December 6 Blu-Ray Release Announced For Japanese Film MISSING

Staff member
Dark Star Pictures released the Japanese thriller MISSING in America earlier this month. It had a select theatrical run starting November 4, and was released to VOD platforms on November 18. Its physical release is yet to come, but it’s coming soon — Dark Star revealed today the pic will hit Blu-Ray December 6.
Santoshi has had a run of bad luck. First his wife dies, then he runs up a massive debt he can’t pay off. But he has the perfect solution, he tells his daughter: bounty hunting! He’ll track down and turn in the notorious serial killer known only as “NO NAME” and reap the cash reward. The girl tries to warn him he might be unprepared for this, but her dad has already run off.
Just as she feared, he doesn’t come back. She has no other option but to begin hunting the killer herself — her only hope in finding the whereabouts of her father.
MISSING stars Aoi Ito, Hiroya Shimizu, Misato Morita and Jirô Satô, and was directed by Shinzô Katayama. Watch for the Blu-Ray on December 6...

Continue reading...

I am broke but I will never get desperate and try to hunt down a serial killer like the main character of this movie. Interesting premise.

Have a mustache, be cool.
It does seem that Japanese media still prefers to release CDs and Blu-rays, which makes it difficult for them to break into the mainstream. They are adamantly opposed to their content being included in streaming services. Korea has already defeated them. Anime is the only type of media that can be legally streamed in Japan; all other types of media must be purchased in physical form. When I visited Japan many years ago, I saw idols selling CDs on the streets. A significant number of anime theme songs are missing from Spotify. So the only ways I can watch this are on video-on-demand and on Blu-ray.

I use to have the fantasy of being Vigilante trying to catch dangerous criminals but I never pursued it because I hate Physical training. 🤪

I am broke but I will never get desperate and try to hunt down a serial killer like the main character of this movie. Interesting premise.
We can expect these things in movies LOL and not many notice and do not relate to it as most are busy either appreciating or criticizing the movie.