I used reference pics online for the top, sides, and bottom of the ship. And redrew them in illustrator. I spray mounted my 11x17 prints onto foam core. Building myself, in essence, my own model kit. I reinforced the the sides and joints with hot glue, masking tape and duct tape.
Prints onto foam core, hm? So I assume that despite the size, it's very light? I'm a bit worried because what I'm planning will be smaller (Well, technically it is) but may need to be more rugged (and have more working parts). Also, I don't have a printer. But I can probably use your method for the outer frame of what I'm building.
Prints onto foam core, hm? So I assume that despite the size, it's very light? I'm a bit worried because what I'm planning will be smaller (Well, technically it is) but may need to be more rugged (and have more working parts). Also, I don't have a printer. But I can probably use your method for the outer frame of what I'm building.
- A small van or truck for my figma characters, one that'll do double duty as a display for Figuarts Riders.
I was plannign on purchasing a TMNT Turtle van, but it's so damn expensive, and considerign the modding I'll be doing, not worth it (It'll be like buying a mercedes-Benz to mod it into a dirt buggy).