Go-onger...... God, This is Killing Me.

Its not that serious = good. Go-onger is enjoyable, it just lacks the sense of urgency that compels us to want to see what happens next.

I watched each episode of Gekiranger not more than an hour after I downloaded it. With Go-onger, I usually wait until I need to wait 20 minutes cooking a frozen pizza or something.

Really though, I think Gekiranger just spoiled most of us rotten.

I really didn't enjoy Geki, its not that it wasn't good I enjoyed a lot of it, but it just didn't do it for me.

I pretty much have enjoyed all the Sentai's I've watched, all for different reasons. I guess I can just suspend my love of previous Series enough to enjoy the other series and not go "Oh well they could have done this like the other series" that some people seem to get trapped in when watching. I have noticed though that the series I've loved seemed to be the ones that others don't like which is kind of maddening, because it's hard to discuss anything around all the bitching(Here is not as bad as other places). :laugh: :P
 
I really didn't enjoy Geki, its not that it wasn't good I enjoyed a lot of it, but it just didn't do it for me.

I pretty much have enjoyed all the Sentai's I've watched, all for different reasons. I guess I can just suspend my love of previous Series enough to enjoy the other series and not go "Oh well they could have done this like the other series" that some people seem to get trapped in when watching. I have noticed though that the series I've loved seemed to be the ones that others don't like which is kind of maddening, because it's hard to discuss anything around all the bitching(Here is not as bad as other places). :laugh: :P

you and me both.

i still have faith in go-onger. i'm telling you the end is gonna be a huge blow out

wait and see :169:
 
i think if i was having trouble enjoying a sentai show, i would just get the merchandise because it helps you get more involved with it rather than sitting around and just look at it, believe me, im getting bored out of my mind because

the go-on wings merchandise cant get here fast enough, but im still enjoying go-onger though, i just need the merchandise to keep me with it. call me crazy, that's just how i feel.
 
What's with the Gunpei hate? Gunpei's my favorite of the bunch. :laugh: I think he's made quite an improvement since the first couple of episodes. Kenji Ebisawa's said he had trouble playing the tough, cruel guy, and I think the writers recognized that and began to suit Gunpei more to Ebisawa's ability. That is, it's shown that Gunpei is not as cool and serious as he thinks he is.

While it would have helped to simply hire an actor who could have played the part as is (duh), at least they tailored the character to fit the actor, rather than force it onto him when he wasn't equipped to play the part. Gunpei could have easily become as bad as Masumi/Bouken Black, a character who was never believable, never as "cool" or "tough" as he was intended, and just came off as completely ridiculous.



Not the way Tokuyama's doing it, no. I think Koutarou Tanaka did this schtick better as Nakadai/Abare Killer.

This hit it right on the head. Gunpei is the only character I can stand watching because he actually has some dimension to him. He is serious at time but sometimes overdoes it and embarrasses himself. Thats when he gets hysterical and goes crazy. Thats much better than all the other characters that are just on one track.

Ive watched all the eps so far and Im seriously thinking about quitting the show, first time since Abaranger which i couldnt continue because both I couldnt find subs and didnt like some of the characters. Here, I stopped for a while, but when I heard two new rangers were coming and one was Kickhopper, I caught up with the episodes I missed, as painful as that was. But, when the debut episode came, it was the only good episode. The ones following it went back to the same old rhyme. Hiroto would have been a much cooler character if he didnt sound so depressed. Miu is there just for eye candy as far as I can tell.

This whole season just seems like it missed the mark for me. I have been rewatching shows like Faiz and Boukenger and as much as people ragged on Boukenger, I like it a hell of a lot better than Go-onger. The only thing that Go-onger had going for it going in was the suits. But the horrible acting and ugly-as-hell mechs couldnt save it for anything. Im usually very lenient about shows, thats why I gave the show as much time as I have, but i think I may just drop it. The only thing I cant wait for is the Go-onger vs Gekiranger movie, but only to see teh Gekirangers one more time and to see how much they will own.
 
That's what I did. I gave it till they added new Rangers, but in this case, it was horrid. Gold can't act for ****, silver has looks and nothing else. Their henshin devices are a joke. I am huge sentai fanboy, anyone that knows me knows this, but Go-onger is awful. I am hoping next year we have a better sentai. As it stands now I am just rewatching older shows, and catching up on stuff I didn't finish. It's a good thing Tomica rocks, and Kiva is just killer. Dogga form for the win.

That's for sure Gold is just an horrble B actor and Silver just started acting since last year. and for some strange reason i still like go-onger. but i don't have have any good reason it's maybe because none ot these rangers has an mentor.
 
Keith, just watch Tomica Hero Rescue Force, and Kamen Rider Kiva, You'll thank me in the end.:thumbs:

Rescue Force is getting better. TV-Nihon sub 13 so far and 2 DVD specials.

As for Kiva the only thing cool is that all the good stuff happens in 86.

But as for Go-Onger it tries too hard to be a carbon copy of Carranger.:redface2:
 
Uggghh............. Lord God this is horrible. I mean, for me... I suppose if I was 5? And that's not an insult cuz that's the age this is meant for, but good God.... I'm glad Sentai and Kamen Rider seem to switch who's going to be pure goofery cuz I'd have nothing to watch.

I'm sorry, but Go-onger is making me ill trying to watch it. :(

106k76u.jpg


Say hello to the demographic.

p4060027si0.jpg


Hi Demographic!
^_^_^_^

By you acknowledging the age group, you just negated your argument.
 
Last edited:
Ladymercury that logic doesn't fly with me. No one here thinks anything else than this show being a JAPANESE kids show. That does not mean we do not have a right to say what we don't like about it. Keith was just fine in what he stated. Your post was a bit over dramatic.
 
Ladymercury that logic doesn't fly with me. No one here thinks anything else than this show being a JAPANESE kids show. That does not mean we do not have a right to say what we don't like about it. Keith was just fine in what he stated. Your post was a bit over dramatic.

I am going to have to disagree. I wont repeat myself because I have said this countless times, but if you read his post he negates himself in his complaint.

Overdramatic, more so, forcing a point.
 
No, makes it clear he is speaking from his perspective and not that of the target audience. He doesn't negate anything.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top