haha, most bollywood movies are an acquired taste, Ill admit. But in its defense, this seems wacky and out there enough that toku fans who are used to Japanese wackiness may actually enjoy it.
I was thinking of it more as getting imported in limited showing in mainstream theaters as an "foreign art action" film, along the lines of Stephen Chow's stuff, Ong-Bak, etc. A three-hour run-time would hurt it for that sort of thing, though. (And that is only assuming the movie is actually any good outside the excellent trailer)
As long as it's entertaining enough, it will make it. People are growing accustomed to longer movies like The Dark Knight because runtimes are increasing on the biggest blockbusters and they are entertaining. Stephen Chow is a comedic genius and Tony Jaa is an amazing martial artist. He's almost right up there with Jackie Chan.
There's still a lot of factors, so I guess we just need to wait and see. Has anyone seen Daywatch? I hope this movie doesn't end up being similar to Daywatch.
haha, most bollywood movies are an acquired taste, Ill admit. But in its defense, this seems wacky and out there enough that toku fans who are used to Japanese wackiness may actually enjoy it.
The only trouble is the (almost certain) musical elements. I can see that being the biggest turn-off for people around here. (Though hey, for those that liked Hibiki...)
The only trouble is the (almost certain) musical elements. I can see that being the biggest turn-off for people around here. (Though hey, for those that liked Hibiki...)
"The film opened in 300 screens overseas. Ficus Movies handled distribution of the film in its different languages in Canada and the United States. Ayngaran International released the film in various parts of Europe and it will also be responsible for the production and distribution of the film in Blu-ray Disc and DVD."