Go-onger...... God, This is Killing Me.

Not Turboranger. While Turboranger was initially a bit lighter, a little more feelgood (for lack of a better term), it never was an out-and-out comedy or parody. And it became darker as the show went on, anyway.

People only label Turboranger as being "goofy" because the background of the story involves a race of fairies, despite the fact that it wasn't anything really cutesy. People can handle characters turning into fans, or fighting with bullhorns, but fairies are too much. And just the one fairy was the team's assistant who was rarely on-screen -- hamsters and singing plant assistants are OK, but a fairy is too much. :eyebrow:

well, I've only seen the first few episodes of turborangers and, though I agree it's not a full blown comedy that carrangers was or go-onger is trying to be, I do have to say it was much more lighthearted then the other 80's shows I've seen. I think turborangers basically started the trend that car-based sentai are usually tend to be more lighthearted then other sentais, while carrangers took that into overdrive and go-onger then went and did WAY too much with it. I'm gonna try and watch more turboranger (I loved the monster designs and I actually like the entire "demons are coming out because pollution weakened the fairy magic that sealed them" storyline.) but I just think if you see a sentai where a guys doing katas, theres gonna be major melodrama(though for gekirangers, it took them a good twenty episodes untill it started with that). if you see a sentai with dinosaurs, there a pretty good chance theirs gonna be a ranger who attacks the other rangers in one way or another then joins and dies. so in about ten years, if you see another team of sentai driving cars, I'm gonna be pretty sure it's gonna be more comedic then what you expect. I hope more people do too rather then complain about it being less serious.
 
Bill told me KAGE did it...

I don't know who Bill is, but he should know that if the singer sounds like they ate a pinecone and washed it down with a case of scotch, then it's 110% Akira Kushida.

Kageyama hasn't been with Columbia for a few years -- he's pretty much done with sentai music for the moment.
 
I don't know who Bill is, but he should know that if the singer sounds like they ate a pinecone and washed it down with a case of scotch, then it's 110% Akira Kushida.

Kageyama hasn't been with Columbia for a few years -- he's pretty much done with sentai music for the moment.

i thought it was kage while i was watching it live. i didnt know. keyhole sucks
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top