Florida Pather Richard Zednik stable after artery cut by skate

BigMac1212

New Member
It was a scary scene at the HSBC Arena in Buffalo on Sunday Night. Florida captain Olli Jokinin accidently cut Zednik's neck when he was falling. Richard left the ice and left a trail of blood to the bench. It wasn't just a mere papercut; Zednik's carotid artery was severed! He lost 5 units of blood, but he's okay. Here's the article:

ESPN article on the surgury

I always though that hockey skates were dull. I didn't know they can be hazardous.

My thoughs and prayers are with the Zednik family and the Pather organization.
 
Last edited:
I saw the video, and it's not pretty.

The real problem was Richard was cut behind the left net (from the angle of the television camera) during the 3rd period. Florida's bench (the visiting team) was on the right. Zednick had to travel more than half the lenght of the ice just to get into the players tunnel.

I feel sorry for Zednik. He's a good player. This was just a freak accident. He'll be in my prayers.
 
I saw the clip of where he fell on the skate and had blood pouring out of his neck. Ugh. I noticed I grabbed my own throat and cringed at it. Ick.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top