How many are you using rar files? (Winrar, if you will)

Winrar has had a history, at least for me, where some files wouldnt unzip properly, and would never let you know about it.

Also 7-Zip has a unique feature in that if it recognizes the file you want to unzip, it will have an option to rightclick to auto-unzip.
 
7zip is much better, much less chance of there being problems with unzipping stuff.

Mind you, why's that? I've heard so much about 7-zip, but why is it much better? What about Winrar? :hmm:
There have been instances where people have said that WinRAR doesn't work properly on their comps, whereas 7Zip does. They both basically work the same; the only real difference between them is that 7Zip is freeware. I personally have and use both on my computer. WinRAR is my default application, and if there's ever anything that I get that it cannot handle, then 7Zip is my backup.

And to address your original concerns, neither WinRAR nor 7Zip have any effect on your DL speeds.
 
I use winrar all the time and it doesn't slow down my internet or anything. I don't know whats going on with your computer Sentinel King. That is strange indeed.
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…