Guyver, good luck finding any. If people were to find out, it would induce a huge war where man is at huge disadvantage. The Kaijin are highly strong and powerful and nothing short of superhuman could defeat them.

I can see a ton of prejudice occurring after their defeat and discovery. Imagine the Red/Yellow/German scare and the witch hunt/Inquisition. You can trust no one really when you think that way if they can conceal their forms into human-esque flesh, so fear and anger would take hold of the population.

The government would be in anarchy as suspected people would be rooted out , good or bad, and whatever all human government that would take its place would start either an extermination or thrown into camps as you said. But that is if they find out or the enemy is defeated.

There'd be no way I'd be like the traditional Riders honestly. I'd be more like Guyver III and or Skullman, a vengeful yet ambitious Rider. I'd use my victories and heroic acts to my political advantage to ensure the enemy never recovers and is quashed like a bug in acquiring leadership. There's no point in being a Rider if you can't use your abilities to rebuild the world and make it stronger and more receptive against those threats so those scenarios would never happen again. The only way I'd even allow the enemy species into society is if they get registered like sex offenders and be required to tell their neighbors who they are and to assimilate fully into society and have ban the use of their powers in any way shape or form.

While it may seem draconian, it's realistic. Tell me seriously you'd feel safe at night just wondering if a super powered alien/monster/civilization member was your neighbor, if your parents were killed by many or if your family was torn apart by them. It's like with any enemy really and its natural and you can't say you wouldn't not be wary of them after such events. You'd want to bring revenge , lock them away if not kill them downright.

This is pretty much the same issue as in the Xmen, really.

[/HIDE]

Despite seeming depressing, I agree with everything Bigdog said. Which made me think of something: does anyone really think it'll be a fair fight?

Look at it this way. When you think of Kamen Rider, you think of a hero on a motorcycle fighting to save humanity. A lone hero. Maybe they'll be some back up from a second rider or some kind of task force ala Zect troopers. But I'm going to assume that when someone fantasizes about being a rider, they're doing it solo. And how often do we see monsters outnumber the rider?

On top of that, do you think they'll fight fair. If you decide to be ballsy and try to henshin in front of the Kaijin, like we seen all riders do, you're dead. There's no honor or waiting for your opponent to prepare for battle. Either you armored up or you're getting slaughtered. And if you don't know how to fight, you're even more screwed.
 
Evil just has an allure to me , almost like a drug as being good just feels generic and too much "cream of the crop" than anything as they shove it down this black and white notion down our throats since day one.

It's this level of cliche cynicism that has become generic and gets shoved down our throats because it's hip and edgy. Yeah bad **** happens and life is not all rainbows and sunshine, I get it. But I stand by my previous post. The darkness is only half of the whole.
 
[HIDE]

[/HIDE]

Despite seeming depressing, I agree with everything Bigdog said. Which made me think of something: does anyone really think it'll be a fair fight?

Look at it this way. When you think of Kamen Rider, you think of a hero on a motorcycle fighting to save humanity. A lone hero. Maybe they'll be some back up from a second rider or some kind of task force ala Zect troopers. But I'm going to assume that when someone fantasizes about being a rider, they're doing it solo. And how often do we see monsters outnumber the rider?

On top of that, do you think they'll fight fair. If you decide to be ballsy and try to henshin in front of the Kaijin, like we seen all riders do, you're dead. There's no honor or waiting for your opponent to prepare for battle. Either you armored up or you're getting slaughtered. And if you don't know how to fight, you're even more screwed.

Exactly, and this is why Animorphs if not Robocop is the closest we've gotten to a Kamen Rdier series here.Granted there's not much of bring turned into cyborgs ,but in the same token, the people infested by the Yeerks are brainwashed and are influential. I always thought it was silly in the original show that the authorities always gloss over the fact that there's a terrorist organization and never specify why. This is why I love the manga version. Granted I never read but I recall the differences being the government and media itself being controlled by SHOCKER as I've heard and it makes perfect sense.

Otherwise, such sightings of monstrous creatures,cyborgs and other phenomena f-ing up neighborhoods like soldiers would have never likely went under the radar. You can't keep anything under wraps as it is anymore unless you are the media and the government. This kind of thing was explored in Kabuto/Faiz but still hasn't been explored in later installments. I can figure those in cahoots with the authorities or someone rich and powerful as Kougami would be able to alter or eliminate the stories of those things occurring through the media the 99% consume in their troughs.

As I recall in reality , a similar thing occurred with SOPA and Protect IP Acts where none of the mainstream media reported an instant of it due to their ties. In that realization, I can see why the population doesn't know exactly what is happening with the Kamen Riders and the kaijin.

I also look at the show Nikita which is probably even closer. Assassin who breaks out of a government-sponsored secret agency,overcomes the brainwashing, solely fights the organization with an ally who acts like a recruit to it.

More likely, the Kamen Riders would be portrayed as the monsters if at all much like in Guyver how the Guyvers were demonized.

Would you really want to live in a world with Kamen Riders? I wouldn't. Despite how cool and awesome it might sound, it would be a literal war and hell on Earth. The Showa Era is bad enough but the Heisei Era.......:O_O:

Some of those stories are very depressing in their ramifications and while there are those who say modern Riders are nothing like the Showa Riders ,think again. It's worse if not as bad of a world.


It's this level of cliche cynicism that has become generic and gets shoved down our throats because it's hip and edgy. Yeah bad **** happens and life is not all rainbows and sunshine, I get it. But I stand by my previous post. The darkness is only half of the whole.

Power corrupts even the most just of people. Most people can't handle a semblance of power without downright corrupting and I find it interesting they have never tackled such a Rider. They did in a way with Ryuki,but to be fair, they wee brainwashed into killing each other.

Evil is a highly tempting thing, especially when there's a ton of power and influence you could potentially have at your disposal. If the Rider world was as I described, it would prove to be highly tempting to be evil and it would for the majority of mankind. They have loads of stories concerning this if you don't mention the most famous one of Jesus versus Satan. Satan offered to give Jesus all the world's kingdoms and all of the power,wealth and glory that comes with it and since he was in his human incarnation , it would prove highly tempting. Especially for a man that came out of a backwater called Galilee within the Roman province of Judea ruled and oppressed by the Romans. Yet he refused this temptation like the two others.

It would take a really selfless hero to be anything like our Kamen Riders who have no desires or greedy ambition. Only the desire to help others and be just. I'd freak if the majority of the population got access to the Rider technology because as will be seen in that teen superhero film Chronicle and in other satires of it, people would abuse their powers and make the world worse.

The average person is not all that bright and are easily driven astray by many things, even controlled by their emotions. If any of them were given the powers, we'll see giant bloodfeuds of psychos killing each other and destroying parts of a city over minute crap, bar fights become massacres, and lets not forget all those sales and Black Friday. People harm each other as it is on that day and it would escalate quickly. Police officers would have to be decked in full armor to break it up and whatnot. While the Rider powers are good , it's like giving a machine gun to children and expect them not to blow their brains out on accident. It's like with any weapon really.

Now let's throw in all the kaijin and the world becomes 10x as worse than that but if only select people had the powers, we'd might not go extinct within a few months/years in this theoretical world.

I can see there are great and upstanding people out there who would be able to be Riders in their own right , but if it was in real life, I can only see the amount of Riders to multiply, disregarding universes in different countries. But with the cost of making them/tech , I can only see it being a fewo f them with mixed results . And that would be fortunate, though a demand for Rider like armor would change society drastically.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top