EUREKA 7 - Saturdays @ Midnight, Only on [adult swim]

It's not GAINAX? Huh... animation and character designs are pretty similar.. as are some of the moments.

Ah well.... still pretty good.
 
GrnPsychoGarren said:
2) What does FLCL have to do with Eureka 7? Why would you expect the music to be like FLCL? You're dissapointed cause you looked at the commercials and expected some FLCL vibe. I didnt do that, thus, I wasnt dissapointed. I loved it for what it was.

You didn't see the commercials clearly. The commercials gave no such vibe. The show itself gave that vibe.

Anyways. I was disappointed with E7. Looks like its going to be a very long wait until Bleach airs, 'cause this ****'s pathetic. If they wanted a mecha show, they should've gotten Gun x Sword!! :laugh:
 
hey, it's just getting going, give the show a chance. who knows where they're going with it? ^_^ at least it's something a little different than smash em up war robots (which i love, dont get me wrong ^_^)
 
Sage Shinigami said:
You didn't see the commercials clearly. The commercials gave no such vibe. The show itself gave that vibe.

Show itself didnt give ME that vibe anywho. But oh well. I love it. But I mostly just enjoyed the episode. I really cant say the series is great obviously. It could still turn into crap. But it's off to a nice start
 
I was disappointed that it was going to have the FLCL flow, but I still thought that the show had plenty of potential. I didn't think it sucked or anything. Just wasn't as other level brilliant as FLCL.
 
J-Caizer said:
I was disappointed that it was going to have the FLCL flow, Just wasn't as other level brilliant as FLCL.

Why compare it to FLCL? They have no relation. FLCL is great. But why lower Eureka 7 by comparing it? Nothing can compare to FLCL Im sorry. Nothing. It was an entire genre all on it's own and it was beautifull.

But I think I know what you mean by FLCL flow. But I just wasnt expecting that at all. The commercials didnt give that vibe and the show itself shows you right away it's not going to be random, crazy, with kick ass music.

This is like watching Gundam Wing and saying "It's not as great as Akira".

I know I know, Im badgering you over nothing. lol

I guess Im saying that FLCL is just FLCL. If you want FLCL style and flow then watch FLCL. Dont look to other animes to mimic the experience. There are no substitutes for perfection. FLCL is just what it is. Eureka 7 is just what it is. They shouldnt be compared and I dont think it was a mistake to even expect Eureka 7 to be anything like FLCL
 
Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.... :P

Like I said, from the commercials I saw direction and animation that was FLCL. Loved it and am dying to experience that kind of enlightenment again.

Alas, I did not.

On its own, the show's pretty good and shows potential. Only thing I don't like is Renton's voice. VERY weak. Holland is dead on tho.

We'll see how it all turns out. The mecha look nothing short of astounding, but I'm not seeing why this didn't go to Toonami, unless Adult Swim just needs some mech action in it.
 
how did you guys like that nice long beep over "god" in "god-damn"? >_> that caught me off guard. first, the language seemed odd for ANY sort of dub that was marketed to a tv station, and second that it was bleeped on adult swim, home of the boondocks ^_^; but the story seems to be progressing well, but there are 48 more eps to go, so who knows...
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top