Does anyone know if the upcoming Ultra Seven release is legit?

Its completely legit. You will never find any Ultra Seven release in the US any more legit than this.

It's about as legit as those hilarious bootleg toys of Power Rangers or as legit as the Malay DVDs.

And about my quote, it was inspired from Katara's line in Avatar in "The Waterbending Scroll".

You can't steal from a pirate because they ALREADY stole. And the way Chaiyo stole Ultraman... I want them to be seized and all of their big wigs to be imprisoned for their fraud. There's men who'd love to grab them when the soap falls onto the shower when they enter a third world prison.

I won't spend a dime on this, especially if its half-assed quality. I'll get it when TPC wins and THEY release it...I hope they reverse the decision and release it complete.
 
Its completely legit. You will never find any Ultra Seven release in the US any more legit than this.
No. Don't forget about Chaiyo.
It's about as legit as those hilarious bootleg toys of Power Rangers or as legit as the Malay DVDs.
Look, legally speaking it's totally ligit. The highest international court for intellectual property disputes deemed that Chaiyo does own the distribution rights for Ultra Seven outside of Japan, and that's who SHOUT! licensed the show from.

Morally however, that's a whole different issue that's down to each person to decide for themselves.
 
Yeah, that's the problem I have with this Shout! set. This thing passes off as legal, even though Tsuburaya doesn't acknowledge Chaiyo's claim. And it's preventing Tsuburaya from selling this show themselves. At least when I download from a fansub group, they're honest about how they don't really have the rights to distributing any of the shows and I know they won't interfere if the real owners decide to release 'em.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top