"Immortal Classic" ~ 1001 Secret Ways to Make Kimchi?

The story has a really interesting plot with family secrets and betrayal. It's about Park Ge-Hyang and her tough journey dealing with her mother-in-law and surprising truths about her daughter.
 
I couldn’t stand "Immortal Classic." The plot is ridiculous, centering on a supposed secret kimchi recipe. The characters are either unbearably good or unrealistically evil.
 
Choi Min-Ji's character was THE WORST HUMAN BEING ON THE PLANET! They say some people will never take responsibility for their evil deeds and always blame someone else. Fortunately, I've never met anybody like this in real life.
 
The character I liked the most was the little girl, Hwang Bo-Ram (played by Yeo Hee-Goo). I wonder if she'll be like Kim You-Jung who the Koreans refer to as "Nation's Little Sister".
 
I have to say, I was initially skeptical about watching a series centered around kimchi recipes. However, “Immortal Classic” proved to be so much more. The characters are complex, with Park Ge-Hyang’s resilience and Kang San-Hae’s kindness standing out. The plot twists, especially the revelations about Kang San-Hae’s true parentage and Choi Jin-Mi’s treachery, kept me hooked. The cultural insights into kimchi-making were an added bonus. It’s a drama that combines emotional depth with cultural education, making it a unique and enriching experience.

What struck me was Lee Hanee playing such an obsessive possessive woman. As if a woman that gorgeous needs to beg for a man. LOL. Although when a woman wounds a man's heart, she shouldn't expect him to be deceived so easily. Lee Hanee is a really good actress. I loved her in “Knight Flower” and also in “Shine or Go Crazy”.

You are right about this Kdrama being educational and entertaining. Americans are just learning about the importance of fermented foods. Whereas Korean babies probably drank kimchi in their milk bottles. LOL.
 
Park Ge-Hyang’s journey is both heartbreaking and inspiring. Her mother-in-law’s cruelty and the unjust expulsion of Kang San-Hae were poignant plot points. The revelation of Choi Jin-Mi’s role in the family tragedy and the decision to hold a cooking competition instead of following tradition were brilliant twists. The detailed portrayal of various kimchi recipes added an educational element to the drama. It’s a series that showcases the importance of cultural heritage and personal resilience.
Ah! The mother-in-law? What gets me is when people KNOW that they have done something to you that is cruel, and then when they are about to die they want your forgiveness. Seems so hypocritical. As if she didn't know when she mistreated her daughter-in-law that it was cruel. As if years later you just realized how wrong you were? Gimme a break. Why do something you KNOW is wrong only to have to ask for forgiveness later? Think about it. Her cruel act caused a lot of unnecessary pain. Sometimes certain parts of fictional scripts rub me the wrong way. Like I said, you push past the obnoxious characters because you want the good people to triumph.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top