James Cameron Would Like To Make A 3D Conversion Of Aliens

Aiens already feels bigger than most action movies today. The sets, the lighting, the ships, even the smoke everywhere would probably look really good in 3D if Cameron supervises it himself. A lot of bad 3D conversions happened because studios rushed them for extra ticket money, but Cameron is one of the few directors who actually cares about the format. I remember watching Avatar in theaters and it did feel different from normal 3D movies at the time. I think people forget that.

Also, Aliens already has scenes designed with depth in mind. The colony hallways, the elevators, the power loader fight, all of that could work well. I do understand why some fans want the original untouched version, but the old version still exists anyway. Nobody is deleting it. If the conversion looks bad, people can ignore it. But if it looks good, it could bring younger audiences into the movie again.
 
I like Aliens a lot, but I honestly do not care about 3D anymore. Back in the early 2010s it felt exciting because theaters pushed it hard, but now most people I know avoid it because the glasses are annoying and tickets cost more. Even when the effects look decent, I still feel like the screen gets darker.

At the same time, I trust Cameron more than most directors when it comes to this stuff. He is one of the few people who seems to understand how to use 3D without making objects fly into the audience every five minutes. So even if I personally would rather get a 4K remaster or something like that, I can still see why he wants to try it.

I just hope this does not turn into another trend where studios start converting every older movie again. Some films do not need it at all. Aliens at least makes more sense than a random comedy getting converted.
 
What I like is that Cameron is not acting embarrassed about old technology. Some directors talk about 3D like it was a mistake from the past decade, but he still believes in it. I respect that consistency. He built a huge part of his career around immersive visuals, so this feels natural for him.


Also, I laughed at the part about owning a 3D Blu-ray without the right TV. That is honestly relatable. A lot of people bought into 3D home media and then the industry suddenly stopped caring. It feels like unfinished business now.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top