I never thought about the possibility of crying underwater until now, and I find it fascinating. The article explains well that tears can still be produced below the surface since lacrimal glands do not stop working just because a person is in water. What makes sense to me is that the tears just mix with the surrounding water, making them invisible. However, I think the bigger question is whether crying in such an environment would feel the same emotionally. For me, crying is not only about the tears but also about breathing patterns, sobbing, and the body’s physical release. Underwater, those reactions become dangerous because you cannot breathe freely. So while the body can still produce tears, the emotional experience is compromised. That is why divers or swimmers would rarely attempt this. It is still comforting to know that biologically, tears serve their same protective role for the eyes even in water.