Disney+ Thinking About An Indiana Jones Show

Staff member
Like it or not, we’re getting a fifth Indiana Jones movie starring a super-old Harrison Ford who will knock around commies with his walker or cane. But beyond that, the IP will still be valuable (assuming the movie isn’t so bad it tanks the whole thing), so what will Lucasfilm do next? Reboot?
Such a move would go down easier if it was delivered in a different form. If, say, there were to be an IJ TV series, no one would expect Mr. Ford to be on it since he doesn’t work for a TV salary. Thus, Variety reports that Disney is thinking of developing an Indiana Jones Disney+ series.
There are two things to keep in mind: one, having a character everyone loves doesn’t always equal success. The show itself has to be somewhat good. A Star Wars show about Boba Fett should’ve worked perfectly, but instead people responded much more positively to a completely new character with a similar mask and a green...

Continue reading...

Harrison Ford has my utmost love and respect, but I believe it's time for him to pass the acting torch to someone else. He should retire now that he is 80 years old so that someone else can assume the duty of carrying out this role for the foreseeable future. Make Indie like James Bond and Batman. It's time for another person to take the lead.

I do not want to look like a killjoy asshole but I want none of this. The first 3 movies made a perfect trilogy, he literally rode off into the sunset. Literally 0 reason beside rampant avarice to make any other movies or TV shows with the character. Its not like the ip is necessary for adventure movies to do well, people will want to watch an adventure movie if its good. The mummy did something very similar to the indie movies but added a little twist. They should do that, make movies inspired by indiana Jones, it's not some massive universe that requires constant revisitation.

Live free
Animated really is the best way because it has so much more to work with timeline wise- we could have young Shortround, grown Up shortround, young marion, and so many more locales. Ford can keep playing Indiana Jones while being safe from injuries from stunts.

I love Harrison Ford but its time for them to pull a James Bond style and recast the character. You can have another 20+ year successful franchise if you just introduce a new Indy and start telling fresh stories. I want a full reboot of the character. Cast a younger actor to play Indy. Indiana Jones goes on non-essential adventures all over the world. Much like James Bond its easy to have standalone stories that that are jusy another week in the life of Indiana Jones. Frankly, I dont care what an 80 year old Jones is doing after the events of the last few movies. I care what a younger Indiana Jones is doing next after his last adventure.

Pio

Do we really need a new Indiana Jones when better archeologist characters like Lara Croft and Nathan Drake finally exists. He is kinda boring compared to the two names I mentioned who are successful in videogames and already have movies of their own. Out with the old and in with the new. 15 Year olds doesnt know who Indiana Jones is.

What does the Fox say?
Staff member
Harrison Ford has my utmost love and respect, but I believe it's time for him to pass the acting torch to someone else. He should retire now that he is 80 years old so that someone else can assume the duty of carrying out this role for the foreseeable future. Make Indie like James Bond and Batman. It's time for another person to take the lead.
AMEN!! I love Harrison Ford as well. But it's time to let someone take on this task. After all, didn't Arnold Scwarznegger pass the torch to Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson to become the next great action hero? It's time for Mr. Ford to let go.

I believe that Indiana Jones's adventures could still be adapted for television because, despite being an action franchise, there aren't any large CGI monsters running around or anything like that. Instead, you could still do things like have Indiana Jones pulled along by a large Jeep on a television budget. I believe that the expensive parts would be the explosions and other similar things.Though even then I think they'd probably make it more of a mystery adventure type show rather than a straight up action show just to make a story that they can stretch out over multiple episodes, I'm not so sure that the report that it's already coming is very legitimate, I think the expensive stuff would come more from the explosions and things like that.

I like Harrison Ford and how he performs in movies so I will welcome the fifth Indiana Jones movie and will be excited to watch since he is an entertainer so I enjoy whatever he does in his movies.