Dr Who... The End of Time

First of all, Matt Smith is great and you'll love him, Keith. But it WILL take a few minutes of the first episode for you to shake off the "that's not MY Doctor!" syndrome that plagues us all after every regeneration. Do try to shake it off - I know people who stubbornly haven't and have missed out on enjoying a lot of good stuff this season.

Second of all...I didn't like the 10th Doctor's end. I believe it was realistic, and fit very will with how far the character had fallen since Donna left him, and how far into selfishness he had gone. But to me, his reaction to his death didn't match the heroic nature of the man who would, without thinking, sacrifice his life to save Donna's grandfather (who's name escapes me right now).

RTD always seemed to have this obsession with writing the Doctor as this, as he put it, "lonely god" character who could never really be happy. I didn't like that. Moffett, on the other hand, has always written him as a man who will go out of his way without question to save EVERYONE.

"Everyone lives, Rose! Everyone lives!" vs "I don't want to go."
 
His finale definitely didn't rock me like the jumping out of my seat I did at the end of Season 4, but his fear of an end I thought was fitting because that Doctor above a lot LOVED life.

I have to say tho... Matt Smith is winning me over aaaaaaaaalllllllmost as fast as David Tennant. I did laugh and cheer at, "GERONIMOOOOO!!!"

New Doc's definitely got the spark and love of adventure.

Hope this new season can live up to Tennant's epic as **** run.
 
I didn't want him to go either........ :(

*sigh*


you might be sad now but if you rewatch it in the future, you'll just be screaming

"OH GET ON WITH IT!"

It was

90% about Russel T Davies and David Tennant leaving
10% about the Doctor

And I have "Vale Decem" on my Ipod touch. It's such a wonderful piece of music. Even if it is self congratulatory.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jneqLP9JRdg[/ame]
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top