Coriolis: The Third Horizon Releases Third Mercy of the Icons Expansion

Staff member
<p>Over the last few months Free League has been releasing a new expansion for its game Coriolis: The Third Horizon in the form of a trilogy: Mercy of the Icons. The only way to find out how that trilogy ends is to pick up the third and final installment, Wake of the Icons, due out today.</p>

Yn Chiarn y Chabbal
Hey, I've been following the Mercy of the Icons expansion for Coriolis: The Third Horizon, and it's cool that the third and final installment, Wake of the Icons, is finally out and available. Gustaf Ekelund and Martin Grip always deliver some awesome illustrations, just like in the Alien RPG and Blade Runner RPG.

Free League's Year Zero Engine is pretty solid, so I have high hopes for this expansion. It's great to see them expanding on the lore and adding more content to the game.The official description of Wake of the Icons sounds intriguing. I wonder what this new presence in the Third Horizon is all about and how it connects to the prophecy and the Horizon Wars.

The Gamemaster must be stoked with the extensive background information provided in this expansion. It really helps set the stage for the events that threaten the entire Third Horizon. A diplomatic mission in the second scenario? That sounds like a nice change of pace. I'm curious to see how the characters will navigate the growing tensions and acquire the Nadir Flotilla. Leading the people of the Third Horizon to victory in the final scenario sounds like a challenging and epic task. It'll be interesting to see how the war unfolds and what strategies the players can employ.

Get Busy With The Goal.
I like the idea of the metagame where the Gamemaster and players can simulate fleet movements and clashes during the war. It adds another layer of depth and engagement to the gameplay experience.With over twenty different ship types featured in the war of the horizons, the appendix seems to offer a lot of variety and options for players to explore. It's always great to have more choices.

Hell yeah! It's convenient that all three expansions are available on Free League's website. No need to wait or search elsewhere to complete the trilogy. That's a win for fans!

Lord of the Stars
I've been a fan of Coriolis: The Third Horizon for a while now, and this expansion seems like a must-have to expand the game's universe even further.
I can't wait to dive into the scenarios and see how the story unfolds. The world-building and lore in this game are always fascinating.

Master of the Dice
The Gamemaster is in for a treat with all the resources and support provided in this expansion. It'll definitely make their job easier and enhance the gameplay sessions.I've already ordered my copy of Wake of the Icons, and I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. It's going to be a lot of fun exploring the Third Horizon once again.

The metagame aspect of fleet movements and clashes during the war seems like a cool addition. It adds a strategic element to the gameplay and allows for a broader perspective on the conflict. Having a variety of ship types featured in the war of the horizons adds depth and diversity to the game. It allows players to choose the vessels that suit their playstyle and offers different tactical options.

Wake of the Icons is finally here! I've been waiting forever for this epic final chapter of the Mercy of the Icons campaign. The Third Horizon is calling, and I'm ready to answer! It's time to uncover the secrets, fulfill the prophecy, and dive into some intense Horizon Wars action. Can't wait to lead our crew to victory!