Good News Everyone! Futurama is getting a new season

"We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands."

Makes me wonder how much they were asking for.
 

I've lost interest a long time ago, but to hear that they're returning without the original voice cast? Having a new season without the original cast ain't a very good idea :laugh: time can only tell I guess, if it'll turn out good.

...but I highly doubt it

So? The same thing happened to DBZ and it turned out fine.
the thing about that is, this ain't your typical anime. Watching Futurama without your original voice actors that we are all familiar with would be like watching The Simpson without the original voice actors or Family guy without there original cast. It just seems wrong. That's how I see it anyways...
 
Last edited:
I've lost interest a long time ago, but to hear that they're returning without the original voice cast? Having a new season without the original cast ain't a very good idea :laugh: time can only tell I guess, if it'll turn out good.

...but I highly doubt it


the thing about that is, this ain't your typical anime. Watching Futurama without your original voice actors that we are all familiar with would be like watching The Simpson without the original voice actors or Family guy without there original cast. It just seems wrong. That's how I see it anyways...

I want confirmation from a credible source, like the creators ,not from a website. That's why I holding my breath until Comic Con arrives for a preview, or for the first episode of the new season.

This is probably just some rumor or a way to get the VAs to compromise with their salaries ,so don't hold your breath.
 
Dude. These characters have reached icon status. When you up and change Bender's voice, people are going to notice. People are going to care. No one gives two shits whether or not Goku talks different between episode 2,445 and 2,446, because he spent the entire time screaming and giving the audience a seizure. Futurama IS it's characters. Swapping the actors with imitators is always lousy.
Look at The Return of Jafar. We don't have Genie, we have Dane Castellaneta trying to imitate Robin Williams doing the Genie. And it feels hollow.
 
Dude. These characters have reached icon status.

So has Goku but its just not the same as per say Bender. Like Barashin said it'd be like changing the voice cast of the Simpsons. Well if they can get someone to sound nearly identical to the original voice cast I suppose it wouldn't feel all that different. Only time will tell though. Kinda sad to hear that Doug Funny isn't playing Fry anymore.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top