Did you see that the Annie Awards just opened submissions and added an anime category?

ASIFA-Hollywood has officially opened submissions for the 54th Annie Awards, which will be held on February 20, 2027, at UCLA's Royce Hall. This year, they've introduced an anime category alongside 37 others, including Animated Feature and Short Subject.

I'm curious to see how this will influence recognition for anime in the wider animation community. Anyone else excited about this?

Source: https://www.animationmagazine.net/2...s-opens-submissions-announces-anime-category/
 
This is fantastic news! It's about time anime gets its own spotlight at the Annie Awards. There are so many incredible series and films out there that deserve recognition, from classics like Cowboy Bebop to the stunning visuals in Demon Slayer. I think this could really broaden the conversation around animation as a whole and highlight how different cultures bring unique styles and storytelling to the medium.

I'm particularly curious to see if Attack on Titan gets some love this year; the animation quality in its final season was nothing short of spectacular. What anime do you think will make the biggest impact in this new category?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top