Nothing. At least not in my town.

Weird New Jersey is where I find all the ghost stories.

boogie woogie feng shui
The house I lived in as a kid is a short swim across the river from a mental institution.

And I once witnessed a ghost using the toilet.

True story.

Banned
There are no real "haunted" places in my area as my area is pretty "new" compared to the New England area. However, there are a few haunted houses and I lived in one such house.

We use to rent this house, about five to six (2000 - 2001) years ago now, and it was a fairly new house. It was built in the 1920 and only had two owners.

The house was a single story with a half cellar which could only be accessed from the backyard. The yard itself was enclosed on all sides by a fence and the nearest houses were yards away from our bedroom window. One house, directly behind us, was at least 500 feet from our house and the other house, to our right (to the left and front were streets), was a large dog run with a six foot fence then their garage then a walkway that led from their garage to their house so the main house from our house was at least 1000 feet away, if not more.

In our backyard, next to the dog run, was a metal shed with a light that could only be turned on by pulling the string. The light in the shed could not be turned on from the garage or the house. Every night after 11 PM the light on the shed would turn itself on. No, the light wasn't on a timer because it was an older shed with an older light fixture that needed the light to be pulled on by a string. I or the hubby would go turn it off and when we'd look through our bedroom window, as our bedroom window was directly in front of the shed, the light would be on again.

Now, it couldn't have been any of the neighbors since the lady behind our house was fairly old and the couple next to us had children then our own (who were under the age of 6 back then). Two sides of our yard was surrounded by a six foot wood fence with no access from the street, the other two sides were six foot chain link fences with one being a dog run so it was a double six foot fence that extended from the front of the street to the back and was ten feet wide. No way anyone could come from that side due to the dog being there.

Almost every night, our bedroom light would also turn on. It was annoying when we'd be in bed and the light would turn on. I'm a light sleeper and the second a light is turned on, I'm wide awake. It's the same with noise which is why I sleep with a fan on. I fixed the light switch, replaced it, thinking it was just an old switch but that still didn't take care of the problem. The bedroom light turning on wasn't a nightly thing, thank goodness, but it was often enough that it got on my nerves.

On top of that, from time to time, I would wake up to a baby crying. Everyone heard it at night time. My mother heard it as did my hubby. Now, it couldn't have been any of my children because it was the sound of a new born baby and at the time I wasn't pregnant with my eldest boy (we only had the girls) and the youngest of the girls was around three-years-old. Either I or the hubby would get up to check on the girls to make sure they weren't crying and sure enough, it wasn't them. It couldn't have been the neighbors because the crying was loud enough to sound like it was in the next room and due to how far the houses were from the nearest neighbors with small kids, there just was no way it could have come from their house.

That house was haunted, there's no doubt in my mind because you could also hear a woman whispering when it was late at night. The current owner's parents owned the house previously and I'm convinced it's his mother haunting the place since they were the original owners dating from the 1920s. He's the second owner. He said his mother died in Texas but I have a feeling it's her haunting the house because it was her house that she moved into as a young bride.

We lived in that house for around two years then moved to a farm house also belonging to another town settler but that house wasn't haunted to my knowledge. The house we're currently living in "shares" a ghost with the neighbor. It's their ghost (the three sets of neighbors that live across the street have seen her) but she comes into our house since the two houses are less then 20 feet apart. Now, unlike the old woman in that one house, THIS particular ghost likes to play pranks by moving stuff and hiding things. But at least when you tell her to put things back she will. Over in their house though, heh, she does more damaging pranks including flooding their basement several times. The owner is a plumber and has fixed his plumbing several times. They finally moved out and "fixed" the plumbing and electrical (again) and are now renting it out to a military couple. The couple were unaware of the "problems" that house has had and didn't believe in ghosts until recently. Heh.

I've never seen a ghost nor do I want to see a ghost but I've had my share of ghosts with two of the houses I've lived at. I'm just glad the ghosts I've lived with are nice ghosts and not mean ones.

boogie woogie feng shui
Awesome, Mika!

Hehehehe, I love creepy things.

Madison has a riot downtown during Halloween for four years straight. And some say... it may happen again THIS year..... O__O

Resident Precureologist
Near where I live are two equally "haunted" places: The Dennis Inn and Scargo tower: The Dennis Inn has "Linda" a spectral personality that people have said to experienced but never seen. The tower has the midnight scream. People at the tower at midnight hear a loud scream coming from the top of the tower and terminating at the bottom.

Banned
Near where I live are two equally "haunted" places: The Dennis Inn and Scargo tower: The Dennis Inn has "Linda" a spectral personality that people have said to experienced but never seen. The tower has the midnight scream. People at the tower at midnight hear a loud scream coming from the top of the tower and terminating at the bottom.

Ahh, so you live in Mass. If I'm not mistaken, that's in the cape area, isn't it? Weren't both places featured in one of those "Haunted" series shown on the Travel Channel?