Guardians of the Galaxy Talkback Thread

chronoxiong

Digital Artist
Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-End-Credits-Scene-Explained.jpg


Watched this movie last night and loved it too. Really didn't know what to expect but James Gunn was able to surprise me and give me a fresh new movie to see. The heroes were likeable too. Chris Pratt really looked good in a leading role (only previous movie I saw he was in was The Five Year Engagement Plan). Gamora was okay but we didnt really get to see how she is a badass chick. Nebula was made to look more deadlier. Dave Bautista as Drax was cool too as he got to say some good lineups. Rocket Raccoon and Groot were big time highlights. They were the question marks heading in but by the end of the film, you end up loving them.

The main villain sadly reminded me of Thor: DW's villain. Not much development and even with an Infinity Stone in his possession, he gets outclassed. Lastly, Thanos had a few scenes and man was he awesome. Everyone fears him and rightly so. Can't wait to see how he obtains all Infinity Stones in future movies. Overall rating 9/10 because I still rank the Avengers above this film.
 
Last edited:
I really liked Guardians of the Galaxy. It had humor and action. My only complaint were the villains. So bland and one sided. And Karen Gillian, shame on her. That was such a shameful performance. It was so robotic and nothing compared to what she can really do.
 
I agree with the villains. Ronan looked sick, but wasn't much of a threat.

Dave did a better job as Drax than I thought he would, but still had some hiccups.

Gamora isn't given the attention she needs to show just how dangerous she is. That and Zoe possibly could have done better with what little she had.

Rocket, Groot, and Star-Lord were on point. Soundtrack was...sound; and the line at the end battle by Star-Lord, "You said it yourself bitch, we're the Guardians of the Galaxy" gave me the heebie jeebies.
 
I think Ronan was great but just didn't get to do much.

I get why a lot of people think he was meh/flat, probably because he was Raza (a thinly veiled Terrorist stereotype from the first Iron Man movie) painted blue and actually given time to do something but I liked how fearless he was in face of Thanos and how brutal he was seemingly capable of being. Also that make up team deserves an award, never knew they would get Ronan as close as they got him looking to his comic book self in the movie.

But anyway, a great movie, great soundtrack and overall a great win for comic book movies in general.
 
At the end of the movie, when we see the little sapling version of Groot dancing in his little pot, for some reason I was reminded of this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn9k4PHLQ9E"]SolarNLife.com Solar Lucky Flip Flop Dancing Big Apple Flower (Purple) by Solar N Life - YouTube[/ame]
 
This movie is now Marvel Studios' third highest grossing movie of all-time behind The Avengers and Iron Man 3. Who would've guessed that happening when it was first announced? I'm sure no one did.
 
Even if the movie did suck, which it didn't...I'd still watch it for the coon and the tree. Now I am really hopeful for a Howard the Duck/Man-Thing team up.




PS: Now they just need to do a Squirrel Girl Movie.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top