EUREKA 7 - Saturdays @ Midnight, Only on [adult swim]

To move past ridiculous opinions and get back on track, I liked tonight's episode. I usually HATE it when they try to show a kid turning into a man, because they never actually become a man in my eyes. But in this episode they made serious progress.


Favorite lines Loosely quoted:

"Why didn't you tell them the kids broke the machine Renton? Because you're an adult? Because you're a man?"

"Because I'm Renton Thurston and that's what I do."

"I don't understand."

"Neither do I."

Not an instant transformation, but it does take awhile.
 
Last edited:
J-Caizer said:
I can't do it... it's been far too long since I enjoyed myself some Mecha anime, but this... I can't stand Renton and the pacing of the show.... it's just not holding me with any meaning or heart.

Great animation, but not nearly enough solid plot that'd it makes me want to tune in again. :(

this is why you cant really watch some Anime on TV. Like Scryed. I was lucky I got the boxed set before the TV airing. That show moved very slow at first. If I was forced to watch on a weekly basis I would have lost interest. But since I was able to watch the show in one sitting, from start to finish, I was able to enjoy it a hell of a lot.

Eureka might be the same thing. I bet it does move along but you just have to watch it in bulk, not in small doses.

I continue to watch it. Renton's attitude is your stereotypical japanese kid. Over reacts to everything, a little shy, bleh. But I can see the potential of where things might lead. Hopefully it doesnt dissapoint
 
It doesn't, it does pick up and the plot will get a lot deeper. The ending is pretty amazing in itself and it ties up everything in a great way. Stick with the show as long as you can and you'll defiently get your time paid back to you.
 
Sage Shinigami said:
To move past ridiculous opinions and get back on track, I liked tonight's episode.

Somehow i feel as though that was a shot at me once again. Is it really a ridiculous opinion to say that dubbed anime sucks? NO! Is it a ridiculous opinion to say that Burger King is better than Mcdonalds? YES! Did what i just say make any sense at all? NO! But the point is that no matter what your opinion is, people should respect it. And as "ridiculous" as my opinion might be to you it's still an opinion and thats all it is. Please have the courtesy to be a little more respectful as i have been to you.
 
Last edited:
KingSentai said:
Somehow i feel as though that was a shot at me once again. Is it really a ridiculous opinion to say that dubbed anime sucks? NO! Is it a ridiculous opinion to say that Burger King is better than Mcdonalds? YES! Did what i just say make any sense at all? NO! But the point is that no matter what your opinion is, people should respect it. And as "ridiculous" as my opinion might be to you it's still an opinion and thats all it is. Please have the courtesy to be a little more respectful as i have been to you.

I respect your opinion, but that doesn't stop it from being any less ridiculous. A.) You can't expect EVERYONE to watch subbed anime. My cousin's bought more anime in the past two years than I have in my whole life (and I mean 1000s of dollars) but he refuses to watch subbed. There are lots like him and the anime industry could very well collapse if you tried to make people watch subbed.
B.) You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you like dubbed anime, or you don't like dubbed anime. You can't say "subbed anime is always better than dubbed...except with x animes". This one bothers me a lot less than A, but still...
 
Sage Shinigami said:
I respect your opinion, but that doesn't stop it from being any less ridiculous. A.) You can't expect EVERYONE to watch subbed anime. My cousin's bought more anime in the past two years than I have in my whole life (and I mean 1000s of dollars) but he refuses to watch subbed. There are lots like him and the anime industry could very well collapse if you tried to make people watch subbed.
B.) You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you like dubbed anime, or you don't like dubbed anime. You can't say "subbed anime is always better than dubbed...except with x animes". This one bothers me a lot less than A, but still...

A. I never said i wanted or expect EVERYONE to watch subbed anime. That's your choice whether you want to watch it subbed or dubbed. Not sure what your cousin buying anime has to do with this but let's move on. My opinion is only ridiculous to you because you dont seem to like the fact that there are people like me out there who hate dubbed anime. Personally i hate dubbed anime because the voices are ridiculous. The only anime that is worth watching dubbed is anime dubbed the right way. Like New Fist of the North Star. Guys like Robert Kraft make it worth watching in english. I am currently looking to get into the VA field and will not be disappointing fans like myself when and IF i get to dub anime. I doubt the anime industry would collapse because of subbed anime.

B. Actually you CAN have your cake and eat it too. As i pointed out before, subbed anime is always better because everything is as it was made. No scene cutting, no disgusting VA's and no story changes. The exception can be made when it's a show or series like New Fist of the North Star, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, GITS: SAC, Wolf's Rain and Samurai Champloo to name a few. My problem with dubbed anime is the VA aspect. It's not done well enough to make it worth watching. One Piece, Shaman King, DBZ and Naruto are perfect examples of that.

I got an idea. How about we end this conversation now and save ourselves the time it takes to reply? Or if you want to quote me and try to make your point we can continue this until the end of time. Honestly, replying back and forth and quoting each other over and over wont change anything. I have my point of view and you have yours. In the end you will still watch dubbed and i will watch subbed.
 
KingSentai said:
Not sure what your cousin buying anime has to do with this but let's move on. I doubt the anime industry would collapse because of subbed anime.

You kidding? If they went all subbed I'd go all pirate. I just blew 200 bucks on some anime, but I only did it 'cause it was dubbed. If they sub it....what the hell's the difference between their version and a fansub version? I'm not paying for that, and if I do I'd rather give it to the original JP company (and pay their ridiculous prices no less) than greedy localization companies who put VAs out of work and just want money. (And, my cousin spending all sorts of money on anime because it was dubbed was the point. Not sure how you missed that but I provided a better example.)


B. Actually you CAN have your cake and eat it too.

:bawling: :bawling: Fine.



In the end you will still watch dubbed and i will watch subbed.

Actually, in the end I will still watch both because I like anime. I will occasionally skip over bad dubs, but I can only think of 4Kids as an example of those who still do them. Bad dubs include changing of voices to give accents people in Japan don't have, and overall edit cuts to make the story more kid-friendly. Really, the only people doing that are 4Kids. So yeah, when shows like One Piece and Shaman King come on TV, I change the channel just like you do. But when Naruto comes on, I put away my elitist attitude and sit and enjoy a good show. Then later on I go watch Godannar subtitled (because that's the only way I have it) and enjoy a better show. :thumbs:
 
you know I have to say that Im slowly agreeing with Keith. Rentin's voice is sometimes pretty annoying. Sometimes it's ok but there are times when it's so sissy-fied that it's unbearable to listen to.

Still good show so far.
 
GREAT series...
my friend gave me the whole series on dvd i LOVED IT!

it was ...different but not too different.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top