Kamen Rider Ex-Aid - Episode 12: "Christmas Special - White Xmas Under Attack!"

I liked him when he wasn't a god
Meteor killed Fourze, only for him to be brought back the very next episode with the power of the Cosmic Switch.

But yeah, I think Lazer is out for at least the rest of the main show.

We'd have to count Drive and Gaim in there too ... although I don't think they were ever really presented as permanent deaths, since it was obvious the show couldn't continue to the end if they were dead.

The actor has flowers, and said in an interview this month that he won't be returning, so yeah, that's probably the last we've seen of him unless/until a Lazer V-Cinema happen ...

The Ends JustiΦ's the Means
Like Kurenai said, while character deaths don't necessarily elevate the quality of a show, sticking to your guns once you pull the trigger on a character can greatly help the progression of a show based on how the characters around them react and develop afterwards. I've never liked the notion of "a show needs death to be deep and compelling". But unless you have a really good reason for bringing a character back and it serves an actual purpose, they should probably stay dead. And I'm hoping that they treat Kiriya's death that way because it could really strengthen the bond between the remaining Riders of the show.

Wow. So much to cover, so little time... :(

Once again, like I said in the previous episode, Emu doesn't even bother talking to the kid directly. Is this a reflection of Japanese culture that I'm not aware of? I've been told it's very impolite to address your seniors directly and older people don't always enjoy talking to younger people (this came up in a conversation about real Senpai/Kouhai relationships, not anime ones). But has it really gotten so bad that adults refuse to talk to kids like they're normal people? It's not like we're dealing with a problem child here, I've seen WAY worse children in Tokusatsu before.
...Well, I guess it doesn't matter. Emu does some investigating and figures it out on his own anyways. Way to go for making kids seem beneath you, writers!

Also, Ex-Aid is wearing Shakariki Sports! ... Well, it's nice that these Gashats are a little interchangeable between Riders, but I think Genm wore it better. The contrast between the suit and the armor was much more striking. I thought it would look better on Ex-Aid because they share the same colors, but on Ex-Aid, the armor just blends in to the point of disappearing.

However, I could have easily done without all the Christmas stuff in this episode. ...Except that Poppy Jingle Bells remix. Let me tell you! I cringed, I laughed, I danced, I questioned my life decisions, and I wondered if the Japanese even have their own version of Jingle Bells or not. Would singing in English really be that hard?

But I love when a TV show can cram two big stories into one episode like this. Makes the episode feel even longer than it actually is. Every second counts, and we hang on every second! Especially when a major character dies?! NO!!! Not Lazer~! :O_O: Actually, I hate to say, but someone spoiled this twist ending for me. :shrug: I found an awesome pic of Lv. 3 Lazer on DeviantArt before I saw this episode, and the description for it was "RIP Lazer". Oh the disadvantages of having to play catch up...
Anyways, Genm Lv 10! He does wear white much better than pink and green. What an epic way to reveal a new form! ...But seriously? Lv. 10? Are we just skipping around with these Level numbers for no rhyme or reason? Do these numbers even mean anything, or are they just added in to sound important?

(My hand hurts from typing all that.)