Do you prefer a larger cast of playable cast or a smaller group?

AndreSek

New Member
Final Fantasy x-2 and XV are two of the smallest cast in the history of the franchise. In X2 you only have 3 playable characters and in XV you only have 5. I think the advantage of a smaller cast is that you have to master fewer characters and the character development is easier for the writers. Final Fantasy VI and Tactics are known to have a large cast of playable characters. VI managed to fleshed out 14 playable characters despite of the large cast while tactics struggled on that part. The advantage of the large cast is that you can customize your team in more varieties. It has more replay value because you can try different character combinations.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer an intimate group of 8. That is not too many but not too small. It is easier to balance the facetime and story with 8 playable characters. 8 is enough to give me multiple combinations and characters will have better storyline development. I don't want a group that is too small but I also don't want a cast that is too big.
 
I think the larger cast is better. It gives you an idea that game can evolve into something bigger. And sort of like universe in itself. Less cast is good for say one shot battles.And sort of like limited edition story. But if you want to extend the story then it's better to consider having more casts into the game.
 
The bigger the better my friend. Few characters makes it boring because you get to be limited in what you want and can choose from but when you have more than enough to pick from, then there is no way that you are going to get bored with few characters.
 
In X-2 we are stuck with 3 girls and in XV we are stuck with 5 guys. I want to see a bigger party again with different varieties of characters.
 
The only problem with big casts is that no everyone gets character development. FF6 though managed to flesh out a very big cast. 6 have the biggest cast in the history of the numbered titles.
 
A medium sized cast because the quantity and quality will have a better balance. A super big cast is way too overwhelming while a small cast gets stale very fast. 7 to 9 will be the best balance for me because it gives you different variations of trios and parties. All of them will have the balanced character development too.
 
I think the quantity of the cast doesn't matter as long as the writers and game designers know how to develop everyone. 6 have a super large cast but everyone is so fleshed out with their own stories. So a Big cast can be great. 15 have a small cast and it is also a well received game.
 
I prefer a small intimate cast so everyone will have a shining moment and everyone will felt like an important part of the party. I want to see everyone having their own arc.
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top