HJU Adventures - Episode 2: "When Did You Realize... You Were Different?"

(Sneak Peak)

Anyway, while at ACen we interviewed a bunch of people and asked them when they realized they were different.

Tha you weren't like other kids or other people.

That you... were a geek.

I realized the first time Ghosbusters the cartoon landed and I gave the critque the my friend that I didn't like the background music.... and they looked at me strangely.

Last edited by a moderator:
By the Power of Gaia!!!
I think it was when I saw my first Godzilla movie as a kid. Every Saturday, one of the local channels would show the old Showa era movies and the first time I caught one, I was just completely taken in. After that, they were a regular part of my weekend routine.

I think it was when I saw my first Godzilla movie as a kid. Every Saturday, one of the local channels would show the old Showa era movies and the first time I caught one, I was just completely taken in. After that, they were a regular part of my weekend routine.

Amen to that! :thumbs:

S

scikaiju

Ditto

/B$ of the Tokusatsu. fanpage.
i think it was when i was 4 and an old dubbed version of the original ultraman came on and i was hooked, then mighty morphin power rangers hit and i was like "this is my destiny".

Agreed. :buttrock:

When Power Rangers first came out and I was only 1 of 2 kids in my 5th grade class who would admit to liking it, while everyone else made fun of it...and then I got into Star Trek...you never know how different you are until you become a fan of that...or Star Wars...

I realized I was different when I first watched the first episode of MMPR, and the DiC dub of Sailor Moon, that's when I first discovered that I was a fan, and that was the path that eventually lead me to tokusatsu, being interested in Japanese culture, and finally culminating in my joining HJU.

Although first playing Sonic the Hedgehog 2 with my cousin helped me go into that path as well. :sweat: