Dragon Quest IX - Sentinals of the Starry Sky

PSI Ground

pictures of fish
Went to Wal-Mart to buy a new Micro SD for my phone, and DQIX was in the DS game case... I caved in, ran home, grabbed some cash, ran down and bought it. I then cancelled my GameStop Pre-Order.

Started my game just now... Anyone excited for this?
 
Not fair! But congrats on getting it so early. I'm really freaking excited about it. Played the Japanese version for about 20 hours until I found out it was going to be getting a US release. I'm pretty pumped.

My body is ready.
 
I'm psyched for this. I'm hoping this will rid me of my Pokemon addiction for a little while (though I doubt that will happen). This is one of those games that I've intentionally kept myself from reading too much about, because I want the setting and story and everything to be a complete surprise.

Which is rare for me, because spoilers don't bother me at all, but in this case, I really want to drop into the game cold.
 
Man I'm dying for this game, even trying to get a couple of friends to pick it up so we can adventure together.

Edit: Just got back from Game-Stop to see if maybe they had DQIX in early, but no luck. Guy told me that major Nintendo releases have to come out on Sunday, said that like 70% of people in Japan called off school and work the day the new Pokemon games came out. Who knows if any of that is true or he was just an expert at blowing smoke.
 
Last edited:
I'd say he was exaggerating. Pokemon is popular over there, but Dragon Quest is like the most popular rpg series period. I know they started releasing the DQ games on weekends over there to keep people from skipping work and school though. I think that was after DQIII, maybe?

Anyways, started playing this today. I can't wait to form my party and start grinding out some exp and gold.
 
I'm at just over 45 hours, and have been basically doing grottos for about 10 hours now. Still have some story to do, but heck, the grottos are a ton of fun.

Just wish there were people around me who played, so we could take advantage of the tag mode. ;_;
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top