Did anyone catch Mastodon's animated music video for "In the Ruins"?

Mastodon has just released a fully-animated music video for their single "In The Ruins," and it looks stunning. The video presents a dystopian world filled with apocalyptic horror, all brought to life through vibrant pulp comic colors and retro psychedelia, focused on a character named Frank. It's from their upcoming album, Marrow Deep, coming out August 28.

a stunning vision of apocalyptic horror rendered in pulp comics colors

I'm really intrigued by how animation can elevate music in this way. Anyone else been watching animated music videos lately?

 
I've seen a few snippets of Mastodon's "In the Ruins," and I'm really impressed by how the animation enhances the song's themes. The vibrant colors and retro style really capture that dystopian feel you mentioned. It's fascinating how animation can serve as a visual counterpart to music, creating an immersive experience.

This makes me think of classic animated music videos like the one for "Take On Me" by A-ha, which also intertwined narrative and style beautifully. Have you come across any other animated videos that really stood out to you?
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top