Tabletop Favorite Card Game

This is going to sound generic but I want to know: What's your favorite card game? What's a story that you can tell me that happened doing this game? This could be something like Pokemon to Yu-gi-oh to games that use ordinary cards. I LOVED Uno growing up and it's still a game that's fun to play. I always had trouble winning against my mom, though. No matter the strategy, she ALWAYS wins.

Yu-Gi-Oh all the way! I've been playing since I was a kid, and I still play occasionally! In fact, I actually collect many different rarities of Yu-Gi-Oh cards.

I also played a little Pokemon, but no where on the level that I played Yu-Gi-Oh!

I approve, Nick! :D I sucked at the game personally, but I loved the cards. I was especially happy when I had a dark magician card. I felt like a junior Yu-gi-oh for having his favorite card in my deck. I never did win or get a chance to play him much though. :(

Still, love the game, oh so very much!

This is going to sound generic but I want to know: What's your favorite card game? What's a story that you can tell me that happened doing this game? This could be something like Pokemon to Yu-gi-oh to games that use ordinary cards. I LOVED Uno growing up and it's still a game that's fun to play. I always had trouble winning against my mom, though. No matter the strategy, she ALWAYS wins.
Spades and crazy eight's were two of my favorites. My grad mom liked playing Pitty Pat. Cards where a great way to pass time, before technology got the best of us.

I volunteer that every household have a no computers/tech day! I wouldn't mind being off of the computer for and just playing some card games with my family. Oh, board games too! I miss those times with my family when we were all just a bit happier. :( Anyway, great for sharing, Kamarsun1! :3

I'm not sure it fits in here, but I really like playing Hearthstone. It's a card game, only online.
It's the only online game I play regularly. I know that Magic: The Gathering is of the same type and much more famous, but I haven't tried it yet.
I think card games are great, because other than entertaining you, they also stimulate creative and strategic thinking.
Do you have other games to recommend? :)

Love SkipBo and Uno. I loved playing YuGiOh when I was 12... and to this day, I love playing with real cards "Bullshit" and whatever that other game is called. "President" or "Asshole". Cards are fun to carry around and have people playing easy. I cannot really carry my old YuGiOh deck of cards and hope someone will be walking around with one, too. XD

"and whatever that other game is called. "President" or "Asshole"
loonshine
, that is funny! Are the two words interchangeable?

Magic the gathering I use to play it with my dad, or I made my dad play with me. I got really sick when I was younger and I use to play it to pass the time. Later I played tournaments and with my husband. I don't have the money to keep up with it anymore.
I also like to play uno, flux, and card wars. My daughter got interested in Pokemon so I play with her sometimes to.

Magic the Gathering is the only game I ever really enjoyed. I tried playing a few others when I was younger but I could never understand it so it just got frustrating. I mainly only played against my ex since I didn't have my own deck and would have to use his. One time I was using a red/blue deck and he was using his zombie deck. He built up an army of around 50,000 zombies (they multiply like crazy if you have the right cards). It was pretty crazy. What was even more fun though, was that once he attacked I used a card that basically negated everything. Then on my next turn I used a ton of direct HP attacks that took his health from full to zero in one turn. :D He thought he was being nice since I wasn't getting very many monsters on the field, little did he know I was tossing out the monsters from my hand while building up on cards to hit him directly. It was a fun game.