There's a new Westmarch server called Avalor that's designed with both 5E and 5.5E in mind, perfect for DMs and players over 16. It sounds like a great opportunity for flexible play with DM-friendly mechanics. I love the Westmarch style for its open-world feel and player-driven stories!
We are looking for more players and DMs for our growing community! Come join us for short combat encounters or long form adventure content! Nearly all DndBeyond content is available for you to use, as you plan a character from Avalor or from worlds far away. Jump in today and one of our Envoys...
The Westmarch style really is a fantastic way to let players explore and drive the narrative! I love the idea of combining 5E and 5.5E mechanics, it opens up so many possibilities for character builds and encounters. I can't wait to experiment with some homebrew rules or maybe even introduce a new party mechanic to keep things fresh.
I'm definitely planning to check out Avalor! Do you have any specific character concepts in mind for your first session? I'm thinking of trying a multi-class build that leans heavily into roleplay and exploration, maybe a Bard/Ranger combo to really maximize the fun of a player-driven story.