CASSHERN - For you Toku Lovers out there check this out!

Hikuro

Member
Now then a few notes: 1) I'm putting this up for a good friend of mine cause she spent alot of hard work and 2 years of dedication for this project. She's much better then I am, and her work proves it.
2) This works better if you got a myspace account since this is a myspace site. She use to have an official site but it was taken down for ummm certain reasons.
3) Support her the best way you can by telling her what a great job she did!

*ahem*
:) back in april of 2004, we were finally given Casshern in the live action format. A very artsy film with great visuals and a deep routed storyline that lasted for 2 and a half hours. Probably the longest Toku movie I've ever seen.
In the spring of 2005, a girl from the Voice Acting Alliance boards held auditions for Casshern to be dubbed into english.
Many people tried out, few managed to get in, but all in all this young lady was given a fantastic cast (with yours truely thrown in the mix :P)

Periodically she showed off clips of the sample product, she did a great job, fantastic timing, great mixing, fantastic acting from the individuals parts.

However, just as the project was reaching it's final phase, it was lost. Not only once, but twice the Casshern dub was lost.

Now Aleema has finished the movie, and is plotting to do a DVD release of it and I must say, it looks as good as the movie sounds.

http://www.myspace.com/casshernfandub

So without further adue, I give you guys, Casshern, the english language version.
Some of the cast members would include myself and Hawkeye, so you guys are bound to have fun.
And like I said, she's MUCH better then I am in mixing live action (she was going to help me with Kabuto but she got busy, and you can see why).

Again, please show your support, she did alot of hard work to bring this project together and it's finished cept for DVD copies. She's been pushing to get this published after seeing the horrible version laid out by Dreamworks and nearly had this shown in some conventions last year.
 
I saw the movie a few years ago, there's no fighting until about an hour in, but after that it's all good stuff. It takes ages for the movie to get interesting, but that's just my take on the movie, I'm not trying to shoot down your work or anything. I might check it out some time!
 
I saw the movie a few years ago, there's no fighting until about an hour in, but after that it's all good stuff. It takes ages for the movie to get interesting, but that's just my take on the movie.

The movie doesn't really focus to much on action, it's more on the human level of hope, hate, love, fear, etc etc. But yes, there are very little fight scenes, I think.......maybe 4.
 
But the Casshern/Barashin and Casshern/Burai fights were quite awesome.

I loved the movie in every aspect, because the story was just so moving. Aleema did an amazing job on it and I hope all of the fans will dig the English language version.
 
I'm not sure about this, I not dismissing her hard work on the fan dub, but there is an official release of the movie out now
 
And edited from what I understand. Next time I'm in Hollywood I'll check out the time stamp, the movie is nearly 2 and a half hours, like 2h 20min's...I'll check it out.
 
And edited from what I understand. Next time I'm in Hollywood I'll check out the time stamp, the movie is nearly 2 and a half hours, like 2h 20min's...I'll check it out.

Yeah it's missing 20 minutes which IMHO is a good thing because that flick needed to be shaved a bit. Needless to say, I'm looking forward to seeing the "Director's Cut".

But regardless, it's a bit sketchy territory in terms of the Unwritten Rule of Fandubbing. It was made before the license whereas if you tried now, it'd mean big trouble if the big wigs found out.

Maybe this could be the "Phantom Edit" that fans like you are longing to see. In that respect, keep it on the down low. Otherwise, right now this is sorta riding a thin line.
 
And edited from what I understand. Next time I'm in Hollywood I'll check out the time stamp, the movie is nearly 2 and a half hours, like 2h 20min's...I'll check it out.

Yeah they cut scenes from the english version. I didn't think they even did that anymore. I'm going to stick with my HK sub copy. I don't support trimmed movies especially ones as gorgeous as casshern. It's a crime to cut scenes from that movie.

I might be more leniant if I knew what scenes they cut exatly, but for now no english version for me.
 
it was licensed by Dreamworks a few of years ago though if I remember correctly, it was just released recently
 

Latest News & Videos

Latest News

Back
Top