I'll be posting up a stickied Talkback once the show lands so we can all watch, discuss, and cheer.
I just finished the series today and wow..... I can't believe I missed that show and it breaks my heart that the show didn't blossom into what it could've been and deserved to be.
I just finished the series today and wow..... I can't believe I missed that show and it breaks my heart that the show didn't blossom into what it could've been and deserved to be.
You can blame Fox for that. They but in the freaking death slot for crying outloud. And I think they were expecting Buffy in space instead of what the show actually was. It's a shame two because Whedon did everyting they asked of him. He made Malcolm a little nicer, he rearrange the pilot so it had more action. It's a shame to see Fox get a show they don't seem to understand and let it go to waste
While I'd like to blame Fox for putting it in the death slot.... as pop culture goes now, I really can't see a show like this being succesful outside of the Sci-Fi Channel... people just aren't down with the big Sci-Fi anymore.... at least not lately.
They're all Sci-Fi'd out. There are only so many sci-fi plots to go around, and they start to become contrived after awhile.
Seriously, between video games, movies, anime, cartoons, the Star Trek series', SG-1, various other sci-fi series, and novels... what's left that's new?