Doctor Who - The Crimson Horror

  • Thread starter Thread starter scikaiju
  • Start date Start date
For any TV show, especially sci-fi, I tend to have a high tolerance for bulls...i mean handwaved sort of explanations. Im guilty of not being bothered by much in Who.

I could watch a whole lot more of those 3. Madame Vestra, Jenny Flint, and Strax have come a long way from the callback cameos that they were in When a Good Man Goes to War. To me, they were entertaining, likeable, and very very enjoyable. Miss Jenny is mighty fine too.

I like irredeemable baddies and Mrs Cauliflower was a spectacular one. I especially loved the "the wrong hands" bit. Delicious!

Ada was an enjoyable character to watch as well.

I like the callback to Diana Rigg's, playing Mrs Cauliflower, role of the hawt Emma Peel in the Avengers (ASSEMBLE!) with Jenny in a tightsuit kicking ass (well, 3 really) and all. Its nice to see her again after so long.

The kiss-slap, I loved it. The brother of the deceased who started all grim and serious then reduced to a running gag? Loved it too. The Tom Tom joke? I had to look it up, it was OK. What was the thing with Clara and the G1 TF toy? Was it because she was saying, "Im the boss"?

Kids in the next ep? I dont mind, with the exception of The Curse of the Black Spot, Doctor Who episodes with kids in it that Ive seen were pretty good. I really really liked Night Terrors, I liked Rings of Akhaten, and Im not sure if lil' Amy in the 11th Hour counts. So as long as the story is good and the kids arent played as annoying sacks of brattiness, sign me up.

Thankful for this ep. It was a fun watch for me.

PS: Sooooo whatever happened to the widow of the first guy we saw die this ep?
 
Last edited:
I almost feel like they wanted the kids for next episode, and needed a way to get them into the TARDIS, and that's all that final scene existed for. How do you find those pictures? Is someone compiling a website like in "Rose", but of Clara?
 
^ Probably Neil Gaiman, since it's his episode.

Probably. I'll have to look it up.

My problem is not kids going on an adventure with the Doctor(though I am worried of their safety. Traveling with the Doctor is never harmless or risk-free). It's just the way they found out about time-traveling is, again, ridiculous and seemed tacked on. It really looked like it was never in the original plan of the series and was added in because they need kid character for the next story. I can't say I know how to do it better, but they shouldn't have done it that way.
 
I liked it, felt a bit odd but it was enjoyable and the less said about Mr. Sweetness actually location during the episode the better I say.

The ending was a bit strange given I don't remember or understand how that many pictures of them could still be around but whatever. I just hope the next two episodes end this season on a high note.
 
It was an average episode. However it solidified my opinion that a Vastra, Jenny, and Strax spin-off wouldn't be all too interesting.
 
The ending was a bit strange given I don't remember or understand how that many pictures of them could still be around but whatever. I just hope the next two episodes end this season on a high note.
Are you saying it's unlikely for Russian military submarines to take group pictures shortly after 90% of their crew was slaughtered by a Martian? What else is there to do in there?!
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top