Kamen Rider Den-O: A Year in Retrospect

Too bad not all of the DVD's are out yet. I have up to Vol. 6. Volume 7 doesn't come out until next month, I believe.

Yes, there's a new one on the 21st every month. Volume 7 is released on 2/21, 8 is released on 3/21, etc.
 
Kamen Rider Den-O: The Climax Goes on No Matter What

Just finished watching the finale.

[HIDE]That was a lot more epic than I thought it was gonna be. The last fight scene with every imagin was incredible! After all, who expected Sieg to return? (I do wish that he had used Wing Form once, though) It was also very sad when all of the imagin and Sakurai disappeared, but freaking hilarious when they all showed up again, especially when Deneb actually caught Yuuto eating shitake :laugh:

The only thing I don't fully grasp is why Ryoutarou felt it necessary to give his pass back to the owner. He didn't really need to, and the only thing that could've resulted from that would be him not being able to see everybody on board the dining car again. Well, like he said, they will all meet again in the future...[/HIDE]

In short: Great season, best toku ending I've ever seen. I'm definitely going to miss the story and all of the characters I've come to know and love over the past year, but as I've said before, "life goes on". And on that note, it's time to WAKE UP!! :169:
 
I just saw the finale last night. I gotta say, Ryou bullrushing Kai off the tower was ballsy.
Hissastsu Waza Final Version was totally awesome. Seeing Seig again was equally cool.
I can't believe it took me this long to realize it, but Sieg is a parody of Tendou Souji. You probably saw that conclusion a long time ago, but it just hit me.

Final Score for the series was 9.6 out of 10, improving over Kabuto's 7.
Farewell Den-o. and Welcome to Kiva.
 
wow, what a year that it was for Kamen Rider Den-O. i liked Kabuto so much that i thought Den-O was not going to impress me that much. as the series went on, it looked like it was going that way for me. when there was that movie crossover arch, i thought that it was going to lose me but i knew that it was done to attract attention for the movie. it wasn't until the 30's when we realize why people really don't remember Sakurai that the show got really interesting. after this point, i started to get into the show again and i loved it. unlike Kabuto the previous year, Den-O got very good when it was time to get serious. Kabuto was serious and great until the last 10 episodes or so when the writers realized that they had to hurry up and tie all the loose ends and it was not good. These are my pros and cons for Den-O...

Pros:
Story
Ryoutauro and his versatile acting
Rider Designs
Momotauros, Urataros, Kintaros, Ryuutaros
Deneb
Yuuto (he really is a tragic hero)
Overall music
Imajin designs
Action
Voice Acting

Cons:
Hana's storyline especially with the adult Hana
No backstory whatsoever for Kai
No big Imajin threat until Kai arrived

That's about it from my mind. There was a lot more good than bad in Den-O so that is a very very good thing. I will now remember Den-O for a while unless Kiva or future series changes that. I must say sayonara to Den-O and bring on Kiva. The climax will always continue....
 
Just finished watching the finale.

[HIDE]That was a lot more epic than I thought it was gonna be. The last fight scene with every imagin was incredible! After all, who expected Sieg to return? (I do wish that he had used Wing Form once, though) It was also very sad when all of the imagin and Sakurai disappeared, but freaking hilarious when they all showed up again, especially when Deneb actually caught Yuuto eating shitake :laugh:

The only thing I don't fully grasp is why Ryoutarou felt it necessary to give his pass back to the owner. He didn't really need to, and the only thing that could've resulted from that would be him not being able to see everybody on board the dining car again. Well, like he said, they will all meet again in the future...[/HIDE]

In short: Great season, best toku ending I've ever seen. I'm definitely going to miss the story and all of the characters I've come to know and love over the past year, but as I've said before, "life goes on". And on that note, it's time to WAKE UP!! :169:
Agreed
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top