Has anyone ever watched the anime The Skull Man?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dr Kain
  • Start date Start date
at the least, it can be said that Skull Man was the visual inspiration for Kamen Rider, as the manga's Skull Man and Kamen Rider 1 do bear similarity
 
Have you ever watched the anime The Skull Man? Does it get any better? I just watched the first four episodes and I am bored out of my mind with it. I thought it was going to be something similar to Kamen Rider, just with an anti-hero, but for the series being named Skull Man, he is hardly even in it.

The Show is good in it's way, but not much like the manga. Your problem was expecting a rider series. It's more of a mystery show.
 
Here's a question...

Studio Bones or Ishinomori Pro...who should've animated? Or should of it been someone else?

Just wondering in case they do a legitimate Kamen Rider anime.
 
I've only ever seen Episode 0 & Episode 1 when they first got sub'd a long time ago. I didn't much care for it as I found it just plain boring.

In my opinion the only thing good about Skull Man was the costume design of Skull Man.
 
this version of skullman is more connected to
cyborg 009
the ending is strong indication of it.

i like how the art style is somewhat faithful to ishinomori. yeah, it is slow, but i felt the journey to the ending was worth it.
 
The Show is good in it's way, but not much like the manga. Your problem was expecting a rider series. It's more of a mystery show.

No, my problem is the show is so convoluted that it makes Boogiepop Phantom look straightforward. Anyway, it does not matter, I turned it off after episode 5 and threw it in my "To sell" pile.
 
Yea, Like I said. You wanted action. It's a mystery. It's supposed to be less-than straightforward.

Goodluck selling it. Someone out there's getting a fun series.
 
i can understand peoples dissapointment if they want something like kamen rider, but i think skullman has its own great qualities. i really like dark stories and yes, i agree that it is a mystery series with a lot of noir qualities. im into that stuff as well which is why i like it and its connection to another ishinomori series which was very clever.
 
I guess I am lucky. I've become a very patient guy over the years. I've learned to stick with a series to the bitter end. Usually, for me, just a little bit of the first half of a series is enough to tell me if I will like it or not. But sometimes, if the hype or if the appreciation is big enough, I'll stick with a series longer than usual just to see what the big deal is. And sometimes I don't see it, but I was glad I stuck around and completed the Skull Man anime.

Sure, it didn't come with the live action Episode 0 I wanted. And sure, I was confused when the story didn't play out like a tokusatsu. But anime is anime. Anime HAS to be different for the audience it brings. And the mystery angle perked my interest. The Skull Man anime doesn't get interesting til near the bitter end, but you won't full the full gravity of the ending unless you stick through the whole series. The ending really ties everything together nicely, so I am glad I stuck around. Sometimes, you can enjoy action scenes and heroes more if you've earned it; rather than just cutting the story short and filling a movie or TV series with tons of action. Might be instant-gratification, but it can also get senseless after a while.
 
i watched one episode of the anime and it was one of the slowest animes i have ever seen.

the 1990s manga on the other hand, is dark action packed fun. skip the anime, go for the manga instead.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top