HJU Interview w/ the Dragon Knight Lead Writer: NATHAN LONG

Keith Justice

New Member


THE RESCUE MISSION
A Toku Action Interview
w/ Dragon Knight Lead Writer
Nathan Long
​

A huge industrial complex rose from the smog of ruined Ventara. Steam belched from exhaust vents, and strange silhouetted figures moved along the factory’s catwalks, keeping watch for intruders.

Within the steel walls, a half-conscious man was being dragged into a dark, fog-shrouded control room by hideous armored monsters. In the center of the room, a huge cylinder turned, revealing a towering figure.

For an instant the figure appeared to be wearing glistening black armor, but then, as it stepped into the light, it seemed only a man in a black coat, with a sly smile and a malevolent twinkle in his eye.

“Well well well, Nathan Long,” said the man. “The ‘writer’ of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight. It is a pleasure to finally meet my ‘creator.’”

Nathan raised his head, peering up at the man, confused. “Xaviax? But… you aren’t real! I invented you!”

“Invented me, Mr. Long?” said Xaviax as he stepped forward with a strange, collar-like device. “Or spied on me?” He opened the collar. Its inner curve was ringed with needles. “Now, lets see if we can discover how you–”

“Eat my JUSTICE!!!” The sound of a chainsaw roared through the darkness and a man leapt from the shadows, wielding a rifle underslung with a chainsaw bayonet. The monsters that held Nathan turned, readying their claws, but the mystery man ripped through them in an rain of pain from his Lancer Assault Rifle, sending them all flying back, screaming.

“Come on,” the man shouted, hauling Nathan to his feet.

“Who are you?” asked Nathan as he stumbled after him.

“Justice,” the man replied, and pumped a few rounds into the monsters as they climbed back to their feet. “Keith Justice. Steve Wang sent me to get you out of here before the War really begins. Come on. Through here.”

Justice raced into a side corridor, then down a metal stairway. Behind them they could hear Xaviax shouting curses and the heavy footsteps of his armored monsters.

“In here,” said Justice, pulling Nathan toward a utility closet. “We’ll stay here until they’ve given up the hunt. I’ve set up a mirror near here, but we won’t get to it with those bozos running around.”

“Fine,” said Nathan. “And thanks. I think you just saved my life.”

“No worries,” said Justice, “but, uh, since I have you here… mind if I ask you a couple questions from the fans?”

“Huh? Now? In the middle of the chase scene?” Nathan blinked, then shrugged. “Well, all right, but you’ve got one hell of a funny way of scoring an exclusive interview.”

“I do it for the fans,” says Justice with an overly exaggerated wink to the camera.


[More...]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
That was really interesting Keith. You can be sure I will be providing a link.

Yeah, some of his answers about adapting Ryuki were interesting and I have a better idea what kinda ride I am in for.
 
Ha, that's pretty cool. What I loved is that the translations they had where the 'Don't molest the lawyer' translations. Ah, good times.
 
All that filler thrown in...is this an interview or a fanfic? Geez, Keith...

Written by me and Nathan. :thumbs:

We wanted to give you a few glimpses into the DKU along with the raw interview stuff. Don't worry, the next couple will not be the further adventures of Keith, Kit and.... *sigh*, Maya. :anime:
 
Dude, this is great stuff.

 
Bad. Ass.

As if I didn't already think the show was going to be amazing, that amped me up even more. Good job Keith, and I loved the filler.

Molesting the lawyer or not, it's nice to know he actually watched the show his was based off of, unlike certain other unnamed writers.

And if anyone wanted to see them, images for the interview not smudgely resized. It's like you put Crisco on the Mona Lisa Keith, geez.



 
Nathon Long: "I think, if you want to point to one thing that made this show more than just another run of the mill Power Rangers clone, its that the Wang Brothers cared. They cared about making a show that they would want to watch, and a show that wouldn’t talk down to its audience. They are fans, and they made a show for fans."

I.Love.This.Guy
:buttrock:

someone smart. this is also more proof that Dragon Knight will be the sh!t.
 
Me too. I also loved this part.

"I worked very hard trying to tie all the different bits we had to work with into a coherent whole - the history of Ventara and how the Kamen Riders came to be, Xaviax’s history and why he took over Ventara and is now coming for Earth. All that stuff had to be pretty solid, because I’m a fan of that kind of world building too, and I wasn’t going to let anybody tell me, “It’s just a kid show. You don’t have to go into all that.†To my mind, it is the kid shows where you have to get that stuff right, because kids care. It all had to make sense, it all had to be internally consistent, and it all had to pay off down the line."
 
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…