All together now - BABY DAN DAN! BABY DAN DAN!

Tsuburaya have announced that their 1993 toku series Gridman the Hyper Agent will be streaming weekly with subtitles on their youtube channel. As with most of their Ultraman content, each episode of Gridman will only be available for two weeks before being removed. Each episode will be made available at 6.30PM Japanese time.

Gridman the Hyper Agent was made in 1993 in honor of the 30th anniversary of the founding of Tsuburaya Productions. Naoto, Yuka and Ippei create their own video game super-hero, but then discover it's possessed by an inter-dimensional police officer called Gridman. Gridman merges with Naoto in order to fight digitized monsters (created by their classmate Takeshi) in order to prevent Kahn Digifer from wreaking havoc on their town and the entire world.

Gridman is infamously the show that Tsuburaya and DIC collaborated on in order to adapt it into Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad, and more recently received an anime adaptation (co-created with studio Trigger) called SSSS.Gridman.

Episode one has been released today (October 30th)!

S

scikaiju

Wow, almost makes you wish Toei would take some notes and used their channel like this

D

Dr Kain

I'll pass on this. I'm just not in the mood to play this 2 week limited viewing game for something that is over 20 years old.

Hell, I hate it with Z since I like to binge 5 or so episodes at a time, but I deal with it because it's new.

On the basis of the first three episodes, it's fine. Not great, just fine.

I'm waiting to see what happens next week though. Apparently the subtitles are the same ones from the TOKU HD television broadcast...which allegedly took the subs for the first three episodes from a barely-started fansub and then had 'hksub' quality translations for the rest of the series. So next week is where I see if I stick with it or not.