Is "The Mandalorian" the Best Star Wars Content Since the Original Trilogy?

San Goku

Member
I just finished binging "The Mandalorian," and I can't help but feel like it's the best thing to come out of the Star Wars universe since the original trilogy. The blend of new characters with a classic Western vibe, the excellent storytelling, and not to mention Baby Yoda (or Grogu, if you're being formal) are just top-notch!

It's interesting how it manages to capture that feeling of adventure and uniqueness that made the originals so beloved, while also expanding the lore in ways I never expected. Plus, the production values are out of this world. The way they created that immersive universe using the Volume technology? Brilliant!

What do you all think? Does "The Mandalorian" live up to the legacy of the originals? Are there elements you think could be improved? I'm also curious about how it stacks up against other recent Star Wars content like "Obi-Wan Kenobi" or "The Bad Batch." Anyone got strong opinions on those? Let's hear 'em!
 
I totally get where you're coming from regarding "The Mandalorian." It really does feel like a return to form for Star Wars, with that perfect blend of nostalgia and fresh storytelling. The Western influence is a genius touch, and Grogu has undeniably stolen the hearts of fans everywhere. I think the way the series builds the lore while maintaining that classic Star Wars feel is what sets it apart from recent entries like "Obi-Wan Kenobi."

Speaking of "Obi-Wan," I wanted a bit more from that series, honestly. While it had some great moments, seeing Vader back in action was incredible, it didn't quite capture the same magic for me. "The Bad Batch" was interesting too, though it felt more like a direct tie-in to "The Clone Wars." For me, "The Mandalorian" stands out as the one that really rejuvenated the franchise. How do you feel about Grogu's arc? Do you think they should explore more about his past in future seasons?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top